Ok. ENOUGH! American RACE relations must be explored!

I find it hard to believe that you could even read a book. Don't get ahead of yourself.

And FDR didn't lock up "Asians," he threw Japanese Americans into concentration camps.

When you correct someone it's best to be right yourself.

FDR put them in internment camps.

The English and the Nazis used concentration camps.

Do empty (and false) semantics make you feel any better about it?

God I do so love the irony.

We kept Japs in internment camps.

the Nazis killed used, tortured and killed million in concentration camps.

that's not semantics or splitting hairs

When you correct someone it's best to be right yourself.

FDR put them in internment camps.

The English and the Nazis used concentration camps.

As long as you are focused on terminology, the word is "Japanese."

As for the rest, would you not describe the camps as guarded compounds where a civilian ethnic minority was detained? Yes, you would.

As for the rest, would you not describe the camps as guarded compounds where a civilian ethnic minority was detained? Yes, you would.

Well, the camps didn't hold only Japanese - they held Italians and communists as well.

Well, the camps didn't hold only Japanese - they held Italians and communists as well.

Not in the same camps where Japanese-Americans were 'concentrated.' A number of German immigrants were detained throughout the war as well (a greater number than Italians, though both Italians and Germans together were a tiny, tiny fraction of the number of Japanese-Americans thus 'concentrated') also held in separate facilities.

Not in the same camps where Japanese-Americans were 'concentrated.' A number of German immigrants were detained throughout the war as well (a greater number than Italians, though both Italians and Germans together were a tiny, tiny fraction of the number of Japanese-Americans thus 'concentrated') also held in separate facilities.

No they were in the same camps..

Many camps were integrated...

I recently (last 6 months or so) watched a documentary on the self segregation that went on in the camps...

Of the relatively small number of Italians held in detainment during the war almost all were non-US citizens (of course) in contrast with the thousands and thousands of nisei who were held in concentration camps.

As for integration, you may be mistaking the camps in question here with facilities holding actual POWs from the war such as the one in New Mexico. An obviously huge distinction.

I don't remember the video..

I'd say it was from the late 90's considering many of those in the video who were in the camps voiced their opinion on what went on in the camps.. Many are probably dead by now or in their late 80's or 90's and beyond...

I believe it was a History Channel documentary...

I'm not lying.... I'm not going to lie to you -- I would find doing such to be rude and counterproductive to everything I stand for...

Of the relatively small number of Italians held in detainment during the war almost all were non-US citizens (of course) in contrast with the thousands and thousands of nisei who were held in concentration camps.

As for integration, you may be mistaking the camps in question here with facilities holding actual POWs from the war such as the one in New Mexico. An obviously huge distinction.

Many Italian US citizens were placed in camps..

Just so you know I am Sicilian and I know my history, especially 20th century history of my people (which are often confused with Italians, yet we're an entirely different breed of people).....

I'd say it was from the late 90's considering many of those in the video who were in the camps voiced their opinion on what went on in the camps.. Many are probably dead by now or in their late 80's or 90's and beyond...

I'm not lying.... I'm not going to lie to you -- I would find doing such to be rude and counterproductive to everything I stand for...

You don't have to be lying to be mistaken.

Many Italian US citizens were placed in camps.......

A very small number, not that even ONE was acceptable nor that the scumbag FDR should be forgiven.

The largest number of Italian-Americans had to deal with restrictions on travel and commerce, though even this was lifted long before the war ended. Italian citizens visiting or doing business in the US when war was officially declared were for the most part allowed to leave. Italian immigrants who had not become naturalized US citizens yet came under the harshest scrutiny, with some US citizens indiscriminantly caught up in the fervor of the times. Of the relatively small number of Italians detained for the duration of the war (a much greater number of Germans were - both together a tiny fraction of the number of Japanese-Americans deprived of their rights) only a fraction were US citizens. None of which, again, in any way forgives the outrages of FDR.

You don't have to be lying to be mistaken.

I'm not - my memory is a gift...

I wouldn't mention the video if I didn't remember it. I just don't remember the name.

Ironically, I have a fantastic memory when it comes to content/substance but I suck with names and titles...

I can remember all the content I read, however if you asked me which books I have read I could only give you a short list..

Maybe because I just don't care... History is history and the truth is the truth... Of course you have to read multiple perspectives to truly find the truth, which is why I find it best to read books from the era being discussed or seek those involved in a particular subject.

Your declaration of having a wonderful memory is proof of nothing. You can either substaniate your claims or you can't.

and...it looks like you can't

Aren't you the least bit embarrassed to have been boasting, "I could write a book about this shit," when the totality of your knowledge on the matter seems to be some TV program you saw 6 months ago and can't really remember? wtf?

That would be one awfully short book.

Last edited:
Your declaration of having a wonderful memory is proof of nothing. You can either substaniate your claims or you can't.

What happens when I do??

Then you will put forth a counter argument...

So why the fuck would I go out of my way and spend time to provide evidence you will just attempt to bash???

I'm not dumb like you..

What happens when I do??

So why the fuck would I go out of my way and spend time to provide evidence you will just attempt to bash???

I'm not dumb like you..

In other words, you were just talking out your ass AGAIN and cannot support your claims. Why bother to keep making such claims when you have to know you will just end up looking stupid AGAIN?

Aren't you the least bit embarrassed to have been boasting, "I could write a book about this shit," when the totality of your knowledge on the matter seems to be some TV program you saw 6 months ago and can't really remember? wtf?

If I wanted to I could give you citations that the earth is flat, or that Columbus was the first to land on the "New World."

I don't play games with ignorant fucks, especially not over common knowledge..

I don't play that shit...

You may as well ask "why" because you would get a better answer.

What happens when I do??

I'm not dumb like you..

In other words, you were just talking out your ass AGAIN and cannot support your claims. Why bother to keep making such claims when you have to know you will just end up looking stupid AGAIN?

Guess what bitch? I'm not your teacher...

If you want information then you can pay me for it bitch...

If I wanted to I could give you citations that the earth is flat, or that Columbus was the first to land on the "New World."

I don't play games with ignorant fucks, especially not over common knowledge..

I don't play that shit...

You may as well ask "why" because you would get a better answer.

In other words, you have been exposed yet AGAIN as talking out your ass but are too shameless to feel the appropriate level of humiliation that you have called down upon yourself AGAIN.

Forum List

Back