Old City Jerusalem as an Independent Sovereignty

The only people erased from the Temple Mount are the Jewish people. THAT is ethnic cleansing. (Have you read Rigby's posts? And he is only the last of a long line.)
My reference was particular to the article Rylah had posted, which I responded to and which he has since deleted. It was pretty extreme.

Rashi quotes the Midrash that explains Avraham’s intent:
If you wish [to sell the burial site], I will act as a stranger who recognizes your rights over the area; but if you do not [sell me the burial site], I will implement my right of sovereignty and seize the land by virtue of God’s promise to me, "And to your children will I give this land."

This very much sums up my feelings about the conflict at this point. IF the Arabs had treated the Jewish people as equals, with respect and sincere "welcome home", then there would be a sharing of rights and mutual acknowledgement. SINCE the Arabs have NOT done this, the Jewish people have no alternative but to assert our sovereignty.
Over what?

The only people erased from the Temple Mount are the Jewish people. THAT is ethnic cleansing. (Have you read Rigby's posts? And he is only the last of a long line.)
My reference was particular to the article Rylah had posted, which I responded to and which he has since deleted. It was pretty extreme.

Not as extreme as ethnically cleansing the Jewish people and their holy spaces from the Temple Mount and insisting that it remain cleansed. Which is actual reality today.

Rashi quotes the Midrash that explains Avraham’s intent:
If you wish [to sell the burial site], I will act as a stranger who recognizes your rights over the area; but if you do not [sell me the burial site], I will implement my right of sovereignty and seize the land by virtue of God’s promise to me, "And to your children will I give this land."

This very much sums up my feelings about the conflict at this point. IF the Arabs had treated the Jewish people as equals, with respect and sincere "welcome home", then there would be a sharing of rights and mutual acknowledgement. SINCE the Arabs have NOT done this, the Jewish people have no alternative but to assert our sovereignty.
Over what?

Over the territory the Jewish people require for their safety, security and well-being, where they can express the values which are important to them.

It will make much more sense for the world if in Israel there is a Temple on the Temple Mount.
Isn't that apparent?
Erasing Muslims from the Temple Mount?

No not 'erasing Muslims' from the Temple Mount,
merely carefully moving the dome back to Mecca
and outlawing the Waqf in the Land of Israel.

Until the Temple is built - asserting full guardianship over Mount Zion,
outline the areas, where according to Torah Law people could worship the G-d of Israel.

When the Temple is complete, the presence and worship of Muslims and anyone who recognizes the Torah of Moses is taken into account for granted - in the outlining of construction plan itself and the Torah Law and vision - the House of the G-d of Israel is expressly called
the "House of prayer for all the nations" not just for a rhyme.

Last edited:

What was extreme, the opinions expressed in the article?
I think to suggest one divides his holy site with sworn enemies,
to be left in a position of public display of submission in the center of one's own capital,
and call it "equality"...is an extreme perversion of justice.

Or was it extreme that I deleted the post?
If You re-read the thread back some pages, You'l see that the article was brought in the context of comparing the political proposition to the ideal of the 'Fixed World'.

You see Shusha raised several provocative ideas and questions, that motivated a short study, and hopefully will give, first me then whoever asks, definitive answers in a way that could fit this narrow format of the forum. The article is relevant, though it would be better posted after I get an answer from at least 2 scholars regarding the research conclusions, which are not at all simple or black and white.
So that I don't utter nonsense about Torah on such a complicated and dear subject.

Just as an appetizer, to get some proportions of the subject context,
in the fixed world there's no evil inclination, or thus free choice, and the children of Israel are prophets - we are talking about a transformed equation of reality, not a narrowly political debate.

As a non Jew, a non Muslim, Corpus separatum is the ONLY way for Jerusalem!

Controlled by neither Jew nor Muslim!

Both Jews and Muslims are residents in the Old City. Are you suggesting that these residents should have no say in their own government?

Why not suggest half of Vatican given to Muslims and another quarter for the Dalai Lama?
The pope folks should be happy with the rest.

Sure Coyote would love that one...for the sake of "equality" of course.

Last edited:
Maybe all cities with more than one culture should be governed by international committees.

Maybe all cities with more than one culture should be governed by international committees.
I hear Putin says there're many Russian speakers in Washington.

Or just give the capital of every nation to be ruled for half a year by every other president on the planet, until completing a full cycle.

Equality all the way :twirl:

Forum List

Back