Okay, perhaps you were right.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
While I think it is a reflection upon the principles of a public figure such as Hillary Clinton to claim they are for the middle class and the poor, to not even show it in their behavior such as tipping in a restaurant, something dawned on me. That time Obama had a fully decorated Marine hold an umbrella for him during an address at the rose garden? I thought it was a petty issue, though it did come off as being disrespectful to our military personnel, there were bigger issues at hand. Or that time Obama put his feet up on the Resolute Desk? Once again, there were bigger issues at hand.

There are small things our political opponents do that catch our ire, but have no real bearing on what is driving the debate at that time. So, I will admit that not tipping at a restaurant isn't the worst thing Hillary Clinton has done. She has done far worse. And I am wrong, and it would be wrong to make a mountain out of a molehill. Yes, she is worth $55 million, but as Grampa Murked U pointed out to me, she still has the right to do with her money as she wants.

I realize I did something in a prior thread that I thought would have been petty otherwise. Lets stop making issues out of small gaffes and focus on the things that really matter. Like a platform, or a position. None of which I believe she has.

Last edited:
While I think it is a reflection upon the principles of a public figure such as Hillary Clinton to claim they are for the middle class and the poor, to not even show it in their behavior such as tipping in a restaurant...

:cuckoo: some poor people tip well and some poor people are lousy tippers.

some wealthy people tip well and --- yup --- you guessed it, some are lousy tippers

Tipping is not a barometer of CONCERN for the poor or the middle class

next

While I think it is a reflection upon the principles of a public figure such as Hillary Clinton to claim they are for the middle class and the poor, to not even show it in their behavior such as tipping in a restaurant, something dawned on me. That time Obama had a fully decorated Marine hold an umbrella for him during an address at the rose garden? I thought it was a petty issue, though it did come off as being disrespectful to our military personnel, there were bigger issues at hand. Or that time Obama put his feet up on the Resolute Desk? Once again, there were bigger issues at hand.

There are small things our political opponents do that catch our ire, but have no real bearing on what is driving the debate at that time. So, I will admit that not tipping at a restaurant isn't the worst thing Hillary Clinton has done. She has done far worse. And I am wrong, and it would be wrong to make a mountain out of a molehill. Yes, she is worth $55 million, but as Grampa Murked U pointed out to me, she still has the right to do with her money as she wants.

Lets stop making issues out of small gaffes and focus on the things that really matter. Like a platform, or a position. None of which I believe she has.
your other examples are unworthy of serious debate and make your attempt here as unworthy

sorry

The small things are little clues as to who the person really is. I think the everyday things tell a lot about a person. My favorite quote, and don't know who first said it, is that if you are nice to me, but not nice to the waitress, you're not a nice person.

Point being that the little things Hillary does and says demonstrate that she knows nothing about what the average person puts up with. And when she claims otherwise, it makes her a liar. And we don't need any more liars. We know she lied about some important things. It would be crazy to trust a damn thing she says because we've seen how good she is at lying.

No one is perfect, but when it comes to electing leaders, integrity matters. So does ideology. To me, it wouldn't matter if Hillary was the nicest person in the country, her political views are just too radical for me and no way will I vote for her. I feel that way about liberals in general.

I don't believe that genuinely nice people would do the things that Hillary and Obama have done. Watch the little things and you'll know how they will handle the big things.

If you find yourself issuing mea culpa after mea culpa.......and not learning a fucking thing......you might want to reconsider making declarations of any kind.

Unlike you, I don't have my head so firmly entrenched in my backside that I have to insist on my being right even after being proven wrong. A quality lost on liberals such as yourself is the ability to admit when you're wrong. Ever try it?

Actually normal people call it honesty. I wish more people could admit they are wrong sometimes, but liberals need not be honest, they show their true selves each and every time the post on a thread!

If you find yourself issuing mea culpa after mea culpa.......and not learning a fucking thing......you might want to reconsider making declarations of any kind.

Unlike you, I don't have my head so firmly entrenched in my backside that I have to insist on my being right even after being proven wrong. A quality lost on liberals such as yourself is the ability to admit when you're wrong. Ever try it?

Sure.

You spend HOURS being wrong here. The fact that you finally relent after posting hundreds of times insisting that you are right....doesn't earn you any maturity points. You'll get what you sought with this thread. A person or two will stop in and tell you how wonderful you are for manning up to your mistakes. Even your apologies have desperate motives. You reek of desperation.

You would earn some points if you'd stop making those weird connections as you search for ways to find fault in others.....in the first place.

Your next mea culpa should be one in which you apologize to every American who accepts public assistance. Only....do it somewhere else. You've reached your empty apology limit here.

Actually normal people call it honesty. I wish more people could admit they are wrong sometimes, but liberals need not be honest, they show their true selves each and every time the post on a thread!

Now you are being dishonest because you are making a generalization that isn't true for everyone who is a liberal. It would be just as dishonest to generalize that all conservatives can never admit that they are wrong and yet you have done so.

Forum List

Back