OK... I'm pissed. How the hell can I......

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
..... hook my PC up to my stereo? Yeah I can get sound, but I also get a nasty ground buzz. It isn't right. I've tried hooking it up in every hole there is on a Sony STR DE-885 receiver. I'm baffled. The stinking little Altec Lansing desk top speaker and sub system I have sound fine. Hook up to the stereo, sounds like shit with a buzz.

WHAT THE FUCK?? Do I need a sound card? Or aren't PC's intended to be hooked up to your A/V system?

I thought I was being smart loading my 200+ CD collection into my PC, and then I was just going to click, click, click to play something. Not so.

HELP!

definitely are going to need a sound card, one with stereo aux jacks. most likely you'll find a high quality professional card for around 50 to 100+

Thanks for the reply DK.

I have a subscription to Sound&Vision magazine, and lo and behold they have a forum. So I signed up quick and asked the same thing there. I found out a couple things. First, the hum is a ground loop hum, and I could probably get rid of it with a ground loop isolator. Second, the output quality of sound from the factory installed sound card in my PC is crappy. A sound card upgrade is very desirable, and I won't need the ground loop isolator.

Pay day..... :cool:

Forum List

Back