Okay folks! Which cup holds the ACORN?

Can anyone give me a link to where ACORN has been convicted of breaking any laws? :confused:

Tell me what exactly ACORN did that makes you hate it????

Getting poor people voting?

Thats easy.

VOTER FRAUD and explaining to folks how to set up their bordellos and fool Uncle Sam on the tax end. That woudl be VOTE REGISTRATION FRAUD

ACORN. What a great bunch of humanitarians.

Lets get those poor folks registered to vote. If you can't get a name, well Mickey Mouse, Robin Hood, Batman, Superman. Hey anything will do. Its just a name right??

Thats why they are under investigation across the country TM. Get real.

Last edited:

Yeah Mary poppins and Mickey Mouse are soooooooooo poor. That's just some of the people ACORN tried to register in Ohio.

Give me a break.

To be factually accurate.... ACORN are accused of 'voter registration fraud', not 'voter fraud'. They are two different things. There is no evidence of voter fraud, there is substantial evidence in a variety of states of voter registration fraud. My issue with voter registration fraud - for those who think it's fine and dandy as long as the fraudulent registrations did not actually vote - is that it is taxpayers money that funds voter registration. Therefore, if they have fraudulently registered voters, they have defrauded the US taxpayer. That may be fine to those who don't pay taxes, but for those of us that do, it's a big issue.

No it's voter fraud, because of provisional ballots. IF they can't find your registration, you can vote provisional ballot and they try to find your registration later. If they can't find it, it's supposed to be thrown away. But then Democrat Brunner made it even worse:

The Athens Post in Ohio is reporting this morning:

Brunner enables, rather than investigates fraud

Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), for which presidential candidate Barack Obama worked as a “community organizer,” is being investigated by the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, ACORN workers “often handed in the same name on a number of voter registration cards, but showing that person living at different addresses.” ACORN also turned in registrations that “showed a number of people living at an address that turned out to be a restaurant.” Eleven voting investigations against ACORN are going on across the nation. Recently, in Nevada, ACORN was busted for turning in fraudulent registrations, including “the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys.”​
ACORN has a long history of voter fraud in the State.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported, 10/23/04:

Cuyahoga County election officials are investigating more than a thousand possible fraudulent voter registrations - including one for Jive Turkey Sr. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported Friday that the name is one in a string of fake names on new voter rolls. Others include Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and Michael Jordan in Defiance County.

Then exact intent was to flood the vote with phony registrations and phony votes in multiple counties knowing the workers couldn't keep up to keep the vote honest.

That was the exact intent of ACORN's phony registrations and that's why they kept doing it EVER election.

Good riddance to them, and I will be vigilant as to what form they will next take.

Can anyone give me a link to where ACORN has been convicted of breaking any laws? :confused:

You the sort of person who's comfortable letting bank robbers into banks up until conviction? Maybe you think letting sexual predators visit schools is just fine until they have to go to jail?

Yeah Mary poppins and Mickey Mouse are soooooooooo poor. That's just some of the people ACORN tried to register in Ohio.

Give me a break.

To be factually accurate.... ACORN are accused of 'voter registration fraud', not 'voter fraud'. They are two different things. There is no evidence of voter fraud, there is substantial evidence in a variety of states of voter registration fraud. My issue with voter registration fraud - for those who think it's fine and dandy as long as the fraudulent registrations did not actually vote - is that it is taxpayers money that funds voter registration. Therefore, if they have fraudulently registered voters, they have defrauded the US taxpayer. That may be fine to those who don't pay taxes, but for those of us that do, it's a big issue.

No it's voter fraud, because of provisional ballots. IF they can't find your registration, you can vote provisional ballot and they try to find your registration later. If they can't find it, it's supposed to be thrown away. But then Democrat Brunner made it even worse:

The Athens Post in Ohio is reporting this morning:

Brunner enables, rather than investigates fraud

Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), for which presidential candidate Barack Obama worked as a “community organizer,” is being investigated by the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, ACORN workers “often handed in the same name on a number of voter registration cards, but showing that person living at different addresses.” ACORN also turned in registrations that “showed a number of people living at an address that turned out to be a restaurant.” Eleven voting investigations against ACORN are going on across the nation. Recently, in Nevada, ACORN was busted for turning in fraudulent registrations, including “the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys.”​
ACORN has a long history of voter fraud in the State.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported, 10/23/04:

Cuyahoga County election officials are investigating more than a thousand possible fraudulent voter registrations - including one for Jive Turkey Sr. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported Friday that the name is one in a string of fake names on new voter rolls. Others include Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and Michael Jordan in Defiance County.

Then exact intent was to flood the vote with phony registrations and phony votes in multiple counties knowing the workers couldn't keep up to keep the vote honest.

That was the exact intent of ACORN's phony registrations and that's why they kept doing it EVER election.

Good riddance to them, and I will be vigilant as to what form they will next take.

Oops. In that case, on the face of it, it appears to be voter fraud. That's bad.

When you can't defend your own, try to change the subject. :lol: Someone has Bush derangement syndrome, I see.

BTW, nothing illegal in what Bush did. Clinton got rid of 96 of his attorneys. Those attorneys serve at the pleasure of the president, and they can be fired as he so see's fit.

Nice try, but the reason he got rid of them, is they were dragging their feet on doing something about voter fraud as entailed here:

Libertarian Republican: Ohio Election Fraud: Jive Turkey, Mary Poppins & Dick Tracy registered voters?

Bullshit and your link doesnt work

Every voter fraud investigation has shown this produced NO false votes.

Give me a break.

What does a person trying to register under a cartoon character name have to do with Acorn?

Those are some of the "people" that ACORN registered as "voters" in Cleveland. Those are the most egregious examples, but ACORN registers people that do not exist every election. That's why they were finally shut down.

The DOJ scandal WAS the subject of this ACORN media press.

They FIRED DOJ lawyers for NOT prosicuting trumped up charges against ACORN right before the 2004 election.

THE ARE THE SAME STORY!

Also.

Don't those collecting the false voter info get payed with taxpayer money as well??

So what your saying is, ACORN is very successful at commiting voter fraud and not getting caught. It would take a person like yourself to believe ACORN goes to all the trouble of getting people fraudulently signed up to vote and encouraging people to vote, except for the ones they faked.

There is nothing wrong with my link, I just tried it. It might be your internet.

And if no false votes were produced. Explain why ACORN was forced to cease operation?

:lol:

The DOJ scandal WAS the subject of this ACORN media press.

They FIRED DOJ lawyers for NOT prosicuting trumped up charges against ACORN right before the 2004 election.

THE ARE THE SAME STORY!

:rofl:

Yeah "trumped up charges" against ACORN. That explains why they are folding in how many states now? Because they are honest as the wind driven snow. You keep living in that fantasy land.

:rofl:

You the sort of person who's comfortable letting bank robbers into banks up until conviction? Maybe you think letting sexual predators visit schools is just fine until they have to go to jail?

We have a thing called innocent before proven guilty in this country. The fact you call yourself saveliberty but are willing to violate one of our oldest's principles in order to score political points is sad. I'll ask that you reconsider such foolish ignorance.

Last edited:
Iglesias: "I'm Astounded" By DOJ's ACORN Probe | TPMMuckraker

David Iglesias says he's shocked by the news, leaked today to the Associated Press, that the FBI is pursuing a voter-fraud investigation into ACORN just weeks before the election.

"I'm astounded that this issue is being trotted out again," Iglesias told TPMmuckraker. "Based on what I saw in 2004 and 2006, it's a scare tactic." In 2006, Iglesias was fired as U.S. attorney thanks partly to his reluctance to pursue voter-fraud cases as aggressively as DOJ wanted -- one of several U.S. attorneys fired for inappropriate political reasons, according to a recently released report by DOJ's Office of the Inspector General.

Iglesias, who has been the most outspoken of the fired U.S. attorneys, went on to say that the FBI's investigation seemed designed to inappropriately create a "boogeyman" out of voter fraud.

Forum List

Back