Oklahoma REALLY doesn't want Women to have Abortions

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » New Oklahoma law will publicy post details of women’s abortions online.

How simply pathetic this is. In this day and age in small communities, those eight questions could easily identify who had a Abortion. These scare tactics used to try and stop women from doing what they feel is right for both wrong and a abuse of laws.

So while Republicans and Democrats who are ultra-religious may enjoy seeing this, I assume Libertarians and those for small Government do not wish to see this. This is obviously Government involving themselves into a person's private matter and forcing them to answer questions they may not feel comfortable answering.

Where is the outrage from those on the right for Government intrusion in this situation? Or is it not Government intrusion because you agree with this? :eusa_eh:

even though they won't post her name I some how think posting some of the info violates hippa???
maybe not

Think Progress » New Oklahoma law will publicy post details of women’s abortions online.

How simply pathetic this is. In this day and age in small communities, those eight questions could easily identify who had a Abortion. These scare tactics used to try and stop women from doing what they feel is right for both wrong and a abuse of laws.

So while Republicans and Democrats who are ultra-religious may enjoy seeing this, I assume Libertarians and those for small Government do not wish to see this. This is obviously Government involving themselves into a person's private matter and forcing them to answer questions they may not feel comfortable answering.

Where is the outrage from those on the right for Government intrusion in this situation? Or is it not Government intrusion because you agree with this? :eusa_eh:

Why is it a scare tactic? If you see nothing wrong with killing an unborn child then why would public opinion matter?

What is so uncomfortable with these questions...

1. Date of abortion
2. County in which abortion performed
3. Age of mother
4. Marital status of mother
(married, divorced, separated, widowed, or never married)
5. Race of mother
6. Years of education of mother
(specify highest year completed)
7. State or foreign country of residence of mother
8. Total number of previous pregnancies of the mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions

to a woman that has no problem with killing an unborn child?

even though they won't post her name I some how think posting some of the info violates hippa???
maybe not

I'm pretty sure they bypass that law by having you answer the questions but I could be wrong.

What other medical procedures are public information?

I can't believe anyone would support this bill.

There is a curious irony in the right's concept of government, governments are only good when they are invading and bombing people otherwise they are a restriction on freedom or some thing like that!

repost: If one, or more, out of five conceptions end naturally arguing that a person is formed at conception is a bit of a moral stretch. Abortion arguments mean little because it demands nothing of the moralist, it is a fake cry, because you are not going to have to make the decision on whether and who will raise this child. It is too easy to preach about a potential child when a living one dies every few seconds. When I see the same people who protest abortion demanding food for all children, or supporting children here and across the world you will all cease being hypocrites, till then I will repeat this ad infinitum. When UNICEF doesn't know what to do as hunger and death have been cured then we can work on education to prevent tragic mistakes. How many who claim this pro life stance, reserve the same moral position for a war such as Iraq, or care about Darfur. And while it is easy to be moral over another, how many would take the girl into their house or support the child either in their home or financially. Abortion is the hypocrite's crutch nothing more.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

Boston Review — Judith Jarvis Thomson

Why is it a scare tactic? If you see nothing wrong with killing an unborn child then why would public opinion matter?

1. Date of abortion
3. Age of mother
5. Race of mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions

Oh I see how it is. You don't mind Government being involved in "takeover of people's lives" when it's something you agree with. Thanks for showing how much of a hypocrite you are. It is a scare tactic because these women would have reprisal in the form of harassment or worse for having a abortion in their communities. This is putting some women at risk and you know it.

As for the killing of an unborn child comment of yours. I won't even bother addressing that considering your dishonesty.

Last edited:
I'm on the right and I am anti-aboriton. My first thought when I read the OP was that I was opposed to the idea completely. Then I read the questions being asked and realized that the cry that those questions could be used to identify the mother were bogus.

What I want to know is why the left is so afraid of posting true statistics about abortion?

Without looking further into the bill, my one and only problem with this is the State of Oklahoma paying a quarter of a million dollars every year to maintain the database.

Immie

"Oklahoma REALLY doesn't want Women to have Abortions"

Read your own sources and the links therein and you might just not make too much of a fool of yourself with your over reactive, chicken little posts.
The lawsuit alleges that House Bill 1595 by Sen. Todd Lamb, R-Edmond, and Rep. Dan Sullivan, R-Tulsa, covers more than one subject and thus violates the Oklahoma Constitution.
[Emphasis added]

As the bill violates the OK Constitution, the woman's information is protected. :rolleyes:

Overreaction, Robert.

Here are the questions.

1. Date of abortion
3. Age of mother
5. Race of mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions​

The only two people who could deduce an identity from that are Sherlock Holmes and The Great Carnak.

Unfortunately, they are as much figments of the imagination as the concerns raised by Think Progress.

As the bill violates the OK Constitution, the woman's information is protected. :rolleyes:

That's the lawsuit, however the law as is:

On Nov. 1, a law in Oklahoma will go into effect that will collect personal details about every single abortion performed in the state and post them on a public website. Implementing the measure will “cost $281,285 the first year and $256,285 each subsequent year.” Here are the first eight questions that women will have to reveal:

Do you know what the term public website means? :eusa_eh:

Anything that prevents the killing of unborn babies, I'm in favor of. Short of killing abortion docotrs. They'll be judged by someone far greater than myself as will all those that murder the innocent.

The only two people who could deduce an identity from that are Sherlock Holmes and The Great Carnak.

Unfortunately, they are as much figments of the imagination as the concerns raised by Think Progress.

What you addressed was only one of my main problems. I still feel these women could be identified in small communities. My other main problem you failed to address is the Government intrusion into this. Do you agree with it?

That's the lawsuit, however the law as is:

On Nov. 1, a law in Oklahoma will go into effect that will collect personal details about every single abortion performed in the state and post them on a public website. Implementing the measure will “cost $281,285 the first year and $256,285 each subsequent year.” Here are the first eight questions that women will have to reveal:

Do you know what the term public website means? :eusa_eh:
:rolleyes: You are such a chicken little. It's unconstitutional with respect to the state's own constitution.

Change your diaper, now.

Anything that prevents the killing of unborn babies, I'm in favor of. Short of killing abortion docotrs. They'll be judged by someone far greater than myself as will all those that murder the innocent.

If for a moment I agree that Abortion is "killing unborn babies." Should I assume in that case you're against Abortion as well when Rape and Incest is involved? :eusa_eh:

:rolleyes: You are such a chicken little. It's unconstitutional with respect to the state's own constitution.

Change your diaper, now.

I agree, it is unconstitutional. However, it is still happening as of November 1st. You seem to not understand that. That and the fact it was passed despite it violating the OK Constitution.

Can you not read?

Overreaction, Robert.

Here are the questions.

1. Date of abortion
3. Age of mother
5. Race of mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions​

My guess is that the information would not even be posted as a single entry. Anyone looking up the information will find cummulative data about each county, not a line by line listing of every abortion performed.

Immie

Last edited:

1. Date of abortion
3. Age of mother
5. Race of mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions

Oh I see how it is. You don't mind Government being involved in "takeover of people's lives" when it's something you agree with. Thanks for showing how much of a hypocrite you are. It is a scare tactic because these women would have reprisal in the form of harassment or worse for having a abortion in their communities. This is putting some women at risk and you know it.

As for the killing of an unborn child comment of yours. I won't even bother addressing that considering your dishonesty.

I don't see this as "taking over people's lives" but rather helping to save the lives of innocent children.

Explain to me how this "takes over peoples lives"?

What risk is it placing on "some" women?

New Oklahoma Law Will Put Details Of All Abortions Online - Oklahoma abortion website - Jezebel

This article from that link also mentions some of the other things that this will ask:

The questionnaire also asks about the mother's reason for the abortion, her method of payment, and even what type of insurance she has, as well as whether the fetus received anaesthetic and whether there was "an infant born alive as a result of the abortion."

I fail to see how method of payment is relevant but maybe that's just me.

Forum List

Back