Ok libs, one link to one item gwb de regulated

hey mother fucker
you know what I want?
a link

Wow...you're awfully angry this Monday. Maybe you should get out of your mom's basement more often.

The fact that you want a link to how the most basic aspects of our government functions tells us all we need to know.

I am not mad
your childish avatar sounds that stupid
Link bud
one item GWB de regulated
Its that simple and you cannot do it
if it is basic
a basic link will work

A few days after the Supreme Court made George W. Bush president in 2000, Gramm stuck something called the Commodity Futures Modernization Act into the budget bill. Nobody knew that the Texas senator was slipping America a 262 page poison pill. The Gramm Guts America Act was designed to keep regulators from controlling new financial tools described as credit "swaps." These are instruments like sub-prime mortgages bundled up and sold as securities. Under the Gramm law, neither the SEC nor the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) were able to examine financial institutions like hedge funds or investment banks to guarantee they had the assets necessary to cover losses they were guaranteeing.

James Moore: A Nation of Village Idiots

hey mother fucker
you know what I want?
a link

Wow...you're awfully angry this Monday. Maybe you should get out of your mom's basement more often.

The fact that you want a link to how the most basic aspects of our government functions tells us all we need to know.

I am not mad
Link bud
if it is basic
a basic link will work

You're not mad, but you call me a motherfucker? Just stop - if you're old enough to type a response then you're old enough to act like an adult.

You've been given numerous answers to even more numerous inquiries numerous times. But the responses don't fit your tiny little ideological view of the world, so you reject them and call people mother fuckers instead. I have no interest in providing you yet another link to information known to anyone with a brain.

But hey JRK, you keep starting these threads. They do a nice job of exposing you.

A few days after the Supreme Court made George W. Bush president in 2000, Gramm stuck something called the Commodity Futures Modernization Act into the budget bill. Nobody knew that the Texas senator was slipping America a 262 page poison pill. The Gramm Guts America Act was designed to keep regulators from controlling new financial tools described as credit "swaps." These are instruments like sub-prime mortgages bundled up and sold as securities. Under the Gramm law, neither the SEC nor the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) were able to examine financial institutions like hedge funds or investment banks to guarantee they had the assets necessary to cover losses they were guaranteeing.

skynet did you use the year 2000?
let me add this
Sarbanes

Last edited:
Tell me about the oversite under the entire republican government we had for years?

Tell me all the investigations congress did into matters that they were tasked to deal with by their elections?

let me add this
Sarbanes

tell me how SOX affected derivatives and credit swaps?

I am not mad
Link bud
if it is basic
a basic link will work

You're not mad, but you call me a motherfucker? Just stop - if you're old enough to type a response then you're old enough to act like an adult.

You've been given numerous answers to even more numerous inquiries numerous times. But the responses don't fit your tiny little ideological view of the world, so you reject them and call people mother fuckers instead. I have no interest in providing you yet another link to information known to anyone with a brain.

But hey JRK, you keep starting these threads. They do a nice job of exposing you.

every time you respond to anyone you call them a mother fucker
Now with that said
you still have not a link?
I do not know how a person could live making a false claim and know it was it false when it was made

every time you respond to anyone you call them a mother fucker

That's hilarious! Luckily, its ignorance is saved here for all to see.

you still have not a link?

Let me repeat, because apparently you didn't read the last time:

You're not in search of the truth, JRK. You are in search of ideological confirmation.

Thats an opinion
no facts
no legislation
no signed into law bill

try again

It's a liberal 'thought provider'.... that's what the liberal sites do - they provide the left with their thoughts - that's why so few leftists can think for themselves.... they don't use their brains.

Haha... that's why so few leftists can think for yourself. It's amazing to me that you say it with such self-rigtheous fervor when you have stations like fox that spout ignorance and hate in order to feed republicans their talking points.For someone so obviously intelligent you really say logically inconsistent things, and you're intolerable arrogance is very unbecoming. You should do something about that.

I have no 'stations like fox', idiot. Nor am I a republican. Nor am I 'arrogant', I'm just smarter than you.... to be fair though, a brick is smarter than you.

let me add this
Sarbanes

credit default swap could not be reported as a loss, until that loss occurred
same as the securities that would have been seen as an asset
good or bad
it had everything to do with what your talking about
In fact one could say that some could have rode the crash out without reporting the big hit in there real estate, or more accurately "creative accounting"

So you brag about him not deregulating and you claim to be a conservative?

So which is it? Are you proud of Bush not deregulating or are you a conservative?

let me add this
Sarbanes

credit default swap could not be reported as a loss, until that loss occurred
same as the securities that would have been seen as an asset
good or bad
it had everything to do with what your talking about
In fact one could say that some could have rode the crash out without reporting the big hit in there real estate, or more accurately "creative accounting"

great clarification. thanks. (it was more for the benefit of everyone else)

Here are some things Bush had the IRS do:

June 25, 2001: IRS removes regulations pertaining to treatment of federal reserve banks as "depositories": Treasury Determination (T.D.) 8952.

July 9, 2003: IRS removes regulations requiring application of the "step transaction doctrine" to banks that acquire stock and make election to treat the acquisition as an asset acquisition. T.D. 9071.

May 30, 2006: IRS Publishes Proposed Regs to Ease Corporate Reporting, Filing Burdens.

and then there was this:
Accounting and auditing of both commercial and merchant banks was an important part of state oversight of the industry. Under both Bush, this was removed, permitting private, bank-owned firms to audit banks and their investments. Another conflict of interest was crated, as banks were empowered, in essence, to regulate and audit themselves. This led to sloppy bookkeeping, poor investment decisions and the explosion of sub-prime lending that would have caused a government crackdown in earlier years. As of 2003, this practice was removed by the passage of the Sarbines-Oxley Act. Signed, notably, by George W. Bush. At the same time, however, this same president invoked an obscure 1863 law forbidding states to regulate local banks.

The President is a dictator? Damn, I did not know that.

Idiot.

its called Executive Order...... Bush used it many times. You asked for something he deregulated and I complied. thanks for showing your ignorance.:cuckoo:

I asked for it?

Really?

Are you sure?

Fucking idiot.

It wasn't me. But, thanks for showing what a total fucking fool you are.

The President is a dictator? Damn, I did not know that.

Idiot.

its called Executive Order...... Bush used it many times. You asked for something he deregulated and I complied. thanks for showing your ignorance.:cuckoo:

I asked for it?

Really?

Are you sure?

Fucking idiot.

being that you are on the other side of the argument, yes "YOU" asked for. you keep believing in this myth that Bush did everything right, and Obama has done everything wrong. Educate yourself on the issues before you open that sewer you call a mouth, seeing as how you can only spout of partisan talking points and not have a real debate.

I asked for it?

Really?

Are you sure?

Fucking idiot.

being that you are on the other side of the argument, yes "YOU" asked for. you keep believing in this myth that Bush did everything right, and Obama has done everything wrong. Educate yourself on the issues before you open that sewer you call a mouth, seeing as how you can only spout of partisan talking points and not have a real debate.

You think I'm a Bush supporter? :lol::lol::lol:

And you're saying I need an education? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. You're a fucking riot. :lol::lol::lol:

The Bush Legacy: An Assault on Public Protections | OMB Watch

This report shows that attacks on a variety of common-sense regulations over the past eight years have taken a great toll on the United States. Though not intended to serve as a comprehensive record of every anti-regulatory effort by the Bush administration, this report uses clear examples to document a wide range of activity, much of which occurred behind the scenes, away from the eyes of all but the most observant members of the press and the public. The storytelling style of the report, crafted by freelance writer and author Osha Gray Davidson, helps readers begin to understand how much damage has been done under the watch of George W. Bush and his vice president, Richard B. Cheney.

The Bush Legacy is organized into five chapters:

"Dismantling Government" provides the reader with a concise history of regulation in modern America. From the late 1800s through the tenure of George W. Bush, this chapter looks at regulatory efforts sparked by deadly pollution, destruction of our nation's eastern forests, and widespread corruption, as well as the anti-regulatory reaction to such sensible protections.

"Turning Off the Spigot" shows that from the very first day of the Bush administration, officials throughout the federal government have been engaged in efforts to delay, derail, and roll back a large number of regulations.

"Changing the Rules" examines the special access granted to special interests, the increased secrecy of the federal government under the Bush administration (including increased secrecy in the rulemaking process), and the results — whether intended or unintended — of the Bush White House's heavy reliance on voluntary regulation.

"Getting Government Out of the Way" builds upon the first three chapters and focuses on the modern conservative movement's slash-and-burn approach to governance. Through agency budget cuts and steadily decreasing the number of skilled, knowledgeable staff, the Bush administration and an often-compliant Congress have compounded the problems created by direct anti-regulatory efforts.

"Conclusions and Recommendations for Change" points out some of the reactions to the Bush administration's anti-regulatory activity. This chapter explores some congressional successes and failures related to public protections; the public's widespread support for sensible safeguards; and recommendations, crafted by two recent nonpartisan projects, that are designed to positively reform the regulatory process and increase the transparency of the federal government. The chapter closes with a pointed assessment of the Bush administration's regulatory record, as well as a call for the incoming Obama administration, the 111th Congress, and the American people to craft workable, effective solutions that will reinvigorate our struggling economy, safeguard our nation's natural beauty, and protect every American's health and safety.

Last edited:
So, NIC..... you do realize all you've linked to is left wing whackaloon propaganda, none of which ever came true, don't you?

Of course you do.

Forum List

Back