Old Fart wins lawsuit for being called "Old Fart"

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
DALLAS Attorneys say a 63-year-old West Texas woman won an age-discrimination suit against a company run by a 72-year-old woman after being called a series of insulting names.

Attorney Mary Goodrich said Garlan Cunningham of Ranger alleged that the campaign of ridicule was orchestrated by septuagenarian Doris Richeson of Graham.

Richeson operates 49 Dairy Queens in Texas.

On Friday, a Dallas jury awarded Cunningham nearly a million (M) dollars for lost wages, mental anguish and punitive damages.

The company's attorney, John Ross of Dallas, said the company denies Cunningham's allegations and intends to appeal.

Cunningham's attorneys said she was demoted from supervising 24 Dairy Queens to district manager in charge of 11, then fired in March 2003 when efforts to force her resignation failed.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3199371

-Cp said:
DALLAS Attorneys say a 63-year-old West Texas woman won an age-discrimination suit against a company run by a 72-year-old woman after being called a series of insulting names.

Attorney Mary Goodrich said Garlan Cunningham of Ranger alleged that the campaign of ridicule was orchestrated by septuagenarian Doris Richeson of Graham.

Richeson operates 49 Dairy Queens in Texas.

On Friday, a Dallas jury awarded Cunningham nearly a million (M) dollars for lost wages, mental anguish and punitive damages.

The company's attorney, John Ross of Dallas, said the company denies Cunningham's allegations and intends to appeal.

Cunningham's attorneys said she was demoted from supervising 24 Dairy Queens to district manager in charge of 11, then fired in March 2003 when efforts to force her resignation failed.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3199371

WHAT--I thought only men could be old farts !!! :rock:

Hell, she should have just dumped a cup of hot coffee in her crotch. She would have been awarded ten times that much.

Merlin1047 said:
Hell, she should have just dumped a cup of hot coffee in her crotch. She would have been awarded ten times that much.
LoL, Merlin..everyone knows DQ coffee is not hot! :poke: She should of changed her name to Pettell real fast, that woulda done it.

dilloduck said:
WHAT--I thought only men could be old farts !!! :rock:
When I saw the title of the thread and that it was in Texas, I really expected to see dillo's name there!!! :rotflmao:

Joz said:
When I saw the title of the thread and that it was in Texas, I really expected to see dillo's name there!!! :rotflmao:

now you know damn well that I can't afford a lawyer !!! :rotflmao:

dilloduck said:
now you know damn well that I can't afford a lawyer !!! :rotflmao:

Please allow me to present my card, sir. I'm from the law firm of Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh - STABLE attorneys who'll get you money for your pain and suffering.

Geez, I called SE an old fart the other day, can he sue me? Please tell me you deleted that PM, SE! I'm hiding my $5 right now! :fifty:

musicman said:
Please allow me to present my card, sir. I'm from the law firm of Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh

Hmmmm.... If I didn't know any better, I'd think mm was dropping a little inside joke for the extremely politically incorrect among us.

What a nation of babies we've become. A lawsuit over name-calling. And in any event: if you're 72 years old, haven't you earned the right to call anyone anything you damn well please? If I make it that long, I'll consider it my right.

William Joyce said:
Hmmmm.... If I didn't know any better, I'd think mm was dropping a little inside joke for the extremely politically incorrect among us.

What a nation of babies we've become. A lawsuit over name-calling. And in any event: if you're 72 years old, haven't you earned the right to call anyone anything you damn well please? If I make it that long, I'll consider it my right.

OK WJ, that's at least 3 posts of yours that I've really liked. I can't rep you any more, but you are causing me a great deal of dissonance. Please revert to expected behavior! Just kidding. :thup:

musicman said:
Please allow me to present my card, sir. I'm from the law firm of Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh - STABLE attorneys who'll get you money for your pain and suffering.

But Mr. Esquire sir----this has nothing to do with my horses !! :blues:

Forum List

Back