Old cars suck | Change my mind

I really dont like old cars that are stock. With the exception of muscle cars from the 60s, and maybe a few from the 70s, im not interested in old cars at all. If it isnt a restomod, its awful.

For starters, old cars are unreliable. There was once a time when 100,000 miles meant your car was ready for a graveyard. They just didnt hold up, even if you maintained them.

Secondly, they arent safe. They handle terribly and their brakes are atrocious. They have no business being on the road with modern cars. We have enough deaths on our roads as it is.

Third, and most importantly, they dont perform well at all. You cant corner effectively, and they arent fast (by todays standards). For about $2,000, you can tune up a friggin Ford Focus to easily outperform the baddest cars from the past (top speed, quarter mile, track times, etc).

Ok, this is old and in super good condition, but its shape is silly...

For the money you probably spent to buy that ^, you could buy this BMW 8 Series Coupe.

If you had 100 grand to spend on a car, would it be on an old classic? Come on man. Dont tell me you wouldnt take the Beamer.

Old cars suck, change my mind.
/—-/ Why would anyone waste a second trying to change your mind? Who cares what you like?

Exactly. Goodboy seems hell bent on comparing apples and oranges while rationalizing his desire to own an uber-expensive super high tech car. The thing is that cars of old were designed on STYLING and beauty, then government regulations forced them into efficiency so they began looking at wind drag and all kinds of other things resulting in the modern car which basically all look the same.

But on beauty, breeding and class alone, it sure is hard to beat a 1935 Bugatti.

View attachment 278639

Imagine having this to cruise around in, in 1935 when others were still cruising around in Model T Fords. That was the life.
That is not a beautiful car. If that car had never been made and it suddenly came out in 2019, you would say its the dumbest shape ever. You are accepting a lesser product merely because its old.

I really dont like old cars that are stock. With the exception of muscle cars from the 60s, and maybe a few from the 70s, im not interested in old cars at all. If it isnt a restomod, its awful.

For starters, old cars are unreliable. There was once a time when 100,000 miles meant your car was ready for a graveyard. They just didnt hold up, even if you maintained them.

Secondly, they arent safe. They handle terribly and their brakes are atrocious. They have no business being on the road with modern cars. We have enough deaths on our roads as it is.

Third, and most importantly, they dont perform well at all. You cant corner effectively, and they arent fast (by todays standards). For about $2,000, you can tune up a friggin Ford Focus to easily outperform the baddest cars from the past (top speed, quarter mile, track times, etc).

9ec908d34080f5c565c666d3424849af.jpg

For the money you probably spent to buy that ^, you could buy this BMW 8 Series Coupe.

ac-schnitzer-bmw-8-series-coupe-1.jpg

If you had 100 grand to spend on a car, would it be on an old classic? Come on man. Dont tell me you wouldnt take the Beamer.

/—-/ Why would anyone waste a second trying to change your mind? Who cares what you like?
This thread isnt for you then. Its only for people who want to play my game. Its not a requirement.

I'll take my GT40 MkI over a modern car any day of the week
A 2019 Ford GT is simply a better looking/performing version of that car, but i do love GT40s.

ford-gt-carbon-series-1.jpg

ford-gt_100676780.jpg
In thirty years, you'll still think that is a nice looking car, and some young punk will tell you it is garbage.

Meanwhile, there are folks on this forum that think this is a better looking car, while yours is just inorganic and depressing.

b77a757b1ebc8698297999f811e2f72d.jpg

A 2019 Ford GT is simply a better looking/performing version of that car, but i do love GT40s.

ford-gt_100676780.jpg
In thirty years, you'll still think that is a nice looking car, and some young punk will tell you it is garbage.

Meanwhile, there are folks on this forum that think this is a better looking car, while yours is just inorganic and depressing.

I said i like 60s and 70s muscle cars. Im 46 by the way. Im not exactly young.

How much will that BMW be worth in five years with 100K miles on it? How much will the classic old car be worth? Plus, the older cars are just classically beautiful. Some have great performances, but can be modded to be stellar.

jaguar-e-type-series-i-cabriolet-roadster-1964-series-i.jpg
If i was making an investment, it would be in realestate. Cars are purely for fun.

ford-gt_100676780.jpg

Just looking, this 1972 Pantera is going for $80,000, how much was it new $5,000?

Pantera-28-of-39-1-940x627.jpg

ford-gt_100676780.jpg

Just looking, this 1972 Pantera is going for $80,000, how much was it new $5,000?

View attachment 278661
^ Dope

How much will that BMW be worth in five years with 100K miles on it? How much will the classic old car be worth? Plus, the older cars are just classically beautiful. Some have great performances, but can be modded to be stellar.

If i was making an investment, it would be in realestate. Cars are purely for fun.

Well, with SOME cars you can have both, or at least limit your losses WHILE you have fun. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Tell that to Jay Leno

download (13).jpeg

I said i like 60s and 70s muscle cars. Im 46 by the way. Im not exactly young.

When I was a kid, I looked up to the 18 year old paper boy as a man of the world.
But when I got to be 18 myself, I realized I knew nothing.

Then I was 30 and was sure I was on top of the world. Couldn't have been farther from the truth.

When I hit 40, I was sure I had really arrived.

But it wasn't until I was 50 that I realized I was just starting to understand the way things are. That was the first time I knew I was an adult.

Now that I'm in my 60s, I finally understand that I'm just beginning to understand.

46. You're a fucking kid. You don't know shit.

64025280-770-0@2X.jpg

Yup, ugly as all hell...... :rolleyes:
^ Dope.
Ah yes, projection suits you. :thup:

'Dope' is a positive comment, you dope.
Not in my day and age.......

ca0816-244449_1@2x.jpg

1972 Ford Gran Torino. I do like that.

I had a 72 Gran Torino, I hated that car with a passion when I was 16...it seemed like every week something went wrong with it, working at arby's I rode my bicycle more then I drove it.

Engine replaced

Starter

Battery

Alternative..

When I finally had enough of it, it wouldn't go in reverse, I gave it to my uncle for $500 and bought a 1972 Gran Prix SE.

download (14).jpeg

At least the old cars looked different and were distinctive while today's cars all look the same. So much so they've stopped making most of them. Style no longer counts so now it's all about utility and it's either a sport ute (today's station wagon and grocery getter aka soccer mom mobile) or a pick up truck.

They are not even close to today’s cars

Forum List

Back