Oklahoma Personhood Measure Struck Down By Supreme Court

Basic math here. If somebody can't afford birth control - cmon ... think it through ... how can they afford a baby.

omg..so killing them is better..
what a sick society we have become

I'm sorry. I'm going to have to leave you hanging in the lurch here. You just keep repeating yourself.

no problem, I was done..I've heard your song and dance many times by others..
as I said, what a SICK society we have become...

Oklahoma Personhood Measure Struck Down By Supreme Court

The Oklahoma Supreme Court unanimously vetoed a ballot measure that would have given embryos full personhood rights on Monday, ruling it "clearly unconstitutional" because it would block a woman's legal right to have an abortion.

The personhood measure would give embryos the same legal rights as people from the moment of fertilization, which opponents say would ban abortion and complicate the legality of in vitro fertilization and many forms of birth control. Enacting such a law would violate the U.S. Supreme Court's 1992 decision in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, which allows states to pass some abortion restrictions but prevents them from overturning the constitutional right to end a pregnancy.

"The mandate of Casey is as binding on this Court today as it was twenty years ago," the Oklahoma Supreme Court wrote in its decision. "Initiative Petition No. 395 conflicts with Casey and is void on its face and it is hereby ordered stricken."

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:woohoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back