old dog vestibular syndrome

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
yesterday buddy began acting odd.....i thought i might be over reacting....grumpy gets home and buddy is worse....

off to the emergency vet in boone....it was bad....i thought it was a one way ride for old buddy....one one knows his age..we guess between 10 and up...but no one knows....so we get to the vet and buddy is slowly getting better....no more stumbling or circling seemed fine....ran blood tests they all came back fine......vet thinks he has this vestibular syndrome and thinks buddy will get better...

give buddy those good vibs....i really didnt think i would be bringing buddy home...he is home and quietly relaxing...

Idiopathic or “Old Dog” Vestibular Disease

The old man just had a bad day.

We have a 14 and a half year old cattle dog named Salty and he has his good and bad days now. He is an amazing dog and I am dreading the inevitable

i know....the thought of losing him so soon after losing thor is oo muh and i am amazed ...if i told you two days ago i thought he was dying you would think i was crazy to see him now....i am glad to have him still with me...

hope your dog continues to have good days

Forum List

Back