Ok, I'd vote for Obama over Santorum

Why should anyone be forced to accept anything they don't agree with?

What makes the pro-gay groups any different from the Nazi's??

You are still allowed to hate anyone you wish

You just can't force your views on other people. That would make you a Nazi

You're the one forcing views..........

I'm not the one legislating that one be tolerant......

Progressives demand that I neglect my faith for them...

Who the fuck are you to request that???

How are they demanding that you neglect your faith?

Does your faith require you to smash gay people's family photos? Does it say you can't be in the same room as a gay person?

Those questions might sound glib but I don't mean them that way. What exactly about allowing gays in the military would require that you neglect your faith?

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

Santorum said keep your sexuality to yourself whether you are homosexual or heterosexual and it shouldn't be part of the military.

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with Basic Allowance for Quarters (Dependent Rate) for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with paying to transport military wives as part of permanent change of station orders and eliminate the additional weight allowance for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean that Santorum wants to bar Military Weddings in military Chapels and by military Chaplains?​

I mean if you are going to say keep sex (as in sexual orientation) out of the military, then should Santorum support removing all aspects of sex from the military in terms of it's functioning.

So who is getting the "special privileges" in the military? Homosexuals simply because they can now serve or heterosexuals that are compensated thousands of dollars per year in addition income?

>>>>

Good questions.

I don't like the fact that we are having to change Military policy for a group of immoral people who are only less than 10% of the American population. I agree with Santorum and I actually think homosexuals should be purged from the military. The military doesn't need distraction nor does it need its morale degraded.

1. It' wasn't "Military policy" that was changed, it was the law, you know that thing that that Congress is supposed to do for the military under the Constitution (Article II Section 8).

2. You can agree with Santorum all you want, but the fact is that 70% of the American people and 60% of Republican's support homosexuals being able to serve under the same conditions as heterosexuals.

>>>>

Do you think the military should ban colored people because some people might not want to serve with them?

Do you think the military should ban Jews because some people might not want to serve with them?

Do you think the military should ban females because some people might not want to serve with them?

If the answer is no, then please explain that "forcing of views" is acceptable yet allowing homosexuals to serve under the same rules is not since 70% of people supported the repeal of DADT.

Should the views of a minority be used against the will of the majority to discriminate against a certain group?

>>>>

Does your faith require you to smash gay people's family photos? Does it say you can't be in the same room as a gay person?

Those questions might sound glib but I don't mean them that way. What exactly about allowing gays in the military would require that you neglect your faith?

Don't be dramatic...

Homosexuality is wrong... I have every right to believe that and bitches have zero right to create consequences for my belief.

As a libertarian I have no opinion on sexuality, nor do I oppose civil unions, however that doesn't mean I agree with them...

I respect freedom....

I wouldn't expect many to understand the notion that I can separate morals and ethics, even if they contradict one another.

Nobody is legislating that you be tolerant. You are free to hate whoever you wish. If your faith says you should hate gays....go at it

You are just not free to force your hatred on other people ...or the military

Santorum said that he'd reinstate DADT if he got elected.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

I don't care what sexual preference you are, whether it be in the private sector or public or military, Your sexual preference is a personal issue and one that's of absolutely no interest to me or anyone else nor is it anyone else's business unless you are a sexual preditor, no one cares. Do the job, do it well, that's all most people care about.

Don't be dramatic...

Homosexuality is wrong... I have every right to believe that and bitches have zero right to create consequences for my belief.

As a libertarian I have no opinion on sexuality, nor do I oppose civil unions, however that doesn't mean I agree with them...

I respect freedom....

I wouldn't expect many to understand the notion that I can separate morals and ethics, even if they contradict one another.

Of course you have a right to believe that. I just don't see how anyone is demanding that you not believe that.

Sorry.

Don't be dramatic...

I respect freedom....

You are no fucking libertarian

Who are you to demand that big government enforce your hatred against gays?

Do you think the military should ban colored people because some people might not want to serve with them?

Do you think the military should ban Jews because some people might not want to serve with them?

Do you think the military should ban females because some people might not want to serve with them?

If the answer is no, then please explain that "forcing of views" is acceptable yet allowing homosexuals to serve under the same rules is not since 70% of people supported the repeal of DADT.

Should the views of a minority be used against the will of the majority to discriminate against a certain group?

>>>>

Apparently my point went over your head...

People have every right to not like a "group"

Why stop at blacks or Jews??

Group anything you'd like - those who like lobster, those who hate lobster, those who love hockey, those who hate it...

You can never force a man to like someone they don't like...

Legislation will never change that...

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

The gays did..they just didnt want to get booted out if someone decided to get into their personal lives and out them.

It must have been horrible to have to hide it and worry about it every single day...will I get outed today? To have to worry about that every day...damn. That must have sucked.

I am glad this is finally over. We all knew who was gay when I was in and I dont ever remember it being a thing. You are either a good worker or a bad one. Sexuality has nothing to do with it. How could it?

Sanatorium, welcome to 2011...its not the "good ol days" anymore old homophobe.

I listened to a guy on the radio today and he said something interesting. If you are an old homophobe, eventually even your own children are going to denounce you. Its time to embrace change and get fucking over it.

Don't be dramatic...

I respect freedom....

The hell I'm not....

I never demanded government do a fucking thing... I'm merely challenging PC views...

I have a huge problem with GOVERNMENT telling people what they should do and the establishment of DADT is exactly that - forcing people to accept homosexuality....

It's no different than the government shoving food you don't care for down your throat (which they're doing)...

Santorum said that he'd reinstate DADT if he got elected.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

You realize that repealing DADT was entirely a political issue pushed by the Left and radical gays with an agenda, right? The military was fine with the way things were.
Santorum is right: it was social engineering.

The military were fine with DADT? Why did they have so much research that contradicts what you just said? Were the gays in the military fine with it as well? You do realize they were being kicked the fuck out from fighting for this country because of people like you?

You stink.

>>>>

Group anything you'd like - those who like lobster, those who hate lobster, those who love hockey, those who hate it...

God...are you really this lame?

Who is legislating that YOU do anything?

Don't be dramatic...

I respect freedom....

Of course you have a right to believe that. I just don't see how anyone is demanding that you not believe that.

Sorry.

Take a look at this thread...

In what universe have all the retards not been socially engineered?

Don't be dramatic...

I respect freedom....

The hell I'm not....

I never demanded government do a fucking thing... I'm merely challenging PC views...

I have a huge problem with GOVERNMENT telling people what they should do and the establishment of DADT is exactly that - forcing people to accept homosexuality....

It's no different than the government shoving food you don't care for down your throat (which they're doing)...

What kind of Libertarian would tell the Military that they should discriminate against their members because of your own personal beliefs?

You are a phony.....you are no libertarian

So it's either Romney or Obama. Like being offered the choice between boiled pig's feet and boiled monkey butt. Either way the reaction is "Yuck!"

Now with that I must agree. Yuck indeed. Faced with that choice (or, really, faced with any of the current Republican candidates or Obama) I'll vote for Obama, but over the last few years I have ceased to have much hope in him. I think that's true of most of his supporters from 2008. He has really let us down.

Well, perhaps he can get more done in his second term since now he knows all the tricks they can throw at him.

I cant wait until 2012..I think by then, he will have seen everything they can do.

>>>>

I agree, but your previous statement appeared to support the whole idea that legislation should support the exclusion of groups because some people might not like being in the military with them. You appeared to be fine with the law being used to exclude homosexuals, why not blacks? or Jews? Or Females?

If it's OK for homosexuals but not OK for blacks, Jews, and women - why? Isn't it "forcing" something on someone?

>>>>

Last edited:

>>>>

God...are you really this lame?

Who is legislating that YOU do anything?

Are you fucking retarded?

How the fuck do you think DADT was abolished you fucking dummy?

Not to mention I can come up with several hundred pieces of legislation that control all our lives....

Sponsored by democrats none the less....

I refer to progressives as authoritarians for a reason you know.....

>>>>

I agree, but your previous statement appeared to support the whole idea that legislation should support the exclusion of groups because some people might not like being in the military with them. You appeared to be fine with the law being used to exclude homosexuals, why not blacks? or Jews? Or Females?

If it's OK for homosexuals but not OK for blacks, Jews, and women - why? Isn't it "forcing" something on someone?

>>>>

No, I would never suggest the government should oppress homosexuals - my comments are merely philosophical - meaning that an individual is a unique person that possesses their own feelings and emotions and that they make their own decisions and that disagreeing with one anothers lifestyle is perfectly fine and only natural.

Forum List

Back