OK... Now You Have To Do WHAT To Lose Weight?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
FREEZE YOURSELF! Well, not exactly freeze, but yup, get COLD.

There's an author who's written a new book called The Four Hour Body, and in this book he claims that you'll burn fat at a 300% increased rate if you cool the body down. This can be as simple as turning your thermostat down. This is backed up by scientific research. The body tries to maintain a 98.6 degree temperature, and when the body is cooled down it will do everything it can to maintain that temp, and it does this mainly by increasing the body's metabolism, thus burning calories at an increased rate.

Sounds logical to me, but I'm not going to freeze my ass off to try it.

Makes sense to me.

Those with body fat certainly seem to be able to stay warmer than those of us who are thin.

I'm still the same weight I was when I was about 18 and I bascially have so little fat that I'm negative bouyant in fresh water.

My comfort zone ranges from about 76 to about 86.

Most of the truly large people hereabouts start complaining about it being too hot when it hits about 70.

They're walking around in teeshirts when I'm still layering.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me.

Those with body fat certainly seem to be able to stay warmer than those of us who are thin.

I'm still the same weight I was when I was about 18 and I bascially have so little fat that I'm negative bouyant in fresh water.

Most of the truly large people hereabouts start complaining about it being too hot when it hits about 70.

I think you'd have to be healthy to even try this. Isn't getting cold a good way to get sick?

Getting cold when you're too run down to fight off infection is probably more accurate, PR.

Your body will adapt to a somewhat cooler home if you're healthy enough to suvive the adaption process.

Plus a much warmer home tends (depending on the heating system, naturally) to have drier air than a cooler home.

And that dryer air makes your mucous membrains less effective at fighting off infections of the nose and throat.

Makes sense to me.

Cayenne and Jalapeño can help that. ;)

Warm fluids help burn calories. Cold fatty foods are harder to break down.

Getting cold when you're too run down to fight off infection is probably more accurate, PR.

Your body will adapt to a somewhat cooler home if you're healthy enough to suvive the adaption process.

Plus a much warmer home tends (depending on the heating system, naturally) to have drier air than a cooler home.

And that dryer air makes your mucous membrains less effective at fighting off infections of the nose and throat.

I assume you don't have steam heat??? :lol:

FREEZE YOURSELF! Well, not exactly freeze, but yup, get COLD.

There's an author who's written a new book called The Four Hour Body, and in this book he claims that you'll burn fat at a 300% increased rate if you cool the body down. This can be as simple as turning your thermostat down. This is backed up by scientific research. The body tries to maintain a 98.6 degree temperature, and when the body is cooled down it will do everything it can to maintain that temp, and it does this mainly by increasing the body's metabolism, thus burning calories at an increased rate.

Sounds logical to me, but I'm not going to freeze my ass off to try it.

Good! Cuz I'm sitting here freezing my butt off...hopefully it will work well :)

That's why I have two humidifiers running 24/7 in my house. I know what it's like without them, and it isn't pretty.

O wow! Although not sure of your freezing idea ;) however, I would love to try the same. Thanks for letting me know the chilling idea!

Forum List

Back