Old cars suck | Change my mind

With few exceptions (Trans Am) they were ugly, poorly made cars

Lazy ass Union workers, who thought their gravy train would last forever?

I agree.

Union workers did not design the cars, they did not buy the parts, they did not set quality standards

It took a combination of commie auto unions and inbreed, clueless management to kill Detroit and they did a through job of it. Teamwork!
The Capitalist corporations used up and abandoned Detroit. They designed crappy cars, cut corners and ignored the market

The consumers weren’t buying it

I sold new and used cars during the 80s and the mid 70s cars sucked. I think it was the gas crisis that killed the auto market. I can't remember when it was, but the Alaskan pipeline changed things for the better again. People started ordering Cadillacs and Lincoln Continentals again.

When I was in the Navy I bought a '77 Mustang. Biggest piece of shit I ever owned. Ford was just learning about 4 cylinder motors, I think. The engine in this disaster should have had Briggs & Stratton on the side.

Here is a new car for folks that like old cars. . . :71:

482994.jpg

Ford Mustang Boss 429 Is Back In Production With 815 HP
Ford Mustang Boss 429 Is Back In Production With 815 HP

"Behold the first brand new 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 in 50 years.

Earlier this year, fans of classic muscle cars rejoiced when Ford announced it's teaming up with Classic Restorations to produce new continuation versions of the 1969-1970 Mustang Boss 302, the 1969-1970 Mustang Boss 429, and the 1969-1970 Mustang Mach 1. Fast forward half a year later, and the officially-licensed 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 continuation car has made its public debut at the 2018 SEMA show.. . . . "

When I was in the Navy I bought a '77 Mustang. Biggest piece of shit I ever owned. Ford was just learning about 4 cylinder motors, I think. The engine in this disaster should have had Briggs & Stratton on the side.

Those are the cars I'm talking about. They have V-nothing engines and the US went to a nationwide 55 mph maximum speed limit. I had to look it up, but from 1974 to 1977, it became feasible to build the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. That was incredible for people of working age. I remember one of my teachers quitting her job to go work there. These guys were gonna get paid some big bucks doing a job no one had ever done before in those weather conditions. I don't remember if that helped lower prices, but it was the beginning of better gas prices. Okay, I looked it up, but there was a second 1979 oil crisis and that caused gas lines to form again. It wasn't until 1980 that prices started to go down. What I remember is $1.99 are you outta your mine which came probably during the 90s.

Forum List

Back