Ok

K

KagomJack

When the world was young, a young man named Hashim Nak Dwald travelled the seas. He was a well known merchant and very much loved thespian. He was also known for his swordsmanship. One day, he fell prey to bandits and they took all his goods. Knowing the problems he was in, he decided to try to work something out.... TO Be CONTINUED

That's it???? :D

Welcome to the board! :) keep them coming!

So young Hashim offered the bandits some land. But they refused it and said "These goods are worth more than land" So he than said "I offer my family and daughter to you" But yet again, the bandits said 'No, these goods can bring us many wives and men's daughters" Hashim chuckled. "Refuse what you wish, but please don't kill me." The bandits began to laugh. Hashim had them where he wanted. "What if I told you some jokes, in exchange for my freedom?" The bandits decided they had nothing to lose with that. "Fine" said the leader. After telling a good joke, the entire band of bandits were in stitches, laughing up a storm. That's when Hashim whistled and out came hundreds of men, they than killed the bandits. But, one bandit lived and after the men disappeared, he asked Hashim "Are you a god?" "No" replied Hashim, "I'm a mere man who is faithful to my religion. They came to me because I am the only man in this country who is a follower of Buddha." The bandit cried and asked to be forgived and asked Hashim to make him a copy of the Lotus Sutra so he may be saved. Hashim did this and the bandit began to follow him around. This is the story of Hashim, the only Arabic Buddhist in this mysterious and illuminous time period.

I'm not Buddhist, but I just took a Japanese story and edited a little and made it very much shorter.

Thanks for sharing, Jack!

There's a lot more to this board than "war talk". I hope you'll continue to post and maybe contribute in other areas as well.

:)

That reminds me of another story I heard recently...

Three skunks walk into the grocery store. There's the Momma skunk, and her two sons, In and Out. The Momma finishes shopping and exits the store, only to find that only her son Out is with her. She sends him back in to find his brother and the two return very very quickly.

"Out" the mother said, "how were you able to find your brother so fast?"

"In stinks" he replied.

And that, friends, is the story of how Muslim spread across the Middle East.:p

Forum List

Back