ok i knew they were waterboarding but.........

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
couldn't say anything.....what a douchebag....

Pelosi defense: couldn't object in '03 - Glenn Thrush and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi learned in early 2003 that the Bush administration was waterboarding terror detainees but didn’t protest directly out of respect for “appropriate” legislative channels, a person familiar with the situation said Monday.

The Pelosi camp’s version of events is intended to answer two key questions posed by her critics: When, precisely, did she first learn about waterboarding? And why didn’t she do more to stop it?

Pelosi has disputed a CIA document, released last week, that shows she was briefed in September 2002 on the “particular” interrogation techniques the United States had used on Al Qaeda leader Abu Zubaydah. Pelosi has said she was told then only that the Bush administration was considering using certain techniques in the future — and that it had the legal authority to do so.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Pelosi defense: couldn't object in '03 - Glenn Thrush and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi learned in early 2003 that the Bush administration was waterboarding terror detainees but didn’t protest directly out of respect for “appropriate” legislative channels, a person familiar with the situation said Monday.

The Pelosi camp’s version of events is intended to answer two key questions posed by her critics: When, precisely, did she first learn about waterboarding? And why didn’t she do more to stop it?

Pelosi has disputed a CIA document, released last week, that shows she was briefed in September 2002 on the “particular” interrogation techniques the United States had used on Al Qaeda leader Abu Zubaydah. Pelosi has said she was told then only that the Bush administration was considering using certain techniques in the future — and that it had the legal authority to do so.

As much as you might be angry with Pelosi for not being aware of the illegality of what was going on and/or for not taking greater action to prevent it; you must be angier at the Bush Administration and "Justice" officials who directly facilitated and authorized these practices.

This whole thing is similar to the old tale of the man who strangles his wife to death, and then turns to his shocked friend, saying "you didn't stop me, you're culpable too."

As much as you might be angry with Pelosi for not being aware of the illegality of what was going on and/or for not taking greater action to prevent it; you must be angier at the Bush Administration and "Justice" officials who directly facilitated and authorized these practices.

not really.....i have no problem with the way the terrorists were dealt with....

This whole thing is similar to the old tale of the man who strangles his wife to death, and then turns to his shocked friend, saying "you didn't stop me, you're culpable too."

more like he told his friend he was going to strangle his wife....then went and did it....

except in this case no one died of strangulation....

Will Cheney give her the top bunk doyathink? :eusa_angel:

Uh, not at all. The problem with Pelosi is the sheer hypocrisy she's displayed. My personal opionion is that the Bush Administration and "Justice" officials did what they felt they had to in order to prevent this nation's people from taking another hit.

not really.....i have no problem with the way the terrorists were dealt with....

If you have no problem with the way the terrorists were dealt with, then why did you call Pelosi a douchebag for not stopping them from waterboarding?

ok i knew they were waterboarding but......... couldn't say anything.....what a douchebag....

i didn't see where i gave that reason .... she said she never knew...

If you have no problem with the way the terrorists were dealt with, then why did you call Pelosi a douchebag for not stopping them from waterboarding?

ok i knew they were waterboarding but......... couldn't say anything.....what a douchebag....

And you still have no evidence that she did.

first she said she had no knowledge......

then she said she knew that it might be used...

now they say she knew but didn't want to say anything......

anyway...you have no evidence she didn't.....and since she lied once.....she can't be believed...

Uh, not at all. The problem with Pelosi is the sheer hypocrisy she's displayed. My personal opionion is that the Bush Administration and "Justice" officials did what they felt they had to in order to prevent this nation's people from taking another hit.

What hypocrisy? Was Pelosi calling for Bush admin folks to be prosecuted for allowing waterboarding?

anyway...you have no evidence she didn't.....and since she lied once.....she can't be believed...
Where is her quote saying she knew it might be used?

What you seem to have is a bunch of speculation and comments from unnamed sources. I can't even say she lied once, and neither can you. But you believe it...for your own reasons.

I'd like to know the truth of the matter, and like I said, there hasn't been anything but speculation.

It's already be proven in documentation that she was briefed more than once on the practice. She flat out lied and denied having seen or heard any such information. I have to go with Manu on this one....she's a lying douchebag.

I got the impression you thought she hadn't done her job or something. So what if she knew about it. Unless she knew it was illegal or she had some role in authorizing the conduct, bfd.

It's already be proven in documentation that she was briefed more than once on the practice. She flat out lied and denied having seen or heard any such information. I have to go with Manu on this one....she's a lying douchebag.
Nope, the documents that were released were unclear and so was the FBI...they admitted they didn't know what she was told.

Nope, the documents that were released were unclear and so was the FBI...they admitted they didn't know what she was told.

I've never seen anything that detailed what she was briefed about either.

If she was told they were going to use "enhanced techniques" and that they were legal, I'm not sure how much blame Pelosi deserves. Is she some expert in torture law? Did she have some role to play in authorizing whether or not to use these techniques? Was she informed that people had previously been prosecuted for them by our government?

Unless there is evidence that she was told what they were doing, had some capability to stop it or not authorize it, and had reason to know that the techniques they were using were in fact of suspect legality, I don't know why she would be expected to shoulder a lot of the blame for it occurring.

And the irony is that a lot of the folks who are bitching about Pelosi not taking action to stop this seem to be in favor that it occurred, so what is the complaint from them, expect to divert attention from the real actors who authorized and facilitated these practices.

I've never seen anything that detailed what she was briefed about either.

If she was told they were going to use "enhanced techniques" and that they were legal, I'm not sure how much blame Pelosi deserves. Is she some expert in torture law? Did she have some role to play in authorizing whether or not to use these techniques? Was she informed that people had previously been prosecuted for them by our government?

Unless there is evidence that she was told what they were doing, had some capability to stop it or not authorize it, and had reason to know that the techniques they were using were in fact of suspect legality, I don't know why she would be expected to shoulder a lot of the blame for it occurring.

And the irony is that a lot of the folks who are bitching about Pelosi not taking action to stop this seem to be in favor that it occurred, so what is the complaint from them, expect to divert attention from the real actors who authorized and facilitated these practices.

she deserves no blame or credit ..... she should not keep changing her story though.....that is what makes her a douche...

Forum List

Back