OK, let the flaming commence:

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I have no clue what all the hubbub was about.

Go ahead, trash me, i can take it.;)

Originally posted by Dan
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I have no clue what all the hubbub was about.

Go ahead, trash me, i can take it.;)

The issue from Minas Morgul?!? The siege of Gondor?!?!? The CHARGE of the ROHIRIM!?!?!?! THE CASTING DOWN OF THE BARAD DUR!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

....but i guess if you didn't like it, you didn't like it.....

Did you like the first 2/3rds of the story?

I thought it was really good..although the ending could have been cut down some.

Twas FAR better than Chasing Amy

:finger3:

Did you like the first 2/3rds of the story?

The first one was... decent. I can't really remember anything from it, so I can't really say it was too great.

I honestly never saw the second one. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi/fantasy to begin with, I was into Star Wars as a kid, but that's about it, so maybe that's why I wasn't really into this at all. Anyway, I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is stupid. Have fun in Stupidtown watching Return of the Stupid King, stupids!;)

Originally posted by Jackass
I thought it was really good..although the ending could have been cut down some.

People keep saying that, and I really don't understand it.

You have to remember it is in effect one movie. It's not a trilogy like Star Wars when one movie takes place months, or years, after the others. The ending in LoTR:RoTK is basically the ending of one 12 hour movie. Taking that into account, and comparing it's endings to the endings of most movies, how long do you think it should have been? I've seen movies under 2hrs where the ending dragged on for 20 minutes. The LoTR:RoTK ending was certainly not 2 hours long.

I would add, they didn't put in half the length of the ending as it stood in the book.

Originally posted by Dan
The first one was... decent. I can't really remember anything from it, so I can't really say it was too great.

I honestly never saw the second one. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi/fantasy to begin with, I was into Star Wars as a kid, but that's about it, so maybe that's why I wasn't really into this at all.

Well, I think that sufficiently explains your apathetic response to it.

Anyway, I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is stupid. Have fun in Stupidtown watching Return of the Stupid King, stupids!;)

Hahaha.

Well, I think that sufficiently explains your apathetic response to it.

True, true. I kinda expected it to transcend the genre, though, since EVERYONE loved it so much. Oh, well.

Forum List

Back