Okay to Blame Obama..?

I don't know if anyones noticed but things aren't going so well in this country.

I'd go through the list but I wouldn't want to jump the gun..

My question is.. When can we officially start blaming Obama and the Democrats for the state of the nation..?

(((I'm particularly interested in hearing from Democrat voters)))

You were free to blame him from day one..

However, if you want to look at historical context, you have to look at the whole picture. What was he given? And what did he do with what he was given?

That is what the election of 2012 will hinge on....Are you better off than you were four years ago?

For most things 1/20/2009, the end of an error. Fiscally I'd mostly put it with the 2010 federal budget beginning in October 2009, since his spending amounted to something like 4¢ out of a dollar in the 2009 budget.

That is what the election of 2012 will hinge on....Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Considering that unemployment will most likely be at 9% of higher at that time, it's a good bet that a lot of people won't feel better off than they were in 2008.

I don't know if anyones noticed but things aren't going so well in this country.

My question is.. When can we officially start blaming Obama and the Democrats for the state of the nation..?

You can start blaming him whenever you like. The important thing about when you do, is that you have legitimate, substantial criticism that can hold up under scrutiny on why he and the Democrats are to blame.

Hey.......I think its safe to say at this point that as the approval numbers creep closer and closer to 40%, the ownership of this whole mess falls squarely on the shoulders of this president. And now there's a new dynamic..........the incompetence issue, clearly seen by conservatives in this country way back in the summer of 2008, is now a real issue for the political center and even moderate Dems.

The k00ks will still toss up the crap about the country not going far left enough but reasonable folks realize thats a crock of sh!t, only uttered in Marxist loon media outlets like MSNBC.................which nobody watches by the way!!!

Nope...........the down escalator for this guy is as real as it gets. He needs a new war at this point............and you know what..............its very likely he's going to get it.

Has anyone noticed how all of the problems we had when Obama took over have accelerated?

The deficit has tripled....the dept has gone up 40%, unemployment has doubled, we have more enemies today then we had under Bush, less voters trust the government then ever before.

I can't see how Obama can say he's done anything to help the situation.

The deficit has tripled.......Not even close
the dept has gone up 40%....Math was not your best subject $11 trillion to $13 trillion is 18 percent
unemployment has doubled......Math really isn't your best subject, 7.8% to 9.7% is a 24% increase not 100%
we have more enemies today then we had under Bush....international polls show the support of the US is up after all time lows under Bush
less voters trust the government then ever before. ....translation, conseratives are pissed off because they are no longer calling the shots

The massive economic downturn in our economy began when the Democrats took control of Congress four years ago. Things have only gotten worse. They even had a Super Majority at one point. It is absolutely appropriate to blame the Democrats for this horrible mess we find ourselves in. Hey that's just my opinion anyway.

You were free to blame him from day one..

However, if you want to look at historical context, you have to look at the whole picture. What was he given? And what did he do with what he was given?

Right now absolutely not.

In a couple of years I expect things to be even worse.....and also does most businesses.

Last edited:
The massive economic downturn in our economy began when the Democrats took control of Congress four years ago. Things have only gotten worse. They even had a Super Majority at one point. It is absolutely appropriate to blame the Democrats for this horrible mess we find ourselves in. Hey that's just my opinion anyway.

The massive downturn is part of a boom and bust cycle driven by the formation of the Federal Reserve, the 16th Amendment, the New Deal, and the drive towards Big Government management of the economy. There are so many structural problems that it really is a bipartisan abomination.

It's difficult, you say... difficult in what way?

The mess in Iraq for instance. I think we should have brought our troops home years ago. However, he inherited the mess that Dubya and Dick left him. I can't blame Obama outright that he hasn't expedited our troops' return.

We agree....:wtf:

I suggest you delete that post or at least edit it...

Trust me, agreeing with VaYank can be hazardous to your reputation... I've been there... I know. :lol:

edit: no, I don't me rep total as in the rep on the site. I mean personal rep.

Immie

Last edited:
What do you mean START? Obama haters started days before he was even sworn in?:cuckoo:

When do you think it should have started or should start?

It depends. I have blamed Obama for the complete failure of the healthcare "legislation" as he did not inherit that. It is difficult to blame Obama outright for things he had no hand in starting.

No one's blaming him for starting anything...he's being blamed for not fixing the problems we have...like he promised the electorate he would....and having the world's worst environmental disaster EVER happen on your watch isn't helping matters either....especially since you blamed the whole "lack" of a response to Katrina on your predecessor and now you DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!

When do you think it should have started or should start?

It depends. I have blamed Obama for the complete failure of the healthcare "legislation" as he did not inherit that. It is difficult to blame Obama outright for things he had no hand in starting.

No one's blaming him for starting anything...he's being blamed for not fixing the problems we have...like he promised the electorate he would....and having the world's worst environmental disaster EVER happen on your watch isn't helping matters either....especially since you blamed the whole "lack" of a response to Katrina on your predecessor and now you DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!

Yes this President was amongst the most vocal in blaming Bush & Republicans for Hurricanes and everything else. Yet now we see him blaming everyone else for his shocking incompetence. The Democrats have been in control for the last four years and things have only gotten much worse. They have completely sunk many future generations. So H*ll Yea it's ok to blame Obama & Democrats!

Last edited:
He also claimed when Hurricane Gustav was underway during the 2008 campaign, that his management of his campaign indicated that he would act quickly to handle a disaster.

He also claimed when Hurricane Gustav was underway during the 2008 campaign, that his management of his campaign indicated that he would act quickly to handle a disaster.

Wow,pretty shocking stuff. It makes you wanna laugh but this terrible oil spill calamity and his shocking incompetence just isn't funny. You end up crying instead.

It does. But we were forewarned. When someone thinks that campaigning is actually managing, then it's pretty clear what he will do when faced with a crisis: go into campaign mode. That's been Obama's response: meetings, photo-ops, investigations, and blame.

I blame Obama...

For passing the first comprehensive healthcare plan in 100 years
For pulling the country out of recession
For realizing the war on terrorism is not in Iraq it is in Afghanistan
For working out a nuclear weapons reduction agreement
For saving the banks and auto companies

God damn Obama....who does he think he is?

I blame Obama...

A health care plan that was both unconstitutional, and insanely expensive
Economists agree that we are not even close to out of a recession
Weren't we already IN Afghanistan?
Reagan did that way back in the 80s the difference was he wasn't stupid enough to tell our enemies under what conditions we would use ours
That was BOOOSH
God damn Obama....who does he think he is?

Quote: Originally Posted by rightwinger
I blame Obama...

A health care plan that was both unconstitutional, and insanely expensive

The supreme court decides on constitutionality not message board posters

Economists agree that we are not even close to out of a recession
Economists agree that three successive quarters of positive GDP growth signal the end of a recession

Weren't we already IN Afghanistan?

The former president we are not allowed to mention pulled troops from Afghanistan to fight in Iraq. By doing so he allowed the Taliban to recapture much of the territory we fought so hard to gain.

Reagan did that way back in the 80s the difference was he wasn't stupid enough to tell our enemies under what conditions we would use ours

Obama pased the most comprehensive reduction since Reagan

Quote:
That was BOOOSH

Never heard of the guy

well the libturds here at first asked us to give him from Jan. 20th to Sept. 11.. same time President Bush had. They have since extended it to the year of our lord 3033. TIA.:eusa_shhh:

The Clock actually started running during the Wilson years...more pronounced from *2006* on...After a Year in office? I'd say Obama has assumed the role and may cease blaming...

Fact is? What is he doing but making it worse? But when does the *TRAINING PERIOD* for POTUS Begin and END??

It's a very good question.

Forum List

Back