Okay why is obama a good president?

Because he has turned the economy that Bush created (near depression) arround

lol...2 1/2 years (or about a year longer than expected) and it is STILL not turned around.
You should pay more attention to the business news than you do to left wing blogs.

And please tell me...How did Bush (and not congress) destroy the economy and how did Obama (and not congress) turn it around?

For me, the verdict is still out. Did he help get our troops out of Iraq like I wanted? Yes. Unfortunately, he sent them directly to Afghanistan, which I perceive as a lost cause. He took part in shady backroom deals during the Healthcare overhaul debate, which he said he wouldn't do. He also caved to the GOP and the extreme right on said Healthcare legislation and we ended up with a watered down bill that doesn't do much for "the people". He spent money lobbing missiles into Lybia, which I feel is stupid and something we do not need to be involved in, nor can we afford. He caved to the GOP and extended the Bush era tax cuts, which I disagreed with.
However, overall, I approve of his actions/inactions in foreign plicy affairs (North Korea, Iran, Syria, etc). He is wanting to spend money on Americans for a change, as opposed to spending money either bombing the shit out of, or helping to build other countries. Again, the verdict is still out for me.

Status of Forces Agreement, 2008 - Wikisource
The time table for the Iraq war ending was a Bush event It was the timing, stupid.
Obama-care was passed on the premise that we will save 500 billion dollars on Medicare, right So?
Why do you think we need higher taxes? Who is "we"?
at least your honest about your feelings
Agreed.

Because he has turned the economy that Bush created (near depression) arround

I don't believe the POTUS has the authority, nor the power to "turn an economy around", nor do I believe the POTUS should be blamed for "destroying" one. Please tell me specifically, what Obama has done, by himself to turn our economy around.[/QUOT

If the economy has been turned around then Bushes tax cuts did it
the stimulus did not work and the turn around did not really begin until 2010, when the dems agreed to extend them
honestly except for tarp, the govt did not create this mess they could not fix either
this is why i feel the words never let a good crises go to waste will one day end Obama's president
Tarp stopped the crash
The housing market is in as bad of shape now as it was then

So....Bush coming out with a timetable after Obama had promised to implement one, and after McCain had stated that he didn't care if troops stayed in Iraq for 100 years or more, was coincidental?

You and I will never know what was going on with Bush and a timetable.
It wasn't the best idea to have one published so the terrorist could adjust.

Do you agree that Bush had made NO mention of a timetable prior to what I consider his giving McCain an "out" for his campaign, by implementing one?

Truthfully, I don't recall when the timetable for withdrawal came out, VaYank. I do know that it was mentioned that giving a timetable wasn't a in the best interest for us.
I will say that I was not impressed with us going to war with Iraq. We are getting now what I thought would happen....a mess. We broke it...and we have to fix it.

So tell me what idiot thought this mess would only take a year to fix?

lol...the use of the term "fix" shows how naive you are and not worthy of a debate on this.

The markets started to rebound, as expected, a looooong time ago.
Invariably, employment starts to increase subesequent to that.
In this case, it didnt.....but the markets continued to increase..

So you hero "fixed" nothing.,,,,,instead, his constant "anti business" and "tax the job creators" and "cap and trade" rhetoric gave the job creators reason to sit back and wait and see what happens

You and I will never know what was going on with Bush and a timetable.
It wasn't the best idea to have one published so the terrorist could adjust.

Do you agree that Bush had made NO mention of a timetable prior to what I consider his giving McCain an "out" for his campaign, by implementing one?

Truthfully, I don't recall when the timetable for withdrawal came out, VaYank. I do know that it was mentioned that giving a timetable wasn't a in the best interest for us.
I will say that I was not impressed with us going to war with Iraq. We are getting now what I thought would happen....a mess. We broke it...and we have to fix it.

Personally, we were in, and always had been in (since the invasion), an unwinnable predicament. I did not see the timetable as worsening that situation for us. In all honesty, I had hoped that the folks we were fighting against WOULD pullback until we got our troops out, but as history has shown, that simply did not happen. And I couldn't agree with you more. We created the mess, and our children's children will be paying to clean it up.

Jarhead, obviously....

wrong....

Never said it would be "fixed" in a year....so you have a serious reading comprehension issue.

Recessions usually last 6 months to 18 months until signs of unemployment decreasing.

This one took 2 1/2 years DESPITE the market increasing.

Enough said.

For me, the verdict is still out. Did he help get our troops out of Iraq like I wanted? Yes. Unfortunately, he sent them directly to Afghanistan, which I perceive as a lost cause. He took part in shady backroom deals during the Healthcare overhaul debate, which he said he wouldn't do. He also caved to the GOP and the extreme right on said Healthcare legislation and we ended up with a watered down bill that doesn't do much for "the people". He spent money lobbing missiles into Lybia, which I feel is stupid and something we do not need to be involved in, nor can we afford. He caved to the GOP and extended the Bush era tax cuts, which I disagreed with.
However, overall, I approve of his actions/inactions in foreign plicy affairs (North Korea, Iran, Syria, etc). He is wanting to spend money on Americans for a change, as opposed to spending money either bombing the shit out of, or helping to build other countries. Again, the verdict is still out for me.

Status of Forces Agreement, 2008 - Wikisource
The time table for the Iraq war ending was a Bush event It was the timing, stupid.
Obama-care was passed on the premise that we will save 500 billion dollars on Medicare, right So?
Why do you think we need higher taxes? Who is "we"?
at least your honest about your feelings
Agreed.

Stupid? I did not claim Obama made this happen, you did
So? your going to save 500 billion dollars on one system we use to provide health-care for people in this country to pay for a system that will provide health care for people in this country
Ok
We? the american citizen
no matter what you think, you pay taxes in this country

As flawed as it is, he did start the ball rolling with getting our healthcare system headed back in the right direction. It has a LONG way to go but just the fact that he was the president that actually started the ball rolling is huge. I give him credit for that.

How long before the Libertard panty droppers for Obama suggest a Constituitonal Ammendment to allow a President to serve more than two consecutive terms?

Any one want to try and fill that bill?

simple .

he's not a republican .

look what they did , reagan's piss on you economics , George H and danny qoal ,
break , clinton repairs economy , george w , trillion dollar deficit , economy headed over the cliff as W said , plus invade a sovereign country for no reason at all .

spend billion a week on an unjust war .

Obama is not a republican and that makes him great alone . saving our country from republican economic crash , take the bully out of American foreign relations .

what more do you want ?

As flawed as it is, he did start the ball rolling with getting our healthcare system headed back in the right direction. It has a LONG way to go but just the fact that he was the president that actually started the ball rolling is huge. I give him credit for that.

The fact that his administration is handing out exemptions to the law speaks volumes. He signed into law something that he knows is flawed and as opposed to fixing it, he is letting it run its course....and let it fail before he fixes it.

Something is seriously wrong with that kind of approach.

Personally, we were in, and always had been in (since the invasion), an unwinnable predicament. I did not see the timetable as worsening that situation for us. In all honesty, I had hoped that the folks we were fighting against WOULD pullback until we got our troops out, but as history has shown, that simply did not happen. And I couldn't agree with you more. We created the mess, and our children's children will be paying to clean it up.

what are you talking about?
Iraq has elections for the first time in 50 years
what do you mean "it did not happen"
the Iraqi Govt is fighting those people now
We are thru paying for it now
Where did you get all of this crap?

the failed stimulus cost as much as this war did
Stimulus Bill Cost More than Iraq War | Radocracy

Jarhead, obviously....

wrong....

Never said it would be "fixed" in a year....so you have a serious reading comprehension issue.

Recessions usually last 6 months to 18 months until signs of unemployment decreasing.

This one took 2 1/2 years DESPITE the market increasing.

Enough said.

Then why did you say it was expected to end in less than 21/2 years?

I know NO ONE in the economics field who though this was a NORMAL recession.

Without the moves Obama made this would have been a depression.

simple .

he's not a republican .

break , clinton repairs economy , george w , trillion dollar deficit , economy headed over the cliff as W said , plus invade a sovereign country for no reason at all .

Obama is not a republican and that makes him great alone . saving our country from republican economic crash , take the bully out of American foreign relations .

what more do you want ?
WHAT?

Geeeze, things are really rosie these days aren't they?
When are they going to raise the debt ceiling...or shut down government?

What a partisan post, sinister. :lol:

simple .

he's not a republican .

what more do you want ?

Why Obama is a good president
thats all
take the bully out did he?
US Killed 700 Civilians in Pakistan Drone Strikes in 2009 -- News from Antiwar.com
really?

How long before the Libertard panty droppers for Obama suggest a Constituitonal Ammendment to allow a President to serve more than two consecutive terms?

Remember how the right was talking about changing the law so Arnold could run?

Then they made up complete lies about Obama not being born here.

Forum List

Back