ok i knew they were waterboarding but.........

It's already be proven in documentation that she was briefed more than once on the practice. She flat out lied and denied having seen or heard any such information. I have to go with Manu on this one....she's a lying douchebag.
Nope, the documents that were released were unclear and so was the FBI...they admitted they didn't know what she was told.

I've never seen anything that detailed what she was briefed about either.

If she was told they were going to use "enhanced techniques" and that they were legal, I'm not sure how much blame Pelosi deserves. Is she some expert in torture law? Did she have some role to play in authorizing whether or not to use these techniques? Was she informed that people had previously been prosecuted for them by our government?

Unless there is evidence that she was told what they were doing, had some capability to stop it or not authorize it, and had reason to know that the techniques they were using were in fact of suspect legality, I don't know why she would be expected to shoulder a lot of the blame for it occurring.

And the irony is that a lot of the folks who are bitching about Pelosi not taking action to stop this seem to be in favor that it occurred, so what is the complaint from them, expect to divert attention from the real actors who authorized and facilitated these practices.
I meant CIA, btw...not FBI. From what I've read no one knows who was told what...Harman's letter contains redacted text so there is no way of telling if she was talking about waterboarding or just trying to make sure whatever being done was legal.

Pelosi said she wasn't told.

The CIA doesn't know if she was told.

It was also stated that Bob Graham was told. He says he wasn't...and I tend to believe him.

I still think nothing will be done, and that's a shame...but putting a former president in the slammer is not something any politician wants to be associated with.

I think we will just have to be content with the claim by Obama that there will be no more torture.

Nope, the documents that were released were unclear and so was the FBI...they admitted they didn't know what she was told.

If she was told they were going to use "enhanced techniques" and that they were legal, I'm not sure how much blame Pelosi deserves. Is she some expert in torture law? Did she have some role to play in authorizing whether or not to use these techniques? Was she informed that people had previously been prosecuted for them by our government?

Unless there is evidence that she was told what they were doing, had some capability to stop it or not authorize it, and had reason to know that the techniques they were using were in fact of suspect legality, I don't know why she would be expected to shoulder a lot of the blame for it occurring.

And the irony is that a lot of the folks who are bitching about Pelosi not taking action to stop this seem to be in favor that it occurred, so what is the complaint from them, expect to divert attention from the real actors who authorized and facilitated these practices.

she deserves no blame or credit ..... she should not keep changing her story though.....that is what makes her a douche...
Where is the quote I asked for? I don't see where she has changed her story.

And you still have no evidence that she did.

first she said she had no knowledge......

then she said she knew that it might be used...

now they say she knew but didn't want to say anything......

anyway...you have no evidence she didn't.....and since she lied once.....she can't be believed...

I got the impression you thought she hadn't done her job or something. So what if she knew about it. Unless she knew it was illegal or she had some role in authorizing the conduct, bfd.

nah....she just keeps lying and spinning.....she has done that her entire political career....remember her chanting “the culture of corruption”….she is just projecting….did the same thing in local stuff here….

she deserves no blame or credit ..... she should not keep changing her story though.....that is what makes her a douche...

Well I'm not a big Pelosi fan so I'll leave it a that.

she said she knew nothing.....then she came out and said she had been told they might use it....i watched her say it in her press conferences....soon she will "remember" that she was told they were doing it and had been told but was afraid to speak out....

watch....

I still waiting to see where Pelosi's hypocrisy is.

If she was claiming the Bush admin should be prosecuted for doing this and she knew about it, that would be one thing, but I haven't her her take any position like that.

she said she knew nothing.....then she came out and said she had been told they might use it....i watched her say it in her press conferences....soon she will "remember" that she was told they were doing it and had been told but was afraid to speak out....

watch....
Sorry, I'd like to believe you but I would need a link. After all, you swallowed the OP with out any critical thought. :tongue:

All politicians of all political persuasions from every country in the world are the scum of the fucking earth, but Joe public being the feeble minded lazy arsed bastard that he is prefers to elect these shithouses to do his dirty work then crys over the spilt milk.

Amazing how her story keeps changing.

'I didn't know'

'I was lied to'

'They said it was leagal'

'I was sworn to secracy'

Everyday a new tale, and never the truth.

It's already be proven in documentation that she was briefed more than once on the practice. She flat out lied and denied having seen or heard any such information. I have to go with Manu on this one....she's a lying douchebag.

There is some log memo that I saw a few days ago (don't have time to go looking for it) which showed the attendees to those meetings. The problem with Pelosi's initial statement that no torture method was discussed that raised immediate eyebrows, then why is it others like Jane Harmon and Bob Graham were HIGHLY concerned over the discussions in these meetings?

Pelosi should have just shut up. As usual, it's always the coverup that gets someone in trouble, rarely the actual deed.

Ah, now where is the liberal outrage over Pelosis repeatedly lying about this situation?

She attempted to take the critical issue of our nation's security and blatantly politicize it - with the full blessing of the White House to be sure.

And now that she has been trapped in the idiotic tapestry of her own lies, the media has been hardly mentioning the "torture" issue, and misdirecting news coverage elsewhere.

If Pelosi were Republican, there would be busloads of Acorn protestors, with delighted news camera coverage, rolling up outside Congress right now marching for Pelosi's head on a platter.

PELOSI LIED - repeatedly.

And what do some in this very thread respond with? That we should still be more angry with Bush for allowing "torture"?

No, you should be more angry with the matter at hand - Nancy Pelosi attempted to sacrifice people within the intelligence agency who were working to keep America safe. She was silent on the very issue she professed ignorance over for years - nay, her public silence was actually policy SUPPORT of those very policies she more recently attempted to politically demonize. In doing so she and her party have brought greater danger to the security of this country.

What Pelosi has done - is doing - is among the most shameful acts in recent American politics.

There is some log memo that I saw a few days ago (don't have time to go looking for it) which showed the attendees to those meetings. The problem with Pelosi's initial statement that no torture method was discussed that raised immediate eyebrows, then why is it others like Jane Harmon and Bob Graham were HIGHLY concerned over the discussions in these meetings?

Pelosi should have just shut up. As usual, it's always the coverup that gets someone in trouble, rarely the actual deed.
Bob Graham also says he wasn't told about waterboarding so I'm not sure what your point is. And Harman's letter didn't mention waterboarding.

Whenever the media and congressmen are all running their mouths about something as pointless as this or the Mexican Flu I start to worry about what it is they are distracting us from. Who cares about this? Nancy Pelosi lied, there's a newsflash. Did we expect her to tell the truth? Did we expect the media to call her out on it?

Waterboarding: Is it torture? Who knows. I'd say that it is at least close. I'm against all torture, but just don't know if this fits the bill. Bottom line- they only did it to one or two guys, who cares? Are you really going to rush to Zubadi's aid when there are more important things to worry about? I'd say that waterboarding that guy is less bad than what so many of our congressmen have done and gotten away with. Cynthia McKinney and William Jefferson always come to mind, but there have been dozens here lately who are getting passes as well.

Whenever the media and congressmen are all running their mouths about something as pointless as this or the Mexican Flu I start to worry about what it is they are distracting us from. Who cares about this? Nancy Pelosi lied, there's a newsflash. Did we expect her to tell the truth? Did we expect the media to call her out on it?

Waterboarding: Is it torture? Who knows. I'd say that it is at least close. I'm against all torture, but just don't know if this fits the bill. Bottom line- they only did it to one or two guys, who cares? Are you really going to rush to Zubadi's aid when there are more important things to worry about? I'd say that waterboarding that guy is less bad than what so many of our congressmen have done and gotten away with. Cynthia McKinney and William Jefferson always come to mind, but there have been dozens here lately who are getting passes as well.

Well, hell, we thought it was important enough about whether the president fibbed about getting a BJ to go through a 6 month impeachment process, I'd think whether or not the government purposely circumvented torture laws is at least as important as that.

Well, hell, we thought it was important enough about whether the president fibbed about getting a BJ to go through a 6 month impeachment process, I'd think whether or not the government purposely circumvented torture laws is at least as important as that.
Is that a felony? And who would you indict, half the federal government, 2/3rds?

Is that a felony? And who would you indict, half the federal government, 2/3rds?

Don't know; that is what investigations are for.

Bob Graham also says he wasn't told about waterboarding so I'm not sure what your point is. And Harman's letter didn't mention waterboarding.

When Graham was a candidate for president in 2003, wasn't it him who vociferously spoke out about the secret concoctions of evidence between the CIA and the Executive Branch? As I recall, he could not be specific because the information he was privy to was still highly classified, but Bob Graham knew more than the other nine candidates standing next to him, by virtue of his position on the Senate Intelligence Committee's select group to receive eyes-only information. I could swear I saw a recent statement by him that confirmed his objection to the waterboarding issue, but I could be wrong.

We know that Jefferson was taking bribes, but what did McKinney do other than just act like a dumb broad?

Forum List

Back