Okay, need help with folders. . . .

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Whenever I have a major computer problem, I call the 10-year-old neighbor over to fix it. He usually can.

But even he can't figure out how to get my subscriptions into different folders.

I've been here long enough and am subscribed to enough threads that it is becoming a problem to find an old thread and I would like to organize them into folders.

I figured out how to make the folders.

But how do I now get my subscriptions into them?

Anyone?

Whenever I have a major computer problem, I call the 10-year-old neighbor over to fix it. He usually can.

But even he can't figure out how to get my subscriptions into different folders.

I've been here long enough and am subscribed to enough threads that it is becoming a problem to find an old thread and I would like to organize them into folders.

Anyone?

Word document for each folder. Copy and paste the thread links.

Anyone?

Word document for each folder. Copy and paste the thread links.

Yeah I thought about that. I was hoping there was some automatic way to do it here in the forum though.

I mean what purpose is there in having the folders if there is no way to put your subscriptions into them?

Last edited:
Go to Subscribed Threads

Check the blank box to the far right of the thread in question.

Scroll to the bottom and click on Go (the drop down menu should say move to folder)

On the next screen click the appropriate folder and Viola!

Go to Subscribed Threads

Scroll to the bottom and click on Go (the drop down menu should say move to folder)

That did it! Thanks Ravi. Much appreciated. (Though it's gonna take a LONG time to sort over 700 subscribed threads. :))

You're welcome...I couldn't resist looking smarter than a ten year old. :lol:

LOL. No doubt about it, you're a class act, Ravi. :)

(believe me it is frustrating to have to depend on a 10-year-old to be my computer geek.)

Last edited:
Go to Subscribed Threads

That did it! Thanks Ravi. Much appreciated. (Though it's gonna take a LONG time to sort over 700 subscribed threads. :))

Just curious, but why do you want to? I thought I needed to save a lot of political information too, so several years ago I started copying everything to disk, created these neat little approprately labeled files with subfiles. I think I've referred back to those maybe a half-dozen times. The pretty boxes make great paperweights tho!

Every now and then I want to refer back to an old inactive thread and don't want to have to plow through several hundred trying to find it.

Pile-771824m_2.gif

Forum List

Back