Ok so please explain to me this?

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
Numerous Republicans bitch and bitch and bitch about the Democrats spend too much money and Republicans are the "true" Conservatives on fiscal spending. Well lets look at the past 50 years or so at some examples since thats when what our parties are today were formed(prior to that they were opposites)

Federally -Democrats since FDR have a clear advantage of GDP growth 4.4% - 2.6% which in real money is a huge difference

Annual job growth - Roosevelt's 3rd term, LBJ, Carter and of course the Bush boys are at the bottom

Straight up spending per citizen -

Obama will be first then:
Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

So, someone please tell me why Republicans are so much better with our money than Democrats and also explain to me why Dem's spend so much more than Repub's when the stats say otherwise?

Numerous Republicans bitch and bitch and bitch about the Democrats spend too much money and Republicans are the "true" Conservatives on fiscal spending. Well lets look at the past 50 years or so at some examples since thats when what our parties are today were formed(prior to that they were opposites)

Federally -Democrats since FDR have a clear advantage of GDP growth 4.4% - 2.6% which in real money is a huge difference

Annual job growth - Roosevelt's 3rd term, LBJ, Carter and of course the Bush boys are at the bottom

Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

So, someone please tell me why Republicans are so much better with our money than Democrats and also explain to me why Dem's spend so much more than Repub's when the stats say otherwise?

Fucked up stats

Why do Republicans think that their party is good for the American economy?

They don't.

But most of them think that the Republicans are better for their personal economies.

They're wrong about that in the long run, but in the short run, thanks to tax breaks for the better off, they're right enough.

Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

Fucked up stats

Really....

An economic record of presidential ... - Google Book Search

They don't.

But most of them think that the Republicans are better for their personal economies.

They're wrong about that in the long run, but in the short run, thanks to tax breaks for the better off, they're right enough.

It's simply a reality that most rightist advocacy in regards to the economy is spawned by either dim acceptance of propaganda or individual greed.

:rofl:

They don't.

It's simply a reality that most rightist advocacy in regards to the economy is spawned by either dim acceptance of propaganda or individual greed.

ROFLMAO!!!

They don't.

Either that or common sense.

Not really. Considering that I'm still encountering rightist rejection of so basic an economic concept as the diminishing rate as marginal utility even as we converse here...

They don't.

I like to think of it as unenlightened self-interest.

Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

This is a false choice. Niether of these Parties is worth a used Big Mac.

I don't think that we have a party that does what the Reps say they want to do. As long as the purse strings for the majority of the money collected as taxes are in Washington, there will be no true Conservative Party.

When a party comes along that espouses the shift in the power, that is the money, from the Feds to the States, that will be the party that I am a part of. The states and not the Feds should have the responsibilty of caring for the people. As close as the power, the money, can be to the people is where it should be.

Right now with the big ol' pot o' money in DC, the money seems like there is no end to it even though we find it about 3/4 of the way through each year. Everything has become so complex in DC that nobody understands any part of it and the idea of reducing spending always comes down to who can demogogue more stridently.

The Feds should have enough money to do what they, by necessity, are the only entity capable of doing. Interstate commerce, national defense, negotiating trade agreements, oversite of the justice system and maybe delivery of the mail, but it's starting to look like that is an idea whose time is passing.

By taking away most of what they spend and most of what they spend it on, the money, and the power, returns closer to the people.

We all need to put on one black glove and start chanting, "Power to the People!"

LOL - this touches on areas of myth and fantasy so powerful the conservatives will start stuttering and gasping for air.

Society requires that all its citizens engage in and profit from its assets. No one has figured that out yet, although the dems are a smidgen closer.

The republicans simply support 'their people' the wealthy, as Bush Jr said.

The Conservative Nanny State

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Book I Chapter VIII

A better question is why does the left always claim they do the economy better when it's easy to point to FDR, Carter, LBJ and BO as examples that they don't?

Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

This is a false choice. Niether of these Parties is worth a used Big Mac.

I don't think that we have a party that does what the Reps say they want to do. As long as the purse strings for the majority of the money collected as taxes are in Washington, there will be no true Conservative Party.

When a party comes along that espouses the shift in the power, that is the money, from the Feds to the States, that will be the party that I am a part of. The states and not the Feds should have the responsibilty of caring for the people. As close as the power, the money, can be to the people is where it should be.

Right now with the big ol' pot o' money in DC, the money seems like there is no end to it even though we find it about 3/4 of the way through each year. Everything has become so complex in DC that nobody understands any part of it and the idea of reducing spending always comes down to who can demogogue more stridently.

The Feds should have enough money to do what they, by necessity, are the only entity capable of doing. Interstate commerce, national defense, negotiating trade agreements, oversite of the justice system and maybe delivery of the mail, but it's starting to look like that is an idea whose time is passing.

By taking away most of what they spend and most of what they spend it on, the money, and the power, returns closer to the people.

We all need to put on one black glove and start chanting, "Power to the People!"

You and I agree about one thing...that the FEDERAL government sold its soul to K street.

Where we disagree is your belief that the state governments are any better.

State officals sell out their people no less frequently than Federal offical do.

The problem is NOT national versus local, the problem is RIGHT v WRONG.

And that lobbyist bribery problem exists everywhere governments can be bribed to vote for the interests of special interests at the expense of the commonweal.

I see absolutely no moral difference between the corruption I see in my own town of 3,000, my own state of 1 million, and my nation of 300,000,00,

The exact same perversion of governance by special interests exists in all three governments.

A better question is why does the left always claim they do the economy better when it's easy to point to FDR, Carter, LBJ and BO as examples that they don't?

I just PROVED to you with those stats that FDR, LBJ, and Carter were all better than every Republican. And you don't have any idea how Obama is gonna effect the economy so stop acting like your the nostrafuckingdamus of economic policy

See, its crap like that right there that just proves my point about some of you fascists

They don't.

Please edify us how having crappy personal economies is good for the national economy?

Bush II 8900
Bush I 8200
Clinton 8000
Reagan 7500
Carter 6600
Ford 6200
Nixon 5400
Johnson 4600
JFK 4000
Truman 3400
Eisenhower 3400
FDR 2200

Fucked up stats

Really....

An economic record of presidential ... - Google Book Search

A page from a book-sale site?
Are you serious?

I just PROVED to you with those stats that FDR, LBJ, and Carter were all better than every Republican. And you don't have any idea how Obama is gonna effect the economy so stop acting like your the nostrafuckingdamus of economic policy

See, its crap like that right there that just proves my point about some of you fascists

I'm new to this site....but I'll just jump right in. You just proved what exactly? No idea of "how Obama is gonna effect the economy"? Well, maybe not. But this gives us a pretty good vision....

But Obama's presidency, not yet four months old, has put the government on track for a $1.8 trillion shortfall.

That's almost 13 percent of the nation's gross domestic product - a level not seen since 1945. By contrast, the 2008 deficit - for the budget year that ended last September - was a then-record $454.8 billion.

I have less than 15 posts on this site, therefore, I'm not permitted to post a link to other sites just yet. But you can find the above referenced at MiamiHerald.com. Yesterday's article titled: "Analysis: Obama moving to center on some issues.

Lay off the Kool Aid.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

They don't.

Please edify us how having crappy personal economies is good for the national economy?

That question, as it relates to the subject at hand, simply makes no sense.

As it relates to the subject at hand the answer is that a tragedy of the commons often benefits part of a society while costing the society as whole a great deal more in the long run.

well as soon as you mentioned Carter your whole show went right out the window....the guy was one of the worst ever....

Forum List

Back