Ok, the skunk smell is bad enough...

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
But now I'm smelling shit. I've searched the entire house, put the dog out (despite the risk of more skunk) and I still can't find it.

My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.Maybe she can fix it. And I'm calling the damn trapper. Fuck if I'm catching a skunk myself. I'm relieved it's not a coon, but honestly, I'd have no problem trapping a coon.

But I've had my fille of fucking skunks. Particularly if they're going to shit under the house.

My bathroom smells like a den.

Tried to tell you the easiest and quickest way to deal with that...

4014376180_994ef4a28b_o.jpg

Allie I don't know if this is the problem but I know when my mutants rolled in the dead skunk it seemed to take forever for the smell to get out of MY nose. I could still smell it while others coming into the house couldn't. BUT, if you've got one getting under your house somehow, no amount of inside cleaning is going to get rid of the smell. The same hunter that told me what to use to deskunk the mutants told me to pour salt on the ground where the dead skunk was to get rid of the smell so the dogs wouldn't go back to the area and roll around again. It seemed to work as they didn't pay anymore attention to the area where it had laid when they rolled on it.

pale is wrong...you have to close the space they are getting into....

strollingbones is wrong... you need to eliminate the problem.

If they want under your house, aside from having a basement or cement footing that goes about three feet down, they're going to get under it, period.

Shoot the offending animal, and if it's a skunk, take it out in the woods and BURY it.

I guarantee you, if I was living there the problem would be GONE, IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited:
Man, my Dog got sprayed by a skunk once... all the baths in the world couldn't take that damn smell away.

My advice, buy a shotgun, wait out all night and get in some target practice.

Man, my Dog got sprayed by a skunk once... all the baths in the world couldn't take that damn smell away.

Aaah... take my word for it... you do NOT want to shoot a SKUNK with a SHOT GUN. Use a .22

dont listen to pale...:slap: killing aint the answer to ever question there pale....

plus even if you kill this critter...along will come another critter looking for a home...you need to keep them out...and you can secure the house and foundation just takes a little paying attention to...you may have to do the parameter in wire or an electric wire..so far what have you done, allie, other than whine about it?

well?

but we agree that the vermit gun is a .22 not a damn shotgun...the object is never scatter the skunk...

i swear, pale where do these youngin's come from?

and why assume any of us has to "buy" anything...most are well armed....hell even the liberals....of which i am one...

well armed liberal

dont listen to pale...:slap: killing aint the answer to ever question there pale....

plus even if you kill this critter...along will come another critter looking for a home...you need to keep them out...and you can secure the house and foundation just takes a little paying attention to...you may have to do the parameter in wire or an electric wire..so far what have you done, allie, other than whine about it?

well?

So we go about solving problems differently bones... doesn't make me wrong. I've lived in the country the majority of my life. Once had a neighbor that had a Badger dig a den under his shed, IN TOWN. Oddest thing ever. But the DNR wouldn't do shit about it, so he shot it with a bow and arrow, even though they're the Wisconsin state animal and protected. Can't have a Badger living under your shed when you have to get in and out of it. Badgers are mean'rn shit. Skunks... kill 'em, period. Get them away from your house. If you have a house that they can dig under, they're going to dig under it. You'll pay out the nose to have a SUBSTANTIAL metal or concrete barrier put around the bottom of it if you think you're going to stop them.

SHOOT THEM!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Last edited:

Aaah... take my word for it... you do NOT want to shoot a SKUNK with a SHOT GUN. Use a .22

You know what, you're right. I was hasty in my selection of weaponry... .22 would be a hell of a lot better.

but we agree that the vermit gun is a .22 not a damn shotgun...the object is never scatter the skunk...

Don't know... makes you realize just how few of us there really are living out in the country.

Don't know... makes you realize just how few of us there really are living out in the country.

Well I live in the city... I'd never be able to do this myself. Shit, you get fined if you kill an animal in Detroit now, even if he is invading your property.
What's this world coming to?

i still live in the country....i have never had a skunk problem (why do i feel that i will soon) *knocking on wood* i know why we knock on wood for luck, do you but i digress....

how hard is it to secure a house? of course with that said..i have cinderblock and cement pad...so that is not a problem...i guess the coyotes keep the skunks down...hell what would attack a skunk? surely they have predators?

we are having bear trouble...they are coming out of the woods...little old black bears but still you can get a hellva of vet bill if they go after your dogs...and bears seem to attract dogs.. lions, tigers and bears, o my!

i got to watch stuff that is a threat to the cats....i dont kill anything if i can help it...but they need not push it...my cats are not coyote bait...i have trouble with raptors but that is nature...not with cats...raptors keep getting my flying squirrels...

i still live in the country....i have never had a skunk problem (why do i feel that i will soon) *knocking on wood* i know why we knock on wood for luck, do you but i digress....

how hard is it to secure a house? of course with that said..i have cinderblock and cement pad...so that is not a problem...i guess the coyotes keep the skunks down...hell what would attack a skunk? surely they have predators?

we are having bear trouble...they are coming out of the woods...little old black bears but still you can get a hellva of vet bill if they go after your dogs...and bears seem to attract dogs.. lions, tigers and bears, o my!

Damn son! A skunk or a coon is one thing, but a damn bear! Now that just wouldn't work for me, no way no how.

This is why I still live in the city.

Damn son! A skunk or a coon is one thing, but a damn bear! Now that just wouldn't work for me, no way no how.

This is why I still live in the city.

We've got bear around here where I live too, and Cougars, Coyotes, an now people believe they're seeing wolves.

I'm waiting for Elk to show up. They used to live around here but the early inhabitant assholes hunted them out.

Forum List

Back