OK what to do

mnbasketball

Mar 4, 2011
Now if we just cut taxes and and move towards eliminating Medicare,, medicaid and SS or at least making them less helpful to the people who need them the most, what do we do with all those people, move them back into the kids homes, expect the kids to once again take care of parents to the demise of their own futures and force seniors and families to spend all their future in order to stay around.

Not to mention that the cutting of taxes by the feds and being followed by states is going to transfer more onto the small city governments as they provide less.

I can see only one group that will profit from this happening, only one group that will be able to live with this type of system and prosper.

Now if we just cut taxes and and move towards eliminating Medicare,, medicaid and SS or at least making them less helpful to the people who need them the most, what do we do with all those people, move them back into the kids homes, expect the kids to once again take care of parents to the demise of their own futures and force seniors and families to spend all their future in order to stay around.

Not to mention that the cutting of taxes by the feds and being followed by states is going to transfer more onto the small city governments as they provide less.

I can see only one group that will profit from this happening, only one group that will be able to live with this type of system and prosper.
You're a real Dim-bulb aren't ya?
:cuckoo:

Who, exactly, has mentioned eliminating any of the programs you bring up?

And what the fuck is so wrong with us caring for our parents? Why is that such an inconvenience?
:evil:

Congressional Record - Google Books

Why don't you ask them what they want? The reason these programs were put into place was to give our parents the dignity to be able to support themselves. I can tell you right now that I never want to put that cost back onto my kids.

And what makes me think that it is being eliminated, is because to change it in the direction the republicans are moving will force people to choose what they will have, a home and food or paying for health care and medicine. Just take a look at what Bush's prescription drug bill and see what it has done.

The only people who benefit under republicans are those with unlimited money supply. The start of change is the start of elimination as we know it now.

And what the fuck is so wrong with us caring for our parents? Why is that such an inconvenience?

I can only surmise that you haven't been paying attention.

More fear mongering and lies from the left.

Okay Steven, you explain how converting medicare to a fixed amount voucher isn't destroying health care for the elderly.

Because it includes means testing.
And it doesn't apply to those over 55 so this lie about the elderly sufering is just typical BS
Same thing the left did over privatizing SS. I keep hearing from the left how we paid into SS yet they refuse to let us invest it ourselves.

I can only surmise that you haven't been paying attention.

I've heard of cuts. Who has suggested elimination?

Why don't you ask them what they want? The reason these programs were put into place was to give our parents the dignity to be able to support themselves. I can tell you right now that I never want to put that cost back onto my kids.

And what makes me think that it is being eliminated, is because to change it in the direction the republicans are moving will force people to choose what they will have, a home and food or paying for health care and medicine. Just take a look at what Bush's prescription drug bill and see what it has done.

The only people who benefit under republicans are those with unlimited money supply. The start of change is the start of elimination as we know it now.
So you link me back to 2003....
:eusa_hand:

There never was any mention of elimination, then OR now.

I'm sorry if there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. There are gaps in almost everything. You can't please everybody in a country full of Pauls....

:eusa_whistle:

You can invest all you want, but SS is the backbone of retirement for 180,000,000 people. It's a fact, not a wild ass suggestion from the right that all will be well.

Did you read the Pr Drug bill, you would be broke in a few years if your going to take that to the last dollar spent. not to mention it keeps the people from getting cheap drugs so the rich can once again profit off the rest of us. Just heard that the medical ins companies just set another record profit year.

Yes if you can afford the medicaid and medicare and the Pr drugs of the future then you won't have a problem, but 180,000,000 people will not do well under programs put forth by the right, and many of those on the right are in the same boat, but just \too stupid to see the truth of what will happen to them.

Greed is what makes the right go around. The ability to pit the have little against the have nothings is their biggest asset.

The reason we are in financial problem right now is a income deficit along with a greed motive that the rich on the right and left and center have used to move jobs overseas and then ship the product back to the good old USA at the same cost it would have been if made right here, the only difference is the production savings go straight into the pockets of those who are the reason we are hurting.

I think any deficit reduction plan that get's through Congress will have something for everyone to hate. My fear is that nothing of substance will be agreed on by both sides. If so, Standard and Poors will surely downgrade US bonds. This would mean higher interest payments. It's 5 trillion/yr now. Downgrading could easily add 1% or more to the interest rate which would necessitate even steeper cuts. In the pay me now, pay me later scenario, later is getting a lot sooner.

Okay Steven, you explain how converting medicare to a fixed amount voucher isn't destroying health care for the elderly.

And it doesn't apply to those over 55 so this lie about the elderly sufering is just typical BS
Same thing the left did over privatizing SS. I keep hearing from the left how we paid into SS yet they refuse to let us invest it ourselves.

LOL..... dude, you should read Ryan's plan more thoroughly. The number of people that will be eliminated by means testing will not free up enough capital to cover the increases in healthcare costs (remember, while doing this, Ryan also wants to repeal healthcare reform) which prior to healthcare reform were in excess of 20%. As for investing your SS payments yourself, it would defeat the point of the program. SS is not a retirement program where you invest your money and that money plus interest is return to you when you hit retirement age. It is a compact between generations. The money being paid out today from SS isn't the money the recipients paid in. It is the money that current workers pay in.

You don't have to like SS as is, but you at least have to acknowledge what SS is and isn't. It isn't as simple as letting you have your money so you can invest it. If we did that, the current recipients wouldn't receive anything.

So you link me back to 2003....
:eusa_hand:

There never was any mention of elimination, then OR now.

I'm sorry if there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. There are gaps in almost everything. You can't please everybody in a country full of Pauls....

:eusa_whistle:

and your idea is what? Turn your back on those who are in need because they weren't smart enough to make millions. I hate to tell you this but if everyone was a millionaire, it would cost 300.00 for a loaf of bread and a place to live would cost you 50,000 a year.

We all can't be rich, it can't work that way because there wouldn't be anybody to work.
It just can't happen, we must have some poor people and others who are surviving for there to be a rich society at the top, but that doesn't mean we should just turn our backs on that part of our society, they do play a part.

Paul Ryan's plan effectively eliminates Medicare, although over a long period.

For those who are 45, their estimated cost at retirement will be $3500 per married couple per month for insurance. That is just their out of pocket cost for the insurance. It doesn't factor in that Medicare would still be paying a certain, although much smaller, amount in vouchers.

Ryan?s Budget Attempts to End Medicare and Shift Costs to Seniors

The bottom line is that very few Americans will be able to afford $42,000 per year for their medical insurance. Ryan's plan shifts the cost to the individual and it is at a much higher rate because insurance companies cannot administer the plan as efficiently as the government. In fact, the insurance companies probably don't even want to become involved with this, because it is no longer insurance. Risk is gone from the equation because everyone gets sick and dies. Basically you are asking insurance companies to be the administrators of everyone's health accounts. Can't wait to see how they will cut costs. Talk about death panels, you better hope you don't get sick, and that when you do, you die quickly.

Isn't that done through transferring authority to the states, whose place it is in the first place?

Isn't that done through transferring authority to the states, whose place it is in the first place?

You're thinking of Medicaid. Ryan's plan gives states a block grant to spend on Medicaid as they wish. And yes, Ryan's plan does effectively eliminate Medicare. And at the same time, it gives the rich more tax cuts and doesn't touch defense spending. Not serious.

So taking care of your family responsibilities is a bad thing now? Who knew.

Simple solution to the problem of money: Labor 6 days and rest on the 7th.

You're thinking of Medicaid. Ryan's plan gives states a block grant to spend on Medicaid as they wish. And yes, Ryan's plan does effectively eliminate Medicare. And at the same time, it gives the rich more tax cuts and doesn't touch defense spending. Not serious.

Isn't Medicaid and Medicare redundant anyway?
If we shore up Medicaid would Medicare be necessary?

Forum List

Back