Oklahoma to publish abortion stats that could make it possible to ID individuals

you can't publish any information gained for medical reasons without the patients consent, this would violate hippa laws.

As time goes on, things stay the same really.

you have to feel out that information when you have an abortion which goes in your medical file which is private. I just don't think they can go into your file and retrieve the information legally and without violating hipaa laws.

:lol:

I am still right Doggie!
I also used your thread to find a link on hippa laws. ;)
Thanks for posting it, it was very useful.

Wow. Just wow.

This a good example of conservative hypocrisy. They want to identify women who get abortions but they'll allow concealed gun carriers to sneak around without the first shred of obligation to identify themselves.

well, you jerks insisted that John McCain make his enitre medical record available who wha'ts yer fricking problem?

John McCain consented to making his medical history available.

This a good example of conservative hypocrisy. They want to identify women who get abortions but they'll allow concealed gun carriers to sneak around without the first shred of obligation to identify themselves.

well, you jerks insisted that John McCain make his enitre medical record available who wha'ts yer fricking problem?

Yes, he did. a limited history, not entire.
To a handful of reporters for three hours, who were in a closed room, were not allowed to take notes, no pictures and certainly no photocopies.

To a handful of reporters for three hours, who were in a closed room, were not allowed to take notes, no pictures and certainly no photocopies.

and youse demons bitched a blue streak about it too. hypocrites!

And if the womens names and addresses aren't available on the Web site trying to figure out who they are is a guessing game.

And I bet there's some anti-abortion groups willing to do the legwork.
Hell, the freakin freepers with a few tid bits of information online
and their super intrepid slooooth skills, can pinpoint who someone is to their eye color, mother's maiden name, political affiliation, outstanding tax bills, any notable lawn ornaments--
and when the target's last bowel movement was.

which he could of refused to submit, so that arguement doesn't hold up.

Not only could he, he did so. He "released" them by allowing a handful of journalists just a few hours to comb over thousands of pages of documents. Also, if I recall correctly, he didn't allow them to bring in any method to record what they found.

Not me. Didn't give a shit.

But he certainly didn't "make his enitre medical record available" as you said he did.

Not me. Didn't give a shit.

But he certainly didn't "make his enitre medical record available" as you said he did.

I didn't say he did. You guys lack basic reading skills..you need help.

When I first read this I thought it was harassment. But the womens names are still anonymous and you would have to go to great length to figure who filled out the questionaire. A 10 page questionaire seems to be more about harassing doctors

It would contain enough identifying information to be an invasion of privacy. If I were to disclose such about one of my patients ---even without their name --- I could be charged under HIPAA.

Forum List

Back