Okay why is obama a good president?

Yeah and who's gonna pay for it RW??

If I became president I will be part of the passong of a new law that will be known as Jarcare..

It will ensure that every household has no less than 2 cars, 4 tv's and at least one computer per person per household.

I wont have to worry about how it will be financed.....but it will be named after me....and that will mark me as a great president.

None of that is essential to survival though.

Food is essentrial for life.
So is clothing (in the colder climates)

Food costs the average American 2500 a year

Clothes cost the Average American 500 a year

Healthcare, on the average, costs each American less than 600 a year...

But for some reason, people wanted their catastrophioc insurance to cover those basic annual costs for mecdical care...and so the premiums skyrocketed

Simple solution....no longer include basic annual medical costs in the catastrophic insurance policy and make Americans do what they do for other essentails...pay for it...and the premiuums for catastrophic insurance will go down...and THEN we can address making sure all Americans can be covered in case of some catastrohic medical situation.

People lost sight of what health "insurance" was all about.

There are valid questions about its constitutionality.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about how it will be paid for.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions of how it will be implemented
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about how it will affect accessibility to medical care.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about whether or not it really will lower the cost of healthcare.

And yet...

There are folks like RW that are claiming that generations will thank him for it.

And there are folks like RW that are calling Obama a great president because of it.

Sure there are plenty of valid questions that you bring up. And again no one, that I know of, is saying this legislation is perfect or the end product. But down the road, when we look back, we will be able to say..."look how bad our health care system was" "but thankfully we turned the ship around under Obama" "we've come a long way from the legislation he passed, but at least it started the ball rolling".

I disagree...

Getrting the ball rolling is not a complete overhaul without knowing what the end result will be.

It is systematic and methodical implmentation of solutions to individual concerns...one at a time.

But Obama wanted the whole baby under his name...for good or bad...and he is tossing the dice that it will be successful....but at whos risk?

I realize it's only a small fraction of conservatives who are blatantly racist like Hot Wire and Rabbi, but does it ever embarrass the rest of you that these people are in your ranks?

lol,My Doctor is black you F ing moron,I HATE obama as a traitor not because
he is a halfbreed.

If I became president I will be part of the passong of a new law that will be known as Jarcare..

It will ensure that every household has no less than 2 cars, 4 tv's and at least one computer per person per household.

I wont have to worry about how it will be financed.....but it will be named after me....and that will mark me as a great president.

But for some reason, people wanted their catastrophioc insurance to cover those basic annual costs for mecdical care...and so the premiums skyrocketed

Simple solution....no longer include basic annual medical costs in the catastrophic insurance policy and make Americans do what they do for other essentails...pay for it...and the premiuums for catastrophic insurance will go down...and THEN we can address making sure all Americans can be covered in case of some catastrohic medical situation.

I wont disagree with that. Health insurance really intertwined itself in to the health care process which added dramatically to the costs. I would be in favor of some sort of plan that eliminated insurance from everything but catastrophic events while reducing the costs and putting the ownership of day to day maintenance in to the peoples hands. But that would be an even more radical change than what we have now. You think the current plan is flawed because of waivers being needed to allow time to implement, how long do you think it would take to overhaul the system to what you're suggesting? A LONG time.

There are valid questions about its constitutionality.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about how it will be paid for.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions of how it will be implemented
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about how it will affect accessibility to medical care.
There are valid BI PARTISAN questions about whether or not it really will lower the cost of healthcare.

And yet...

There are folks like RW that are claiming that generations will thank him for it.

And there are folks like RW that are calling Obama a great president because of it.

Sure there are plenty of valid questions that you bring up. And again no one, that I know of, is saying this legislation is perfect or the end product. But down the road, when we look back, we will be able to say..."look how bad our health care system was" "but thankfully we turned the ship around under Obama" "we've come a long way from the legislation he passed, but at least it started the ball rolling".

I disagree...

Getrting the ball rolling is not a complete overhaul without knowing what the end result will be.

It is systematic and methodical implmentation of solutions to individual concerns...one at a time.

But Obama wanted the whole baby under his name...for good or bad...and he is tossing the dice that it will be successful....but at whos risk?

There really are no "individual concerns" with our healthcare system, almost everything has some sort of dependency and cause and effect relationship with another piece of the system. It really is a complex mess.

I wont disagree with that. Health insurance really intertwined itself in to the health care process which added dramatically to the costs. I would be in favor of some sort of plan that eliminated insurance from everything but catastrophic events while reducing the costs and putting the ownership of day to day maintenance in to the peoples hands. But that would be an even more radical change than what we have now. You think the current plan is flawed because of waivers being needed to allow time to implement, how long do you think it would take to overhaul the system to what you're suggesting? A LONG time.

No...I think the waivers are one indication of the flaw. So is the debate about constitutionality...and the debate over effectiveness....as is the debate over accessibility, cost, etc....

And if ANY of those concerns prove to be true....we ar back to square one many years down the road.

Bringing me back to my "getting the ball rolling" post in this thread.

Obama wanted it all under his name...and he took a big risk.....but whos risk is it really?

I realize it's only a small fraction of conservatives who are blatantly racist like Hot Wire and Rabbi, but does it ever embarrass the rest of you that these people are in your ranks?

he is a halfbreed.

Maybe you should tell your doctor that "We don't need two afro american holidays". I'm sure he'll be impressed.

he is a halfbreed.

lol...even when you argue that you are not a racist....you say it in a way that says "I am a racist"

You need to cool off and come back some other time.

No...I think the waivers are one indication of the flaw. So is the debate about constitutionality...and the debate over effectiveness....as is the debate over accessibility, cost, etc....

And if ANY of those concerns prove to be true....we ar back to square one many years down the road.

Obama wanted it all under his name...and he took a big risk.....but whos risk is it really?

To me, the whole constitutionality argument is a cop out, but that's another debate. We are all at risk if we don't fix the healthcare system. But doing nothing or making minimal effort like what was proposed by the republicans certainly wasn't going to help the situation get better.

To me, the whole constitutionality argument is a cop out, but that's another debate. We are all at risk if we don't fix the healthcare system. But doing nothing or making minimal effort like what was proposed by the republicans certainly wasn't going to help the situation get better.

You aree the one who used the term getting the ball rolling.

That was what the GOP suggested. Yes, their ideas were small potatos...but they were easier to implement and easier to monitor opening the door to more iudeas as time gtoes on.

Obama wanted to take the ball, pick it up and put it at the bottom of the hill. And if it didnt work, so be it...back to square one....which means having to absorb the cost of the failure (metaphore...carrying the ball back up the hill) and having to start form square one again...time lost, money lost, nothing gained.

he is a halfbreed.

Maybe you should tell your doctor that "We don't need two afro american holidays". I'm sure he'll be impressed.

Thats right we dont,Washington and Lincoln have to share one.MLK was a nobody special to me.I just dont care about him.To bad liberals,You want to be politically correct,I dont.
I believe God created all of us,I dont need to kiss anybodies ass based on race like you do..

he is a halfbreed.

Thats right we dont,Washington and Lincoln have to share one.MLK was a nobody special to me.I just dont care about him.To bad liberals,You want to be politically correct,I dont.
I believe God created all of us,I dont need to kiss anybodies ass based on race like you do..

Yo fella...coming from a conservative...
God DID create us all equal. We were the ones who decided God was wrong....and even when we realized this, we STILL tried to prove that we were NOT all created equal.
MLK sort of woke us up.
It is not a black holiday...it is a holiday celbrating OUR awakening as it pertinas to equality.
If it means nothing to you, then you most certtainly are a racist.

Because he has turned the economy that Bush created (near depression) arround
lol,Prove it moron.I can prove the fascist pig obama bankrupted this nation.You are a total idiot.
I hope you never have children!

ok prove Obama was the one that bankrupt our country don't just run your big moth put or shut up .
lets see how stupid you really are .
you are a child. and prove the PRESIDENT is a fascist ,

Well to start with no-one has stated what he did to prevent it

I myself have only stated that his "never allowing a crises goto waste" went into full government growth in 2009
Bankrupt?
No, but our taxes will be going up to prevent it

God DID create us all equal. We were the ones who decided God was wrong....and even when we realized this, we STILL tried to prove that we were NOT all created equal.
MLK sort of woke us up.
It is not a black holiday...it is a holiday celbrating OUR awakening as it pertinas to equality.

lol,Only in your twisted liberal mind,The MLK holiday was to appease you liberals
and Afro Americans.It means NOTHING to me.And NO ,iam NOT a racist and dont care that you think i am.I will not worship any man.

You aree the one who used the term getting the ball rolling.

That was what the GOP suggested. Yes, their ideas were small potatos...but they were easier to implement and easier to monitor opening the door to more iudeas as time gtoes on.

Obama wanted to take the ball, pick it up and put it at the bottom of the hill. And if it didnt work, so be it...back to square one....which means having to absorb the cost of the failure (metaphore...carrying the ball back up the hill) and having to start form square one again...time lost, money lost, nothing gained.

But their solutions didnt fix too many of the immediate needs including the fact that people were being denied for preexisting conditions, dropped from the insurance when struck with a major illness and people going bankrupt from medical bills even when they do have insurance.

he is a halfbreed.

LOL, there's a difference between being politically correct, which I am definitely not, and being a decent human being, which apparently you are definitely not.

MLK sort of woke us up.

lol,Only in your twisted liberal mind,The MLK holiday was to appease you liberals
and Afro Americans.It means NOTHING to me.And NO ,iam NOT a racist and dont care that you think i am.I will not worship any man.

Jarhead - he thinks you're a liberal. LOL.

Forum List

Back