Oil Spill Causing Cancer and Birth Defects

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Researchers are accusing the FDA for not being tough enough on safety after the BP oil spill in the Gulf. They report that seafood (especially seafood without fins and scales - my emphasis) are found with very high and dangerous levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).

PAHs are chemicals found in oil and industrial pollution, and known to be cancer causing agents, culprit in birth defects and liver damage - FDA Approved Contaminated Seafood

The FDA is the "public health czar" known to frequently harass independent-minded folks for medical findings that the FDA cannot also profit from, while specializing in kissing up to its ally drug lord - the pharmaceutical industry.

Researchers are accusing the FDA for not being tough enough on safety after the BP oil spill in the Gulf. They report that seafood (especially seafood without fins and scales - my emphasis) are found with very high and dangerous levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).

PAHs are chemicals found in oil and industrial pollution, and known to be cancer causing agents, culprit in birth defects and liver damage - FDA Approved Contaminated Seafood

One of the things we really enjoy is the season opening of stone crab. A bottom feeder, no scales or fins. We have stopped going....and i don't think it will be clear for another 10 years at the very least.

The other thing i love is gulf shrimp...and ive taken them off my list too.

I don't believe for one second that the oil is gone or cleaned up.

One of the things we really enjoy is the season opening of stone crab. A bottom feeder, no scales or fins. We have stopped going....and i don't think it will be clear for another 10 years at the very least.

The other thing I love is gulf shrimp...and I've taken them off my list too.

Syrenn, all these may eventually give seafood lovers the option of paying close attention to the benefits of eating seafood with fins and scales. While some people do not know, seafood with fins and scales protects sea creatures from toxins.

You right about the BP oil spill clean-up extending to several years. Besides, that BP oil spill has not affected only North American nations. I believe that hours after the BP Gulf oil spill and due to the constant movement of the Oceans, pollution from the BP spill was also affecting nations in other continents. As a matter of fact, days after the BP oil spill occurred, I advocated that all coastal nations file a class-action against the BP and its affiliates, and the US government for loopholes accorded to BP that were clearly in violation of International laws of the Seas.

Go demonstrate in front of the EPA and the Obama administration. What the hell are they doing milling around on Wall Street?

Go demonstrate in front of the EPA and the Obama administration. What the hell are they doing milling around on Wall Street?

"Milling around on Wall Street"? Did you see me around Wall Street? By the way, the entire US government and its covert activities are my target; and I have made no secret about my opinion.

The gulf has a natural well of oil digesting bacteria due to the natural leakage of oil into the gulf. That coupled with the high average temperature of the gulf compared, for example, to the alaskan coastline leads to quicker degradation of any organic molecule into harmless biological byproducts.

The use of dispersant was to increase the surface area of the spilled oil, allowing for greater biological uptake via bacteria. The bacteria are more than capable of breaking down even the PAH's, given enough time.

The gulf has a natural well of oil digesting bacteria due to the natural leakage of oil into the gulf. That coupled with the high average temperature of the gulf compared, for example, to the Alaskan coastline leads to quicker degradation of any organic molecule into harmless biological byproducts.

The use of dispersant was to increase the surface area of the spilled oil, allowing for greater biological uptake via bacteria. The bacteria are more than capable of breaking down even the PAH's, given enough time.

Martybegan, approximately how long do you think the breaking down process of PAHs would take? And meanwhile, what do you suggest people do?

Forum List

Back