ok catfish guys

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
i found a good site for catfisherman. its called the The Brotherhood of Catfisherman. interesting site to say the least. listings for every state. im trying to hook up with the clinton area on june 25. i cant actually go as i have to work, but jsut wanna go meet a few of them.

mad information there. there is also threads for other fish too . as well as hunting and boating. they also have a tiny politcal section that i had to actually ask permission to access. not sure why though, wasnt really too interesting. but everything else about cats in over there.

Johnney said:
i found a good site for catfisherman. its called the The Brotherhood of Catfisherman. interesting site to say the least. listings for every state. im trying to hook up with the clinton area on june 25. i cant actually go as i have to work, but jsut wanna go meet a few of them.

mad information there. there is also threads for other fish too . as well as hunting and boating. they also have a tiny politcal section that i had to actually ask permission to access. not sure why though, wasnt really too interesting. but everything else about cats in over there.

sounds great--just saw on the news the other day where a 120lb record was caught---nearly 6 feet long !

i think i heard something like that also. but then again the days just seem to blend together most of the time.
wouldnt that be a trip tp ull something that huge in?!!

Johnney said:
i think i heard something like that also. but then again the days just seem to blend together most of the time.
wouldnt that be a trip tp ull something that huge in?!!
no joke---took em an hour---they kept the thing alive and put it in an aquarium somewhere--would love to see it

I saw the news story on TV and they indicated that the fish would be kept alive in an aquarium at a Cabellos store in Kansas. It sure is one big ugly fish!

i would have been like :fifty: ... yo uknow the bigger they are the uglier they are for sure.

i took my unlce out this past sunday and he hooked into a 7-8# flathead. now you have to imagine him. i thik the biggest thing hes ever caught was a cold. he was seriously freaking out...lol the look on his face was priceless to say the least.

Johnney said:
i would have been like :fifty: ... yo uknow the bigger they are the uglier they are for sure.

i took my unlce out this past sunday and he hooked into a 7-8# flathead. now you have to imagine him. i thik the biggest thing hes ever caught was a cold. he was seriously freaking out...lol the look on his face was priceless to say the least.
That is very cool! I am taking my grandkids out fishing this weekend. It will be the first time the youngest has ever been and she is just soooo excited. She is 6 years old and just a riot to watch her talk about going fishing....we have covered all the extenuating circumstance from "what to do if she catches a whale" to " what if the boat sinks because the fish is so big?"

Johnney said:

LOL I bet!--those flatheads are even uglier IMHO.

CSM said:
we have covered all the extenuating circumstance from "what to do if she catches a whale" to " what if the boat sinks because the fish is so big?"
:laugh::laugh:
that ought to be a fun trip there!

dilloduck said:
LOL I bet!--those flatheads are even uglier IMHO.
hell even that 7-8# one was ugly. i was like damn! had it been that long since i caught one?
lol

a few minutes later i caught a little channel. not worth keeping ubt i kept it anyway, for the catdog

CSM said:
That is very cool! I am taking my grandkids out fishing this weekend. It will be the first time the youngest has ever been and she is just soooo excited. She is 6 years old and just a riot to watch her talk about going fishing....we have covered all the extenuating circumstance from "what to do if she catches a whale" to " what if the boat sinks because the fish is so big?"
:rotflmao: I remember taking my daughter for the first time. I had her sit in a little lawn chair on the bank of a lake holding the pole and waiting, and then, after about 5 mins. just out of the blue she yells, "here fishy, fishy fishy"...I bet I laughed for 30 mins. She was about 4.

Mr. P said:
:rotflmao: I remember taking my daughter for the first time. I had her sit in a little lawn chair on the bank of a lake holding the pole and waiting, and then, after about 5 mins. just out of the blue she yells, "here fishy, fishy fishy"...I bet I laughed for 30 mins. She was about 4.

I've been known to do a few fish calls myself when things get slow :eek:

dilloduck said:
I've been known to do a few fish calls myself when things get slow :eek:
Me too....I think your fishing skill really depends on what hat you are wearing and how you hold your mouth...that's what I am going to tell my grandkids if we dont catch anything!

Mr. P said:

*scowl* I'm older than 4, and I *still* do that. (And it is a 'here' followed by *3* 'fishies'.)

Forum List

Back