OK, the truth about Angry White Men

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by cnelsen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,353
    Awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,353
    Yep, that's pretty much the attitude.

[​IMG]

How's that work'in for ya?

3. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,091
    For an actual intelligent discussion of angry white males, I'd point everyone to this piece on cracked.com. "A satire website?", you say? Yep. These days, comedians are doing the best reporting out there.

Seriously, it's a really good piece, very even-handed, and worth reading.

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind
    ---
    "Nothing that happens outside the city matters!" they say at their cocktail parties, blissfully unaware of where their food is grown. Hey, remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans? Kind of weird that a big hurricane hundreds of miles across managed to snipe one specific city and avoid everything else. To watch the news (or the multiple movies and TV shows about it), you'd barely hear about how the storm utterly steamrolled rural Mississippi, killing 238 people and doing an astounding $125 billion in damage.

But who cares about those people, right? What's newsworthy about a bunch of toothless hillbillies crying over a flattened trailer? New Orleans is culturally important. It matters.

To those ignored, suffering people, Donald Trump is a brick chucked through the window of the elites. "Are you assholes listening now?"

Don't message me saying all those things I listed are wrong. I know they're wrong. Or rather, I think they're wrong, because I now live in a blue county and work for a blue industry. I know the Good Old Days of the past were built on slavery and segregation, I know that entire categories of humanity experienced religion only as a boot on their neck. I know that those "traditional families" involved millions of women trapped in kitchens and bad marriages. I know gays lived in fear and abortions were back-alley affairs.

I know the changes were for the best.

Try telling that to anybody who lives in Trump country.

They're getting the shit kicked out of them. I know, I was there. Step outside of the city, and the suicide rate among young people fucking doubles. The recession pounded rural communities, but all the recovery went to the cities. The rate of new businesses opening in rural areas has utterly collapsed.
    ---

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1