Ok, I'd vote for Obama over Santorum

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
Santorum said that he'd reinstate DADT if he got elected.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

You realize that repealing DADT was entirely a political issue pushed by the Left and radical gays with an agenda, right? The military was fine with the way things were.
Santorum is right: it was social engineering.

You realize that repealing DADT was entirely a political issue pushed by the Left and radical gays with an agenda, right? The military was fine with the way things were.

Actually, the military was not "fine" with the way things were. Thousands of linguists were discharged or left the military due to DADT. The military still has an extreme shortage of linguists.

How does pushing those folks out serve the mission?

Yeah, that's stupid as sh1t. From both a practical and intel perspective.
At this point, the only two candidates on the stage I would vote for are Herman Cain or Mitt Romney. And Cain's out. So it's either Romney or Obama. Like being offered the choice between boiled pig's feet and boiled monkey butt. Either way the reaction is "Yuck!"

Actually, the military was not "fine" with the way things were. Thousands of linguists were discharged or left the military due to DADT. The military still has an extreme shortage of linguists.

Non-sequitur of the evening.
Please show where the military establishment wanted DADT repealled.

People shouldn't be this stupid, and yet here you are proving that statement wrong.

Hint: If you think something is stupid, you probably don't understand it.

So it's either Romney or Obama. Like being offered the choice between boiled pig's feet and boiled monkey butt. Either way the reaction is "Yuck!"

Now with that I must agree. Yuck indeed. Faced with that choice (or, really, faced with any of the current Republican candidates or Obama) I'll vote for Obama, but over the last few years I have ceased to have much hope in him. I think that's true of most of his supporters from 2008. He has really let us down.

Then why reinstate DADT?

Because our soldier's sex life is totally irrelevant. We dont need to know it.

then ignore it, but they do know it and are fine with it.

Nobody cares in the military that you dislike it. Your opinion is irrelevant.

You surveyed everyone in the military? I don't know how you could ask with your mouth full.
His opinion is not irrelevant, since he pays taxes to support the military like the rest of us.

oh i understand you perfectly, and you are a fucking retard. you are not some complex equation that you need some Janitor to solve it.

A first grader would be more than enough.

You're completely clueless, aren't you?

i just didnt call repealing this social engineering.....you did.

I cant tell what you mean by "this". The inability to articulate what you mean marks you as having an inferior education and inferior intelligence.
If you mean repealing DADT was social engineering then yes, it was social engineering. It certainly didnt have anything to do with morale. Most soldiers were against it, as was the Pentagon.

Yeah, that's stupid as sh1t. From both a practical and intel perspective.
At this point, the only two candidates on the stage I would vote for are Herman Cain or Mitt Romney. And Cain's out. So it's either Romney or Obama. Like being offered the choice between boiled pig's feet and boiled monkey butt. Either way the reaction is "Yuck!"

Why is Cain out?

Regardless, repealing it was the right thing to do. If someone is willing to fight and die for their country, the government should not be concerned about their sexual preference.

Non-sequitur of the evening.
Please show where the military establishment wanted DADT repealled.

Please show me the relevance, and why should we listen to the "military establishment?"

Regardless, repealing it was the right thing to do. If someone is willing to fight and die for their country, the government should not be concerned about their sexual preference.

But only as it pertains to the mission, not some social justice movement.

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

DADT isn't keeping your personal life to yourself. It's actively hiding who you are...which straight soldiers aren't made to do.

Saying it's irrelevant means you think that straights and gays should be treated the same way.

Forum List

Back