Okay.... maybe I've changed my stance on Abortion

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Why?

Those who practice abortion are removing their own power and influence in the political process! :D:D:D:D:D

-Cp said:
Why?

Those who practice abortion are removing their own power and influence in the political process! :D:D:D:D:D

I know you are joking here but you're right.

I don't think it breaks down on right/left lines. Nevertheless birth control has completely disrupted the balance of reproduction. Lower classes and educational backgrounds don't bother to use birth control and don't mind having children out of wedlock. Frequently intelligent people use birth control to avoid having children until after they are educated or established in their careers. By extension abortion is not exactly the same problem, but it's related.

Smart people have less children than before the pill became available and dumb people have as many. What does this do to the balance of society? It's one of the best arguments against birth control and abortion.

:wine:

nucular said:
I know you are joking here but you're right.

I don't think it breaks down on right/left lines. Nevertheless birth control has completely disrupted the balance of reproduction. Lower classes and educational backgrounds don't bother to use birth control and don't mind having children out of wedlock. Frequently intelligent people use birth control to avoid having children until after they are educated or established in their careers. By extension abortion is not exactly the same problem, but it's related.

Smart people have less children than before the pill became available and dumb people have as many. What does this do to the balance of society? It's one of the best arguments against birth control and abortion.

:wine:

I'm not sure where you're getting your data from - but I know many "smart people" who are "well-off" financially that have a "lot" of kids... then again, how do you define "many kids"?

-Cp said:
I'm not sure where you're getting your data from - but I know many "smart people" who are "well-off" financially that have a "lot" of kids... then again, how do you define "many kids"?

I'm not saying it's a rule. I'm applying my theory universally according to my own observations. There are certainly a lot of smart people having children and more power to them. But if you look at this country alone which groups are reproducing most, and which least? It's scary. Then look at other countries and it's more dramatic. If you look at the statistics about birth rate the industrialized, educated countries simply have less children than the third world countries. This causes a lot of problems on a global scale.

Forum List

Back