OK-Indulge me in this Fantasy:

Ya know, the last three times the Chargers played the Colts in the playoffs - all with Manning at the helm - the Bolts won 'em all.

I'm just sayin'...

And if the Vikes play like they did last night, it won't be they who will be stopping the Saints.

Last edited:
I think who is playing the best going into the playoffs usually goes to the Superbowl.

Still 5 weeks left. I'll know better in a few weeks.

For now all of this is just chatter.

I've been watching Brees since his days at Purdue....he's always been a tough competitor.

It all depends on him.

He was shit with the Chargers.....too short....but a great heart. Pressure up the middle will screw him up. It depends on how well his line blocks for him and whether or not the Defense can continue to play like they have all season.

Last edited:
and yet they have only once once int he past 8 years.

MLB gives just as much variety if not more then any other sport in champions, ranging from small market to large markets. In this decade alone 7 MLB teams from all over the country have won the world series...I don't think the NFL can say that

NFL is the same way...they have a salary cap and when was the last time the Lions have been a factor in any way shape or form...

MLB gives just as much variety if not more then any other sport in champions, ranging from small market to large markets. In this decade alone 7 MLB teams from all over the country have won the world series...I don't think the NFL can say that

NFL is the same way...they have a salary cap and when was the last time the Lions have been a factor in any way shape or form...

The same few teams go every year....Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Red Sox, Detroit used to go but they can't compete anymore. Small market teams make it sometimes then sell off their players to larger markets the following season. The Yankees have won it 27 times. The other team closest to them is the Cardinals with 10.

I don't see any parity at all.

lol the phillies?

The phillies haven't been relevant practically all decade.

The Marlins with their low payroll have always lingered aroudn wild card contention

throughout this decade you have seen the Angels when they were mid payroll win the series and constantly in the playoffs

The Oakland A's who are small payroll in the playoffs

The Twins who are small payroll in the playoffs

The tigers

White Sox

Red Sox

Yankees

Padres

Seattle Mariners

Rangers

Indians

Devil Rays

Braves

Mets

Cards

Cubs

Giants

Dodgers

Diamondbacks

It's not even close the variety that MLB gives you...

And you can't use the excuse that the Yankees have the most world championships...there are the most historic franchise of all time.

The Montreal Canadians have 24 stanley cups...they dominate hockey in championships

Every year...most of the great players go to the Yankees. They buy up all of the great pitching and if their's a hitter out there he ends up in New York.

It doesn't mean they win all of the time....but they have a better chance then anyone else because they always have the best players. Other teams win on pure hustle and alot of luck.

I find it hysterical how people complain about baseball.

Yet when you take a sport say like the NBA

that since 1983 only 7 teams have won the championship

Lakers
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Bulls
Spurs
Rockets

Yet, you barely had anything.

People talk a lot about the steroid issue in MLB, but they now have the best drug screening policy in all sports.

If the NFL had a serious drug screening policy like MLB did, it would be an empty league.

Hell, half the offensive line of the Panthers was on HGH the day of the superbowl a few years back.

The bottom line is...regardless if you think its luck or not...MLB gives the largest variety of champions in the past years...and also has a large range of small market teams going into the playoffs.

NFL has a cap and there are teams that are always there...ie- colts/pats/ etc... and teams that regardless of the cap are and will continue to be irrelevant ie..Lions

OK-Indulge me in this Fantasy

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

OH BABY!

Xotoxi's being invited to indulge Ms. Zulu in one of her fantasies!

Should I bring the whips and chains?

Or maybe whipped cream and cherries?

So...what'll it be, EZ???

The Colts-undefeated

The Saints-undefeated

Super Bowl match up of the Century?

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture907-aaaahhhhhkv9-small-2.gif

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The same few teams go every year....Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Red Sox, Detroit used to go but they can't compete anymore. Small market teams make it sometimes then sell off their players to larger markets the following season. The Yankees have won it 27 times. The other team closest to them is the Cardinals with 10.

I don't see any parity at all.

The Cards always put together a pretty good team despite having the #13 payroll in the MLB.

The Cubs, on the other hand, are #2 and it hasn't helped them.

I agree it's a big money game, but it isn't all money.

The Cards have a great roster. They just seem to be worn out by the time late September/October rolls around.

I've been watching NFL for 45 years and rarely saw the Saints have a winning season let alone win in the playoffs.

To think of the SAINTS being 13-0 is inconceivable

Remember, the title is ~"Indulge me in this Fantasy" not reality lol!

Men! :mad:

It's alright. Even in victory, we will be Saintly.

We'll even let you touch the trophy.

Yo Yo Yo...............

Both our teams are STILL undefeated,,,,,13-0 baby! :cool:

Indianapolis Colts on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

:clap2:

We've got a good team this year. The good news is that it looks like we have the depth to keep a good team next year.

It's alright. Even in victory, we will be Saintly.

We'll even let you touch the trophy.

Yo Yo Yo...............

Indianapolis Colts on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

We've got a good team this year. The good news is that it looks like we have the depth to keep a good team next year.

Yep, but MY Quarterback was just on the Simpsons, can YOU say that? :cool:

Yo Yo Yo...............

My QB was just on God's talk show. You probably missed it, because it doesn't air in the armpit of the universe, I mean Indiana.

My QB was just on God's talk show. You probably missed it, because it doesn't air in the armpit of the universe, I mean Indiana.

Your QB was on Bobby Knights talk show?

Have YOU ever smelled the French Quarter? I wouldn't be talking about smelly things if I were you Holmes. :eek:

Forum List

Back