CDZ OK, I'll Try Again, How Can We Save Obamacare and Make it Actually Work for ALL of Us?

That's it....The State has totally fucked up the works, so the answer it to turn nearly all of it over to them.

How did we all miss such an obvious solution? :rolleyes:
Another one who doesn't know how it works.
I know how it works...With each passing day, this quotation becomes more prescient and apropos....

View attachment 289115
I can't make you educate yourself on this. If you want to spray out talking points, platitudes and memes, that's up to you.
Oh bite me....Your "solution" is no different in substance from the rock heads who claim that Marxism hasn't yet worked, because we haven't put the right people in charge of it.

The system is fucked up because of meddling from The State, not despite it or because the right level of central control hasn't yet been achieved.
Well, it's quite different, but you're just not informed enough to understand that.

Whatever you do, don't educate yourself on this. It's better to just spray the talking points.
The cries of the statist failure....You just don't understand it!....You just need to educate yourself!

Your system is a failure...All of the turd polish that you could possibly hope to heap on it will fail as well.

Grow the fuck up and admit defeat, cut your losses and move on.

Another one who doesn't know how it works.
I know how it works...With each passing day, this quotation becomes more prescient and apropos....

View attachment 289115
I can't make you educate yourself on this. If you want to spray out talking points, platitudes and memes, that's up to you.
Oh bite me....Your "solution" is no different in substance from the rock heads who claim that Marxism hasn't yet worked, because we haven't put the right people in charge of it.

The system is fucked up because of meddling from The State, not despite it or because the right level of central control hasn't yet been achieved.
Well, it's quite different, but you're just not informed enough to understand that.

Whatever you do, don't educate yourself on this. It's better to just spray the talking points.
The cries of the statist failure....You just don't understand it!....You just need to educate yourself!

Your system is a failure...All of the turd polish that you could possibly hope to heap on it will fail as well.

Grow the fuck up and admit defeat, cut your losses and move on.
Okay, sure will!

Medicare is a national health insurance program administered by the federal government.
Medicaid is a health insurance program that covers the poorest Americans. It is jointly funded by federal and state governments to cover low-income individuals, families with children, pregnant women, seniors, and people with disabilities. Medicaid, as a public health insurance program, also covers the most impoverished rural communities, such as those in Appalachia, the Black Belt, South Texas, and Indian reservations.

CDZ?

Anyway, that's why Medicare and Medicaid can't be combined. Doing so would remove the power individual States currently retain over the system. They'll never give that up, regardless how good or bad the idea.

What I'm talking about is much simpler than you think. There is no reason to include Medicaid in the conversation.
Yes there is. Medicare is specifically tailored to retirees while MedicAID is targeting poor people who need free healthcare.

If you turn Medicare into universal coverage, it will develop the exact same problems that MedicAID currently has.

Just ignoring this and repeating 'there is not connection' doe snot prove there is no connection whatsoever.
I don't know what you're talking about. There is no free market payment component to share/mitigate cost risk with Medicaid.

Medicare is a national health insurance program administered by the federal government.
Medicaid is a health insurance program that covers the poorest Americans. It is jointly funded by federal and state governments to cover low-income individuals, families with children, pregnant women, seniors, and people with disabilities. Medicaid, as a public health insurance program, also covers the most impoverished rural communities, such as those in Appalachia, the Black Belt, South Texas, and Indian reservations.

Tweaking MedicAID sounds much more plausible than expanding Medicare four fold to cover people that MedicAID is supposed to cover.

We need to fix MedicAID. so why not do it by a top to bottom overhaul and charge a pro-rated premium? That will bring in more money into its coffers and make it work.

Anyway, that's why Medicare and Medicaid can't be combined. Doing so would remove the power individual States currently retain over the system. They'll never give that up, regardless how good or bad the idea.
Why would states not give up a financial obligation?

Why would states not give up a financial obligation?

Well the people of MA did not want to give up their Romneycare and voted for Scott Brown to stop Obamacare.

Unfortunately for them, however, the US federal Congress bypassed the democratic vote of the people of MA by using Reconciliation to ram it down our collective throats so that they could bypass the Constitutional vote of Scott Brown to stop it.

That is why I'm in favor of states running health care and not the federal government. The federal government was never meant to determine who our doctor is or how our 1rst grader should be educated, etc., this should all be affairs of the individual states. In addition, polls show Congress has a favorability rating of less than 20% for decades, but keep getting voted in anyway.

As we have seen, the US federal government is beyond corrupt and essentially a clown show that now dictates one of our most intimate needs, which is health care. If you were concerned with the federal government stealing from Social Security by leaving worthless IOU's, you ain't seen noth'in yet!

The Republic has been subverted by radical Left collectivists that will use whatever method to obtain and keep power that they can, which we are seeing today with the witch hunt. They have no conscience, morals, and are only pretend to worship democracy so far as they can influence it through the Left wing press and academia that they have also taken over.

What I'm talking about is much simpler than you think. There is no reason to include Medicaid in the conversation.
Yes there is. Medicare is specifically tailored to retirees while MedicAID is targeting poor people who need free healthcare.

If you turn Medicare into universal coverage, it will develop the exact same problems that MedicAID currently has.

Just ignoring this and repeating 'there is not connection' doe snot prove there is no connection whatsoever.
I don't know what you're talking about. There is no free market payment component to share/mitigate cost risk with Medicaid.

Tweaking MedicAID sounds much more plausible than expanding Medicare four fold to cover people that MedicAID is supposed to cover.

We need to fix MedicAID. so why not do it by a top to bottom overhaul and charge a pro-rated premium? That will bring in more money into its coffers and make it work.
I'm talking about covering everyone with the system.

And when (not if) that fails, then what?

Okay, listen up:

The ACA is, in its essence, the very best idea republicans could muster, for 25 years, in response to the idea of the public option.

No, none of you right wing squawkers are going to come up with a better idea. Because there aren't any.

You watched Obama eat your lunch, now you hate the idea you loved for 25 years. "Private market solution! Mandates!" Predictable. But then you run into the brick wall when you are tasked with coming up with something better. Which all of you should have seen coming .... For 25 years.

Last edited:
I think having both administer different aspects of healthcare is good. Allow the States to continue catering to the specific needs of their inhabitants while the Feds ensure all are covered at some basic level and handle the non-State citizenry.

I think having both administer different aspects of healthcare is good. Allow the States to continue catering to the specific needs of their inhabitants while the Feds ensure all are covered at some basic level and handle the non-State citizenry.
If you had states run things, you would have 50 laboratories going to see what works well and what does not in actual time, instead of listening to some spin troll insist we all put our eggs in one basket and how much worse things would have been had we not done so.

But that was the intent of Federalism, which has been largely destroyed by an all powerful Federal government, something the Founding Fathers feared.

The Federal government should play referee among the states and not advance the ball while being the referee. Who is to blow the whistle on the referee? There is no one to do so.

I talked with a guy who immigrated from the UK because his kids were not being treated well in the socialized system there. He said that once you are diagnosed with something it is very hard to get overturned in a socialized system, even if it is a wrong diagnosis. In addition, you can't sue anyone if they screw you over badly.

So he came to the US and that was over 20 years ago.

But all you have to do to see what to expect is how veterans are treated in the VA. Scandal after scandal is seemingly swept under the rug. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!

You mean we don't have States running Medicaid already?
What I'm saying is, states should run the whole show.

When you get the Federal government involved, they have a tendency to shove money at states so that they will "see things their way", or threatening them with other things.

After all, for the federal government, they just run trillion dollar deficits. It's just all monopoly money to them. That way they can shove money at every man, woman, and child on the planet with their limitless pocket book so that people around the world will start to see things their way.

Take-the-partisan-political-motives-out-of-the-process,-work-together-achive-a-workable-solution.-nothing-will-ever-be-perfect.

But all you have to do to see what to expect is how veterans are treated in the VA. Scandal after scandal is seemingly swept under the rug. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!
And private insurers and hospitals dont have scandals?

And veterans can just go to the ER if they need healthcare. Can't be turned away. Right? So they're fine. Right?

Last edited:
And provate insirers and hospitals dont have scandals?

And veterans can just go to the ER if they need healthcare. Can't be turned away. Right? So they're fine. Right?
Absolutely they have scandals. Any human endeavor will have scandals. In short, people suck!

What scares the hell out of me is when you have no one to run to when it happens. That is why the ultimate power should play referee and not run the show.

Absolutely they have scandals. Any human endeavor will have scandals. In short, people suck!
The term is, "moral hazard".

And it's not an even comparison anyway. Socializing health insurance is not the same as socializing healthcare.

Forum List

Back