OK NRA members, get ready to be pissed off!

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
I own a trucking company! We haul cars! www.edtrans.com - help yourself!

We also collect COD money from our customers!

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A DRIVER TO HAVE A HANDGUN IN A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IN ANY STATE IN THE US, IT'S A FEDERAL LAW!

Last Sunday morning my driver, Dave Marshall, called me at 7:15 am to advise me that he had just been robbed. WHILE IN HIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was sleeping in his sleeper, parked in an industrial area located behind the TA truck stop in Dallas, Tx at exit # 472 off I-20.

At about 7:00 am Dave was awakened by someone reaching up into his truck to snatch his wallet and keys off of the coathook he kept them on above the passenger seat. As he was coming to from his slumber the theif was pulling the wallet chain and keys through the window. The scumbag had pried his vent vision window (located at the bottom of the passenger door) out of it's socket, stuck his arm through it enough to roll down the window just far enough to stick his sleezy arm through.

Dave's CDL license, credit card, my credit card, his wallet possessions, a couple hundred of his hard earned dollars and a precious picture of his wife who is deceased are now all laying in some trash can or dumpster near cracktown somewhere.

Dave was afraid to grab the arm for fear that the other arm had a gun in it. A logical assumption I believe.You see, this vietnam veteran, single parent of four children, tax paying, law abiding and wonderful person had NO ability to defend himself or stop this scum from helping himself to Dave's possessions.

Dave is a truck driver. Because of this fact he has no right to defend himself.

NOW, I want one of you liberals to tell me one good reason we should not have the right to have a gun in our truck. I don't think one of you will respond to this question.

Call the police you say! (buzzer sound) WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! He did that. They refused to come out and make a report. The Dallas Police department said since noone was hurt that they could not send someone out. There was just too high a demand for officers to make reports on every "petty" crime. YES THE DISPATCHER SAID PETTY.

Dave's last remaining wallet size picture of his wife is NOT petty.

OK Lib's, I'm ready! Come get me on this one!

In 1987 in Gainesville, Ga there was an old lady named Hannah Darby. She lived in a little house out on US129 sort of in the country. Her husband was deceased and she was getting on up in the years. 84 or 85.

One morning about 4:00 am a man broke in her house and discovered her in bed asleep. Ms Darby didn't get around so good so naturally she was no match for this "raider" as he pulled her off the bed and threw her on the floor. She gave him her purse and after he beat her she surrendered a few hundred dollars she had hidden in her closet floorboard. He beat her up pretty good.

She said later that she knew her husband's revolver was in the nightstand next to her bed but she didn't want to kill this man because of a few hundred dollars. He just wouldn't stop beating on her. After sustaining a harsh beating at the hands of this idiot she was thrown up against the nightstand. She reached inside and grabbed the gun. Her husband Oscar had made her learn to shoot it back in 1956. It was an old gun. It was loaded! She screamed at ther attacker to "get out of her house". He lunged at her again, she shot him once in the abdomen. He retreated back into the corner of the bedroom and lay still.

Ms Darby then hurried to the phone and called 911. Afterwards she hobbled back into the roon with washclothes and while holding the gun to his head, attempted to dress his wound.

She then backed away and sat on her bed. As she waited for the police and ambulance she told him to be still or she would fire again and that she did not want to hurt him.

She then read to him out of the Bible!

Let me hear a rational suggestion as to why Ms Darby should not have had a gun in her home.

I know this to be a true story because Ms darby was a friend of mine. I raised two boys alone and she used to do sewing for me. She also made squash casserole and apple pie to die for. She fired a gun 6 or 8 times because her husband made her do it some 31 years prior to that day. She told me that she turned her head on 3 or 4 of the shots until Oscar got mad and insisted that the gun could save her life one day and that she should take it serious. She hated guns.

Ms Darby is of course deceased now but she did not die that night in 1987 at the hands of a freak robber.

I WANT ONE LIB TO TELL ME THAT LAW ABIDING AMERICANS SHOULD NOT HAVE GUNS AND THEN THEIR RATIONALE AS TO WHY! Noone will answer this I am sure!

Sorry to hear about your driver, Emmett. I was unaware that commercial drivers couldn't be armed. Heck, you might want to get the NRA involved, if they'll take it up. Sounds like a good law to be repealed.

Emmett said:
I own a trucking company! We haul cars! www.edtrans.com - help yourself!

We also collect COD money from our customers!

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A DRIVER TO HAVE A HANDGUN IN A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IN ANY STATE IN THE US, IT'S A FEDERAL LAW!

Last Sunday morning my driver, Dave Marshall, called me at 7:15 am to advise me that he had just been robbed. WHILE IN HIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was sleeping in his sleeper, parked in an industrial area located behind the TA truck stop in Dallas, Tx at exit # 472 off I-20.

At about 7:00 am Dave was awakened by someone reaching up into his truck to snatch his wallet and keys off of the coathook he kept them on above the passenger seat. As he was coming to from his slumber the theif was pulling the wallet chain and keys through the window. The scumbag had pried his vent vision window (located at the bottom of the passenger door) out of it's socket, stuck his arm through it enough to roll down the window just far enough to stick his sleezy arm through.

Dave's CDL license, credit card, my credit card, his wallet possessions, a couple hundred of his hard earned dollars and a precious picture of his wife who is deceased are now all laying in some trash can or dumpster near cracktown somewhere.

Dave was afraid to grab the arm for fear that the other arm had a gun in it. A logical assumption I believe.You see, this vietnam veteran, single parent of four children, tax paying, law abiding and wonderful person had NO ability to defend himself or stop this scum from helping himself to Dave's possessions.

Dave is a truck driver. Because of this fact he has no right to defend himself.

NOW, I want one of you liberals to tell me one good reason we should not have the right to have a gun in our truck. I don't think one of you will respond to this question.

Call the police you say! (buzzer sound) WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! He did that. They refused to come out and make a report. The Dallas Police department said since noone was hurt that they could not send someone out. There was just too high a demand for officers to make reports on every "petty" crime. YES THE DISPATCHER SAID PETTY.

Dave's last remaining wallet size picture of his wife is NOT petty.

OK Lib's, I'm ready! Come get me on this one!

This where me and the law part company. I'll take my chances. As the old saying goes, "I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six."

I'd say carry the gun and take the chance. You might be prosecuted for it, but you'd have a defense, and more importantly, sympathy from a jury (provided you are not tried by a black or Hispanic jury, which would railroad a white trucker who defended himself against a 'brotha'). Our legal system is set up to punish the law-abiding and reward the law-breaking. That must change.

I don't think we need to be members of the NRA to be pissed off by this story. Every American that believes in the Constitution should be.

Hobbit said:
Whatever happened to the SECOND AMMENDMENT?! Doesn't it guarantee the right for all citizens to bear arms?

This thread is about gun control. Second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. Which arms? The ones that were around when the constitution was written? Any arms developed since then, including nuclear weapons? Bazookas? Anti-aircraft missiles?

If an American citizen has the right to own nuclear weapons, how can we tell Iran they don't?

Nuc said:
This thread is about gun control. Second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. Which arms? The ones that were around when the constitution was written? Any arms developed since then, including nuclear weapons? Bazookas? Anti-aircraft missiles?

If an American citizen has the right to own nuclear weapons, how can we tell Iran they don't?

easy--Do as we say, not as we do. :cof:

Nuc said:

If the writers of the Constitution only mean it to apply to the weapons of their times, why didn't they use the word "muskets" instead of "arms"? I'd say whatever weapon that can be used to defend yourself against intruders is enough. I don't see how having a nuclear weapon or AA missile is going to help you defend yourself against an intruder ;)

theHawk said:
If the writers of the Constitution only mean it to apply to the weapons of their times, why didn't they use the word "muskets" instead of "arms"? I'd say whatever weapon that can be used to defend yourself against intruders is enough. I don't see how having a nuclear weapon or AA missile is going to help you defend yourself against an intruder ;)

Then you're going against a strict reading of the constitution. They didn't put any qualifiers on it.

A tank could help you defend yourself against intruders if you have a large property. So how about a tank?

How about machine guns? Cop killer bullets? How do these fit in?

Well I guess thats all debatable and up to us to decide. Doesn't mean we can decide to take away the basic right to have arms. Are you saying you believe truckers shouldn't be able to carry a handgun or shotgun? What is your point? I don't think truckers are going to be able to fit a tank inside the cab of their trucks? :eek2:

theHawk said:
Well I guess thats all debatable and up to us to decide. Doesn't mean we can decide to take away the basic right to have arms. Are you saying you believe truckers shouldn't be able to carry a handgun or shotgun? What is your point? I don't think truckers are going to be able to fit a tank inside the cab of their trucks? :eek2:

I think they should be able to have guns in their trucks if it's legal to have guns in the home, because the truck is their home. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this law?

Nuc said:
I think they should be able to have guns in their trucks if it's legal to have guns in the home, because the truck is their home. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this law?

I'm not even sure where in teh UX Code this law is, but I agree with your reasoning. It's absurd that a trucker can't defend himself on the road.

Definitely take it up with the NRA, there are also a number of conservative and libertarian legal groups that could help you and the driver out. E-mail National Review Online about it.

There are SO MANY unconscionable things happening in this country without pause,I'M WONDERING WHEN my countrymen/WE will stand up together beyond the LIMP WRISTED GEEK PARTY LINES AND SAY "ENOUGH IS PHUKING ENOUGH????????? :puke3:

nibor said:
There are SO MANY unconscionable things happening in this country without pause,I'M WONDERING WHEN my countrymen/WE will stand up together beyond the LIMP WRISTED GEEK PARTY LINES AND SAY "ENOUGH IS PHUKING ENOUGH????????? :puke3:

And this applies to this thread exactly HOW? :alco:

IF the fact IS that we're no longer legally able/allowed to defend our selves,WHY don't you tell me how it DOESN'T relate to the rest of the overall situations happening around us? :duh3:

Forum List

Back