Oil watchdog agency corrupt from bottom to top

Discussion in 'Energy' started by JimH52, Oct 15, 2008.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,171
    Whistleblower: Oil watchdog agency 'cult of corruption' - CNN.com

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I have suspected for years that the American people are being ripped off on royalties for the oil taken from OUR reserves.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

3. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,171
    I have a feeling this is just the tip of the Iceberg. bush and his boys have been ripping the American taxpayers a big one for years and the GOP sheep compliantly tag along for the slaughter.

When McCain and the GOP lose big next month, they can blame the abuse this administration has inflicted on our Constitution for the last 8 years. Besides McCain's sudden rush to be a bush lapdog, that will be one of the big reasons that he loses.

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yeah...why else would these companies CARE about drilling in America so much?

After all, if they're not getting oil at bargain prices from America owned land, there is absolutely no difference to THEM, where the oil comes from, is there?

Do me a favor somebody...try to find our how much money the American taxpayers get from all this oil that is being drilled from American owned lands.

Try to find that information. I dare you.

I've tried a lot and oddly (VERY ODDLY) that information seems to exist nowhere on line.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    Don't recall the agencies name but it was LINKED to right here on this very board and stated that on the last year they had figures for 8 BILLION dollars was collected in the Gulf and Atlantic from drilling rights.

Process being a simple one, the oil company PAYS a pitance to lease the land and then IF they drill and make money they have to pay royalties on the oil they pump from any rig that shows a profit.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,134
    We've been screaming this ever since we realized what was going on. Probably some time in 2004. Bush had us all eating out of the palm of his hand after 9-11 and we let him get away with anything he wanted. Then we started getting wise to what he was doing.

How about the Coal Miners in PA? The GOP allowed the mine owners to regulate themselves. Remember all the mine collapses? Yea, those owners didn't punish themselves too hard, nor did they ever fine themselves for not making the mines safe.

And PA might actually vote for McCain? Then they get what they deserve. Idiots.

And if you buy gas and vote GOP, you deserve $5 a gallon gas.

7. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,171
    PA won't go McCain...it won't happen.

8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
  9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,134
    I've been telling people that the GOP passed laws that were pro oil company and anti consumer. And any laws that might stop excessive speculation were not being enforced because Bush appointees were turning a blind eye.

So all the Republican bobble heads that we argue with on these boards make me sick because they are clearly wrong about EVERYTHING, but you have to tackle each issue one by one to debunk their lies. It takes a long time. It's frustrating. And you forget all the shit they did 2 weeks or 2 years ago because it is too much to retain.

Bottom line, this Bush presidency is the worse in US History. Maybe tied with Hoover. And to think the bar was set at Jimmy Carter before Bush totally lowered the bar.

And don't for a second forget the Tom Delay Congress. They are just as much at fault as Bush. And McCain was a part of that.

And we know that McCain ONLY voted against Bush when he knew the bills would pass without him. When Bush/Delay needed McCain, he toed the line every time. He's a scumbag just like Delay & Bush.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,134
    Check this site out. http://www.netrootsmass.net/hughs-bush-scandals-list/

I said it is hard to keep track of all the bullshit the GOP did between 2000-2006 but apparently someone kept track because here is a list. 385 Bush Scandals

WOW.