Ok trivia wizards, or Fuzzykitten

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
The answer to this question has haunted me for years and after many, many internet searches, I have yet to turn up any answers.

How many Dodge Chargers were destroyed through out the filming of "The Dukes of Hazard" (1979-85). :D

There were a total of 309 "General Lee" cars (some of them were 1968 and 1970 model Dodges) created and mostly destroyed during the series. About 20, in various states of disrepair, still exist.

Shattered said:
There were a total of 309 "General Lee" cars (some of them were 1968 and 1970 model Dodges) created and mostly destroyed during the series. About 20, in various states of disrepair, still exist.

Cool. I've had this discussion more times than I care to mention. Now I have the answer. :banana:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0790733153/103-8624303-3690242?v=glance&vi=quotes-trivia[/ame] :D

Mr. P said:
Who cares about a car...I was more interested in Daisy Duke.

Pfft. The car was way better looking. Get those classes checked, old man. :D

Weird. I just watched the Dukes on the Entertainment channel a couple of weeks ago. It said they had a total of 36 General Lees with 12 in operating condition at all times and only one survivor being the original one. I will believe the link in Shattered's post before I believe E though.

Said1 said:
The answer to this question has haunted me for years and after many, many internet searches, I have yet to turn up any answers.

How many Dodge Chargers were destroyed through out the filming of "The Dukes of Hazard" (1979-85). :D

Here is more trivia....

Dukes of Hazard Trivia

KarlMarx said:
Here is more trivia....

Dukes of Hazard Trivia

From the link"
They crashed a lot of cars filming this show. Replacing the police sedans was easy - replacing the old Dodge Chargers ("General Lee") was not as they weren't made anymore. It got to the point where producers would spot a Charger on the street and would approach the owner and offer to buy it on the spot

What a waste, I'd tell them to :fu2:

You mean to tell me that Chargers were actually harmed during the filming of the show??????? I'm reporting them to NASCAR ! :D

CSM said:
Not to worry, they were professional stunt Chargers....and they had insurance

I was more worried about the car in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Waaaay Cooler vehicle than an old muscle car....

Of course it was a kit made to look like the vehicle. Even in the movies they don't destroy cars that are worth several hundred thousand dollars.

Forum List

Back