OK right wingers. I need you to treat me like a 6yr old!!(pt 1)

And this brings me to another thought. I am totally against TARP programs that bail out businesses when going bankrupt. I understand that some of these businesses had heavy investors who might have suffered huge losses. However, that is a risk YOU take when you start investing your money into a business/businesses. That is a known risk. This is just one reason why businesses should stop using 401K plans. If a company is going to have to claim bankruptcy, then so be it. That is one of the risks of capitalism. Investment business is one of the reasons why our economy is kind of sucky now anyways, and I wouldn't mind if less people did it.

OK. I need some one to explain exactly how liberal policies destroyed families. I heard a claim that public assistance chase the male parent out of the home--how exactly?

I really need some clarity on this claim. Is there some special rule to receiving that penalizes families with both parents? Is there some other argument? Serious replies, please

Here is another perfect example for you amrchaos...
  • Marriage is one of the greatest protectors against child poverty. It is counterintuitive to have a welfare system that penalizes this institution.
  • According to a recently released study from the American Enterprise Institute, 82% of lower-middle-class families with young children face “marriage penalties” in the welfare system.
  • Couples who marry would lose all or some of their welfare benefits because their combined income is often greater than each of their independent incomes.
  • The study found that couples with young children are less likely to marry if they face a significant marriage penalty
  • Furthermore, nearly a third of Americans between the ages of 18 and 60 reported that they personally know someone who has chosen not to marry because of the marriage penalty.
Prime example of liberal policies destroying families. These people are avoiding marriage because liberal policies rewards them for avoiding it and punishes them for engaging in it.

Our Welfare System Shouldn't Penalize Marriage

Forum List

Back