Okay, this is weird

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Here on this site and a couple of other boards I frequent the lettering looks "broken" until I run my curser over it. Happens with every page and every refresh. :dunno:

can you provide a better description?

Kinda hard to do..... I'll try

The best way I can describe it is all the letters have a blocky, almost military typeset look until I run my curser over it, then it shows up as the font I'm actually using.
The change only occurs on clickable links, the rest stays blocky.
The odd thing is it's not consistent.

Nothing eh? I'm assuming it's browser and/or forum software related. Any ideas?
It's a long shot, but check and see if your "Turn on ClearType" option has somehow been deselected.

On Windows 7 it's located under Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Fonts/Adjust ClearType text

Here on this site and a couple of other boards I frequent the lettering looks "broken" until I run my curser over it. Happens with every page and every refresh. :dunno:

What medications have you taken today :eek:

You might want to reinstall the video driver. This may be bitmap rendering displacement and this is usually a video memory error or possibly a system memory error.

What model and make is your computer?

You might want to reinstall the video driver. This may be bitmap rendering displacement and this is usually a video memory error or possibly a system memory error.

Just found the solution about ten minutes ago. Had to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox. :thup:

Last edited:
Started happening again, checked the setting and hardware accelerator had been reactivated....... ????

Just found the solution about ten minutes ago. Had to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox. :thup:

That causes a lot of weird problems.

Forum List

Back