Okla. set to execute inmate with substitute drug

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Okla. set to execute inmate with substitute drug - U.S. news - msnbc.com
By SEAN MURPHY
The Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY — A man on Oklahoma's death row for the 2001 slaying of his cellmate is believed to be the first U.S. inmate set to be executed using a sedative commonly used to euthanize animals.

Seems crazy doesn't it. Kinda cruel.

A nationwide shortage of sodium thiopental led Oklahoma to alter its three-drug cocktail.

Attorneys for Duty, 58, and two other death-row inmates challenged the state's decision to use pentobarbital, arguing during a November federal court hearing that it had not been done before in executions and could be inhumane.

Hmm, this new mix may not work right

Duty was convicted of the December 2001 slaying of 22-year-old Curtis Wise. At the time, Duty was serving three life sentences for rape, robbery and shooting with intent to kill, all dating to 1978.

A three time looser.

According to court records, Duty convinced Wise that he could get some cigarettes if Wise pretended to be his hostage so that Duty could be transferred into administrative segregation. Wise agreed to let Duty bind his hands behind his back. Duty then strangled him with a sheet, court records state.

Ouch. Seems kinda mean of him doesn't it?

Investigators said Duty penned a letter to Wise's mother, Mary Wise, writing, "Well by the time you get this letter you will already know that your son is dead. I know now because I just killed him an hour ago. Gee you'd think I'd be feeling some remorse but I'm not."

Here's hoping he dies screaming in agony and the poison slowly kills this useless pile of filth.

The DP is an appropriate punishment for this guy. I don't wish him pain and suffering... only that he dies.

Firing squads are good. Put the victims wife in there and give her a shotgun.

Here's hoping he dies screaming in agony and the poison slowly kills this useless pile of filth.

:doubt:

Hopefully this drug does its job without breaching the cruel and unusual punishment clause.

Forum List

Back