OK Death Penalty Opponents - Now What ?

Saudi Arabia and the Muslims. China, India,

None of Europe or North America
So then the ones in Europe and NA are RISKING the lives of those the convicted killers will kill, right ? (as crime history statistically confirms)

Just recently in MA, there were several cases of people who work in forensics labs tampering with evidence.

Chemist Pleads Guilty In Massachusetts Crime Lab Scandal
Then those would not be in the classification of 100% positive evidence, right ?

So what about those who ARE in the classification of 100% positive evidence ?

They were at some point when the evidence was tampered with. Thankfully it was found out. What about the times when it isn't, or when it isn't until the person has been put to death already?

Government Misconduct — The Innocence Project

No
Actually they are looking at us and saying......
They think they are exceptional?

f_sorry.gif
to have to break this to you, but YES they ARE RISKING the lives of those the convicted killers will kill. And everyone who speaks out against the death penalty, and votes against it, shares some blame for the deaths of all those innocent people. If all of Europe oppose the death penalty, then all of Europe is complicit in all those needless killings.

Except that the DNA labs are often corrupted.

Google "FBI Lab Scandal".

Even then, the labs only have the DNA that the police collect. What if the cops are corrupt?

Sorry, it doesn't wash.
But there are some situation where proof of guilt is 100% positive, undeniable (as I illustrated in previous posts). To allow that killer to go on living for decades, is irresponsible, and any killings he/she commits during that time, is the blame of those who didn't execute when they could/should have.

They were at some point when the evidence was tampered with. Thankfully it was found out. What about the times when it isn't, or when it isn't until the person has been put to death already?

I'll answer that AFTER you answer my question which came first >> "So what about those who ARE in the classification of 100% positive evidence ? (as I provided examples previously)

I'll answer that AFTER you answer my question which came first >> "So what about those who ARE in the classification of 100% positive evidence ? (as I provided examples previously)
We sentence them to life in prison without parole..... Just like the rest of the civilized world

Naw, I probably ignored it with m ost of the rest of your crazy.

The problem is, you can NEVER, EVER be 100% sure.
Sure you can. I just watched the Super Bowl on TV. So did millions of people all around the world. So if someone murdered someone in cold blood during that football game, and it was recorded on video, plus millions of people saw it happen live, you CAN be sure. 100% sure.

We sentence them to life in prison without parole..... Just like the rest of the civilized world
And then you are RISKING the lives of all those people who that killer may choose to kill for the rest of his life. What would you say to the families of those people whose family member was killed by a killer who had been imprisoned instead of executed ? >> knowing that if the killer had been executed, their family member would never have been killed, and would still be alive now.

Your deflection is noted.

Take your question up with the juries that gave life.
NO. YOU are the one who is deflecting (ie running away) from MY point, about RISK of allowing convicted killers to be able to kill again.

Your deflection is noted.

Take your question up with the juries that gave life.
NO. YOU are the one who is deflecting (ie running away) from MY point, about RISK of allowing convicted killers to be able to kill again.
We all understand your argument here, protectionist. The difference remains that many of us don't agree with your absolutist argument. Take it up with the juries.

I saw this awesome movie starring Rutger Howard years ago, and I would go with the 'prison' concept in this movie. In the movie:

- The worst of the worst were housed in this prison.

- There were no walls to keep them in - just electronic pylons that surrounded the prison.

- Each inmate had an electronic collar placed around their neck. Try to take it off, it blows your head off. Step outside the pylons surrounding the prison, 20 seconds later, your head is blown off.

- Even better, inmates police themselves to ensure no one tries to escape because every collar is paired to another inmate's collar...but they don't know which one. 'Two for the price of one' - if one person tries to run, not only does his head get blown off but so does someone else's.

...problem solved.

I would add on the 'shock collar' accessory, though. Inmates try to rebel inside the prison, zap 'em.

We all understand your argument here, protectionist. The difference remains that many of us don't agree with your absolutist argument. Take it up with the juries.

It isn't absolutist anything. The word GAMBLE is more correct in this instance. That's what you're doing, by allowing killers to live (in or out of prison), and there is nothing to agree or disagree. The gamble is a FACT, not opinion, and the people who have been killed by spared killers, are dead. That is FACT, and I'll take it up with anybody, anywhere, on a jury or not.

I saw this awesome movie starring Rutger Howard years ago, and I would go with the 'prison' concept in this movie. In the movie:

- The worst of the worst were housed in this prison.

- There were no walls to keep them in - just electronic pylons that surrounded the prison.

- Each inmate had an electronic collar placed around their neck. Try to take it off, it blows your head off. Step outside the pylons surrounding the prison, 20 seconds later, your head is blown off.

- Even better, inmates police themselves to ensure no one tries to escape because every collar is paired to another inmate's collar...but they don't know which one. 'Two for the price of one' - if one person tries to run, not only does his head get blown off but so does someone else's.

...problem solved.

I would add on the 'shock collar' accessory, though. Inmates try to rebel inside the prison, zap 'em.
How does any of this stop convicted killer prisoners from killing again ? That is the "problem."

Forum List

Back