Ok, Liberals, What Are Your SOLUTIONS for School Shootings? Here Are Mine.

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Given all the inexcusable failures of the FBI, Cruz's classmates, his teachers, and his guardian to take actions that would have prevented the school shooting in Broward County, FL, it is quite a reach for liberals to simply fall back on their usual anti-gun arguments as if the main problem were private gun ownership and the NRA. That's like blaming private car ownership and auto makers for cases where cars have been used to kill people.

That said, liberals, give your solutions to school shootings. WHAT do you propose? Here's what I propose:

* Raise the minimum age for gun ownership to 21.
* Require a background check for ALL gun sales--private sales, dealer sales, gun show sales, gun store sales, ALL gun sales--to prevent guns from being sold to people convicted of violent crimes and people deemed to be dangerously mentally ill by a mental health professional.
* Establish a national database for the dangerously mentally ill and require all mental health professionals to report the name and other personal information of anyone they have deemed to be dangerously mentally ill based on personally counseling/treating that person. At the same time, establish an appeals process where a person named in that database can challenge their status, and ensure that the appeals process takes no more than 60 days.
* Require--not encourage, but require--all schools to select 15% of their faculty to keep a gun at school and to receive, if needed, a basic gun-use class, with the gun to be kept in the classroom under lock and key and with only the teacher, the principal, and a vice principal having a key.
* Require counties to assign 10% of their day-duty police squad cars to do random patrols at schools five days a week. Even poor counties with small police departments could spare 10% of their squad cars to do random school patrols. Yes, this might mean that police departments would need to cut down on all the policemen assigned to do speed traps.
* Require schools to provide identification and reporting training to teach students about common behaviors/profiles of previous school shooters. For heaven's sake, if you see a guy talking about guns and about killing people and/or about killing animals on the internet or in person, say something to the police.
* Establish a national minimum sentence of 15 years for *any* crime committed with a gun or by someone who had a gun on their person during the crime. No whining exceptions. You steal a bike by waving an empty gun at someone to scare them off, you go to jail for 15 years, period. Tough luck, It sucks to be you.

What I do NOT propose:

* Universal gun registration.
* Banning AR-15s or other semi-automatic rifles.
* Limiting how many magazines or how much ammo a person can buy.

No glory or publicity.
Painful execution in private.
Execute the parents.

Problem solved.

Requiring background checks on private exchanges has always irked me.
Why do i need to do a background check on my son for a family heirloom? OR my best friend buying my 9MM.
Thats ridiculous.
Plus, im not sure how much that would help

Since students are the problem they should be the ones inconvenienced. All class rooms are virtual. No need for buses or school buildings. All sports are hereby kaput.....no need for college level facilities. Problem solved.

Given all the inexcusable failures of the FBI, Cruz's classmates, his teachers, and his guardian to take actions that would have prevented the school shooting in Broward County, FL, it is quite a reach for liberals to simply fall back on their usual anti-gun arguments as if the main problem were private gun ownership and the NRA. That's like blaming private car ownership and auto makers for cases where cars have been used to kill people.

That said, liberals, give your solutions to school shootings. WHAT do you propose? Here's what I propose:

* Require a background check for ALL gun sales--private sales, dealer sales, gun show sales, gun store sales, ALL gun sales--to prevent guns from being sold to people convicted of violent crimes and people deemed to be dangerously mentally ill by a mental health professional.
* Establish a national database for the dangerously mentally ill and require all mental health professionals to report the name and other personal information of anyone they have deemed to be dangerously mentally ill based on personally counseling/treating that person. At the same time, establish an appeals process where a person named in that database can challenge their status, and ensure that the appeals process takes no more than 60 days.
* Require--not encourage, but require--all schools to select 15% of their faculty to keep a gun at school and to receive, if needed, a basic gun-use class, with the gun to be kept in the classroom under lock and key and with only the teacher, the principal, and a vice principal having a key.
* Require counties to assign 10% of their day-duty police squad cars to do random patrols at schools five days a week. Even poor counties with small police departments could spare 10% of their squad cars to do random school patrols. Yes, this might mean that police departments would need to cut down on all the policemen assigned to do speed traps.
* Require schools to provide identification and reporting training to teach students about common behaviors/profiles of previous school shooters. For heaven's sake, if you see a guy talking about guns and about killing people and/or about killing animals on the internet or in person, say something to the police.
* Establish a national minimum sentence of 15 years for *any* crime committed with a gun or by someone who had a gun on their person during the crime. No whining exceptions. You steal a bike by waving an empty gun at someone to scare them off, you go to jail for 15 years, period. Tough luck, It sucks to be you.

What I do NOT propose:

"* Banning AR-15s or other semi-automatic rifles.
* Limiting how many magazines or how much ammo a person can buy."

All the rest is meaningless then. Next.

What I do NOT propose:

Ignore the problem and focus on punishing 99.9999% of the people that follow the law.
This pre-K thinking is why you idiots always get laughed at.
THINK for once.Lets focus on the problem and not an inanimate object.

1. Death penalty for anyone who uses these bogus hoaxed "shootings" to push for more gun control.

What I do NOT propose:

Your focus is on the guns. How is that going to stop or reduce The Violence? Banning will create a black market for AR 15s and magazines.

What I do NOT propose:

Ignore the problem and focus on punishing 99.9999% of the people that follow the law.
This pre-K thinking is why you idiots always get laughed at.
THINK for once.Lets focus on the problem and not an inanimate object.

Where's your tank? Inanimate object. Your stack of dynamite? Your RPG?

Your pre-K thinking doesn't understand what 'well regulated' is. Your entire worldview is MINE MINE MINE.

Here is the problem with the mentally ill aspect: who makes that determination?

Licensed shrinks? How many liberal shrinks do you think are out there?

So now government is the arbitrator as to who is mentally stable or unstable enough to own a gun. Think there will be no problems with that?

We seen how the Democrats used the IRS to attack their political enemies. We seen how the Democrats even tainted the FBI to try and change an election. We seen the DOJ let one of their own criminals off the hook. Do you trust these people to deem who is mentally competent to own a firearm?

If Democrats had their way, do you suppose the would have removed the ability of any of the
Charlottesville Neo Nazi's from ever owning a gun? How about the people who attended Tea Party gatherings?

Mentally ill people are dangerous having access to guns, but Democrats are ten times more dangerous to our Constitution if you give them a law they can manipulate to disarm Americans one by one.

My primary ones, and one in which 95% of Americans agree including over 70% of NRA Members?

Prevent unlicensed Dotards from selling with no background check on Armslist.com & many other sites or at gun shows in 22 states.
Bump stock ban also good .. and the Idiots couldn't even get that done.
Too many millions from the NRA

We seen how the Democrats used the IRS to attack their political enemies

and we've seen how the GOP let Israel murder 4k on 911, and then set up a Zionist "Homeland Security" bureaucracy to snuff out Americans who noticed....

Conspiracy time.jpeg

I would be interested in knowing how many of the mass murderers, especially school shooters, were inveterate gamers. I know a number of kids who can't exist without a device in their hands the entire day and evening. Most of those games are violent, bloody games . My three grand sons are not allowed to play those games. All 3 are outdoor types and play most sports in school. Most of the gamers are wimpy little brats or couch potatoes.

Why do i need to do a background check on my son for a family heirloom? OR my best friend buying my 9MM.
Thats ridiculous.

Are you going to know if a buyer is mentally ill? No, you won't. That's why all gun sales of any kind need to be done with a background check.

My primary ones, and one in which 95% of Americans agree including over 70% of NRA Members?

Prevent unlicensed Dotards from selling with no background check on Armslist.com & many other sites or at gun shows in 22 states.
Bump stock ban also good .. and the Idiots couldn't even get that done.
Too many millions from the NRA
NRA supported the bump stock ban..

Thats ridiculous.

Are you going to know if a buyer is mentally ill? No, you won't. That's why all gun sales of any kind need to be done with a background check.
I would know if my son or best friend got diagnosed with a mental illness.

Thats ridiculous.

The kid that shot up that school passed a background check when he purchased his AR.

I would be interested in knowing how many of the mass murderers, especially school shooters, were inveterate gamers

Were you there?

Did you see the shootings?

Did you ever see the "757" hit the Pentagon?

NO NO NO...

Get a clue - use YOUR EYES, STOP PARROTING, and START ASKING QUESTIONS....

Forum List

Back