Old Forgotten Friends

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
This past few weeks I've been doing some contract work for a company I used to work for 7 years ago. I had worked for that company for 18 years previously. I live a good 3 hours away from the silicon valley where this company is located.

Over the years I had forgotten just how many friends I had made there. When you leave a company you stay in touch for a while but over time the past just kind of fades away and friendships are somewhat forgotten.

It was kinda strange walking around talking and seeing how people had changed, chubbier, graying, not quite a pretty, more wrinkled but basically the same people on the inside.

Well anyway.. it's kind of strange running across old forgotten friends..

If they had really been friends, would they have been forgotten?

I guess it's a matter of degrees... close friends, you don't forget..

I know what you mean though. One of our kids dragged us into the Facebook world a few months ago, and through that I have reconnected with old classmates that I long ago lost track of, with family members that we haven't seen in decades, and old business associates that I hadn't thought about in years.

And it has been a great experience.

I have registered on Facebook and it is amazing how many people from the past want to contact me.

I have a lot of grievances to sort out.

I have registered on Facebook and it is amazing how many people from the past want to contact me.

I have a lot of grievances to sort out.

Oh my. I hope that doesn't translate into an unhappy experience. I haven't had anybody I didn't want to reconnect with contact me. But I guess I'm lucky that I haven't made a lot of enemies in my ever-more-lengthy life, and for that I am grateful. There are a few folks that I would hesitate to add as Facebook friends though. :)

If they had really been friends, would they have been forgotten?

I know what you mean though. One of our kids dragged us into the Facebook world a few months ago, and through that I have reconnected with old classmates that I long ago lost track of, with family members that we haven't seen in decades, and old business associates that I hadn't thought about in years.

I haven't tried facebook. I just thought it was interesting how little these old friends changed in humor and perspectives over time. They look different but after a short conversation your back on the same wavelength.

Facebook is strange, first you are amazed everyone is still alive. Then you recap old stuff, then you wonder if are the dead not better off?

Lol.
I also ventured onto facebook recently and re-connected with old school friends I lost track of 30 years ago. It was great. But ultimately, though I did enjoy reconnecting with them, we're scattered all over and our only contact is via facebook.

I was impressed with how well my friends turned out, though. What a nice bunch of people.

I haven't tried facebook. I just thought it was interesting how little these old friends changed in humor and perspectives over time. They look different but after a short conversation your back on the same wavelength.

Yes that is an interesting phenomenon. After not seeing or really thinking about somebody for decades, once the reconnection is made, it seems easy to pick up right where we left off all those many years ago.

Forum List

Back