Old candy favorites

I live in Colorado next to marijuana shop. Didn't ask for it,don't need it, but here we are stuck in the middle with clowns that we didn't ask for imposing their fleeting will on Us.... Hickenlooper or Hanckock.

If I had to choose my favorite candy as a kid it would be the three foot long red liquorice whips you got at the mall back in the seventies.
As thick as your pinky and sweet as hell!!

The only thing close these days is Red Vines.

I also remember long whips of bubble gum. Grape was my favorite.....come to think of it, I don't know if there were other flavors

:laugh2:

Freshen-Up-Gum.jpg

Wow, so much of what has been shared here obviously was before my time because I have never heard of them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (born in 1982)

I don't remember 'sponge' candy, but it does look like Seafoam that has a similar center and covered in chocolate. I've never really seen it sold in most markets, only at small shops at the beach. The pieces were like 2 or 3 inches thick. It was hard & brittle and did a number on your teeth.......but still good.

There also used to be something similar only not as brittle. More of a puff, that came in both peppermint and either butter or butterscotch flavor that it would melt in your mouth and I think they were only sold around the holidays.....or atleast that was the only time I could have any. I don't remember the name and I haven't been able to find any anywhere. I loved those things.

Anyone remember these? You can still get them I think, they used to be in a box on the counter at nearly every store but they are hard to find now. I used to love these things.

Milk Chocolate Ice Cubes - 100 / Tub

albert-s-ice-cubes-chocolates-100ct-coming-soon-3.gif
I remember those, vaguely. There were not anything special in my past. I liked Reece's peanut butter cups, red licorice and Almond Roca. :p Also
images

Last edited:
No "delicious sweets" no longer exist around the world ...
Forget ..
----------------------------------
The whole confectionery industry belongs to the monopolies.
- not chocolate, but a fake
- not fruits, but flavors
- not butter, but palm oil
- and so on....
---------------------------------------
all the more, in America, where they devour complete crap ...

===============================================
Soviet sweets, which all children adored:

Mishka.JPG

I used to love these

Squirrel-Nut-Zippers-Original-Caramels-im-127052.jpg

I've never seen these, what are they made of?
Caramel with peanut slivers inside

Made by Necco, in business since 1847 holy hell.

I remember these as a kid.

Kavalan-42.jpg

Necco (New England Confectionary Company) was sold this week for $18 million dollars. They had declared bankruptcy because of slowing sales. The company began in 1847 and Union soldiers carried Necco Wafers (with a different name back then) during the Civil War. I'm glad this is one of the older companies that hasn't disappeared into the ether lately. Hostess is also hanging on. The culture loses something when institutions, even companies, that are part of the culture go out of business.

61ehRGpZlEL._SY355_.jpg

Forum List

Back