oklahoma is fucking nuts, give DRs legal rights to lie

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Oklahoma Passes Strict Abortion Law - The Daily Beast

The Oklahoma Legislature has voted to override two vetoes to pass two strict measures restricting abortion. One requires a doctor to set up an ultrasound in the woman’s room, show her the fetus, and describe its organs and limbs (there is no exemption for rape or incest). The other says doctors are not liable for malpractice if they elect to not tell a pregnant woman that the fetus she’s carrying has birth defects—the intent is to prevent parents from suing a doctor who hid the information to prevent an abortion.

cant wait for the supreme court to overrule these. how fucked up. telling a doctor to lie and withhold information from patients

The Oklahoma Legislature has voted to override two vetoes to pass two strict measures restricting abortion. One requires a doctor to set up an ultrasound in the woman’s room, show her the fetus, and describe its organs and limbs (there is no exemption for rape or incest). The other says doctors are not liable for malpractice if they elect to not tell a pregnant woman that the fetus she’s carrying has birth defects—the intent is to prevent parents from suing a doctor who hid the information to prevent an abortion.

cant wait for the supreme court to overrule these. how fucked up. telling a doctor to lie and withhold information from patients

The Supreme Court has no Constitutional Right to overrule it.

Not unless they;re part of the fascist rigemine currently fucking us over.

Next ...

I could understand the ultrasound, though I am not sure I agree with mandatory anything.

But lying? What the heck? I mean parents have the right to know if their child is healthy or not. Abortion shouldn't factor into it.

Okay. So if a patient that I'm treating is extremely hypertensive, and I don't feel like treating them for it, I'll just tell them that their blood pressure is 110/60. If a physician lies about something like that...AT THE VERY LEAST...their license should be placed on probation, or revoked. And I hope to see this, in the very near future. How DARE they do this.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I don't even understand why a physician would want to keep back information from their patients. I mean yeah they might have an abortion, but I thought their oath means something. You can't control what others do. But you have a duty to give them certain information.

Next ...

abortion is legal without all these preconditions, they are also allowing doctors to lie

More proof of just how evil the Republicans are.

Then I suppose Stalin's genocide is proof on how evil "progressives" are.

Oh go fuck off, prick.

Next ...

The showing the ultra-sound one is questionable, but the malpractice part will get shot down even by Scalia and Alito!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

And the Pro-Abortion Left, Unplanned Parenthood and the rest want IGNORANT Females Aborting their Babies...

Who's doing the Withholding of Information again?...

:)

peace...

I agree bluballs, this is a facist legislation!

And the Pro-Abortion Left, Unplanned Parenthood and the rest want IGNORANT Females Aborting their Babies...

Who's doing the Withholding of Information again?...

:)

peace...

lets avoid fallacies in this thread and focus on the particular law

figures the mods move this to law to avoid debate on it

Forum List

Back