Ol' Dirty Bastard - R.I.P.

He lived on the edge of the law and often within inches of his life. Wounded in shootings and arrested on a long list of charges, including threatening security officers, illegally possessing body armour, driving with a suspended licence, shoplifting and threatening a former girlfriend.

In 2000, after escaping a court-ordered stint in a California rehabilitation centre, authorities searched for him for a month. He was finally arrested in a McDonald's car park in Philadelphia. Three days earlier he had given a surprise fugitive performance in a New York city concert with Wu-Tang.

In 2001, he was sentenced to two to four years in prison for drug possession, plus two concurrent years for escaping from the clinic. He was released in 2003 and immediately signed with Roc-a-Fella.

He'll be sorely missed. Maybe by law enforcement anyway. :rolleyes:

I'll bet ODB OD'd.

Crap, my question was answered by the last paragraph. His mother says the thug was a good father. Darwin! Sometimes you don't work fast enough.

no1tovote4 said:
Crap, my question was answered by the last paragraph. His mother says the thug was a good father. Darwin! Sometimes you don't work fast enough.

Yeah I think he had a bunch of kids, from several different mothers.

Zhukov said:
Yeah I think he had a bunch of kids, from several different mothers.

was this supposed to shock us? :D this is standard procedure for hiphoppers/rappers. knock up every woman you touch, then don't marry any of them. THEN act like you know everything about parenting, when the only quality time you spend with your kids is the time you spend writing the child support check to their mother. THEN parade your success around, not realizing that kids (whose parents don't pay attention) look at you as a role model, and your lifestyle is not something they really should persue, but to them, you ARE God. Monkey see, monkey do...

If his guy had heart trouble at 35, and was not fat in the least...I almost guarantee that he OD'd on drugs or used a lethal combination of different drugs.

That must have been so me good cold medicine to have knocked him dead right in the recording studio?? :rolleyes:

Apparently, from his checkered past, many missed him before he died, several times.

That's one that should have never been allowed to swim in the gene pool.

what gets me is all the good stuff he did is mainly left out

a few years ago, he saved a little girl trapped underneath a run down car

he also had a heart of gold for people hard up, as i can personally attest having attended one of his shows in raleigh, durham back in 97. there was a man who'd lost his wife to a kidney disease who won a radio ticket contest, and ODB and another member of the Wu-Tang Clan performing (Genius/GZA) gave him 15,000 dollars to help with the funeral expenses.

an off the wall guy? yes

a person who hurt people with malice? no

a gangster rapper who made society a worse place? no

a guy with problems who was in the iron crucible of celebrity? yes

a person who will be missed by the hip-hop community and other fans? definitely.

R.I.P.

NATO AIR said:
what gets me is all the good stuff he did is mainly left out

a few years ago, he saved a little girl trapped underneath a run down car

he also had a heart of gold for people hard up, as i can personally attest having attended one of his shows in raleigh, durham back in 97. there was a man who'd lost his wife to a kidney disease who won a radio ticket contest, and ODB and another member of the Wu-Tang Clan performing (Genius/GZA) gave him 15,000 dollars to help with the funeral expenses.

an off the wall guy? yes

a person who hurt people with malice? no

a gangster rapper who made society a worse place? no

a guy with problems who was in the iron crucible of celebrity? yes

a person who will be missed by the hip-hop community and other fans? definitely.

R.I.P.

this is the first I have heard of ANY those.

Very interesting...

A conservative poster, last week on the forum, praised President George W. Bush for "blessing" Yasser Arafat; a man who's influence may had inspired 9/11(see Arafat's dead); yet in his infinite wisdom, he feels so reluctant to come to this thread and bless a person of a lesser, and less significant, negative influence.

Consistency guys; if you conservatives want the impression that you are in the "right", you're going to have show at least some form of pity or prayer; remember, you're suppose to be "GOD's people". Just some food for thought.

All I know is that a man is dead, and all I'm reading here are postings of CELEBRATION.

On behalf of the Bush administration's "new policy" I pray to ODB, "MAY GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL"!

hylandrdet said:
Very interesting...

A conservative poster, last week on the forum, praised President George W. Bush for "blessing" Yasser Arafat; a man who's influence may had inspired 9/11(see Arafat's dead); yet in his infinite wisdom, he feels so reluctant to come to this thread and bless a person of a lesser, and less significant, negative influence.

Consistency guys; if you conservatives want the impression that you are in the "right", you're going to have show at least some form of pity or prayer; remember, you're suppose to be "GOD's people". Just some food for thought.

All I know is that a man is dead, and all I'm reading here are postings of CELEBRATION.

On behalf of the Bush administration's "new policy" I pray to ODB, "MAY GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL"!

Touche! I hold up my pinky finger to you effort at incitefulness.

Forum List

Back