OK, really, KFC?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I just saw a commercial for KFC, saying they were the perfect "Holiday Dinner"

Really? WTH?

Are people really that lazy?

What ever happened to a homecooked meal?

Geez. :cuckoo:

What other stupid things are out there?

Oh I thought you were making a thread in complaint about a bad chicken meal you ordered.

As far as:

None. Everything else is perfect.

I'm on a low cholesterol diet, the Mrs has been put on a low protein diet. But we will have a spiral honey glazed ham for Christmas with sweet potatoes and all the trimmings. KFC my ass.

Really? WTH?

Does this mean that you're against store bought feasts and caterers too?

Me personally? For most of my life, my Christmases have been spent alone, eating Chinese food, usually on duty. I volunteered for that, because I was single most of my Navy career.

But...........to be fair..........one of the main reasons I volunteered for duty was because sometimes I'd get called into the Ready Room for radio traffic and would get to share in some home cooked chow brought in by all the other squadron people who were spending Christmas with their family.

Other places, I'd volunteer and have to stand duty by myself (hence the Chinese food). But, there was an ulterior motive in that, because it guaranteed me New Years Eve and New Years Day without duty.

Yep, I believe that fast food is a bit off the deep end though. Nice to know that they're gonna be open Christmas. Maybe I'll stop by and get something if my roomie has to work that day.

Really? WTH?

Sometimes the perfect meal means the kids can feed themselves while mommy and daddy exchange gifts behind closed doors.

Never underestimate the value of fast food and paper plates. ;)

Really? WTH?

Olive Garden!! "when you're here, you're family"

if I took my relatives to an Olive Garden they'd beat the shit out of me in the parking lot....

Olive Garden is to Italian food like Thunderbird is to Dom Perignon. :puke:

Really? WTH?

Sometimes the perfect meal means the kids can feed themselves while mommy and daddy exchange gifts behind closed doors.

Never underestimate the value of fast food and paper plates. ;)

Good point. And.........kids love crap like that over homemade turkey and dressing and ham.

Wanna know what my favorite thing was to eat on Christmas? Lumpia made by squadron mates who were Filippino (they'd bring it to the Ready Room in big casserole dishes).

I'm on a low cholesterol diet, the Mrs has been put on a low protein diet. But we will have a spiral honey glazed ham for Christmas with sweet potatoes and all the trimmings. KFC my ass.

Jack Spratt could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean.
And so between the two of them
They licked the platter clean.

Jack Spratt could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean.
And so between the two of them
They licked the platter clean.

Brad Brad you're so rad
Will you please get off my chair?
No Monique, you're a geek
I will not get off your chair.

Mine is SteaknShake Grilled Cheese with Pickles in the middle and Mustard on the side. :eusa_drool:

*But I won't be having that for Christmas Dinner! :lol:

Actually, favorite fast food walk in or carry out?

Rudy's Barbeque, hands down. Some of the best beans, 3 bean salad, brisket, ribs and jalapeno sausage you've ever eaten.

And, if you do carry out, you're in and out of there in no more than 10 minutes. If you feel like it though, there are also places to sit and eat at as well.

Matter of fact, that's what I had for this weekend.

Forum List

Back