Oil Sands Pipeline Burst --> Kalamazoo --> Two years later --> what a mess

Mindless DittoNutzis think that makes oil safe. Strychnine is also 100% organic!

March 07, 2012
RUSH: Oil's not even toxic. It's natural! Oil is organic. It's as organic as anything is.

Are you saying its not natural? :cuckoo:
:asshole:

Like I have shown over and over again, CON$erviNutzis always play dumb when they are caught with their foot in their mouth.

Are you saying that nothing natural or organic can be toxic? :cuckoo:

So what if it is toxic? Nature can and does break down toxins.

You're angry because our country isn't dirty enough? Really?

You seem to be missing the point [I know, surprise surprise].

If we don't drill for our own oil here, with our very strict environmental standards, then we just end up importing it from overseas. Typically from thrid world shitholes that don't give a flying fuck about the environment. So in the end, we actually reward those countries for crapping all over the environment while at the same time denying jobs right here in the US.

So that is the Hussein's energy policy- reward other countries that abide by lesser standards than ours. He'd rather give a raghead a job, than some redneck American.

Ummm, you know our number one export is gasoline, right?

OK, think about this. Do you really think that America has so much oil we could flood the market world wide and bring down the price two dollars a gallon?

Yes, and why is that? Some of it is because some foreign countries cannot refine their oil, so they ship the oil here to have us refine it and ship it back. Don't see a problem with that, at least thats jobs for refineries and shipping.

Another reason of course is the Hussein economy has more Americans than ever unemployed, so there is far less usage, as well as they can't afford to buy as much as they normally would.
But, I doubt you want to talk about that point. :badgrin:

Are you saying its not natural? :cuckoo:

Like I have shown over and over again, CON$erviNutzis always play dumb when they are caught with their foot in their mouth.

Ahhhh, the brilliance of CON$erviNutzis, there's nothing toxic about toxins. :cuckoo:
Give this DittoNutzi arsenic in his water, it's only natural.

You seem to be missing the point [I know, surprise surprise].

If we don't drill for our own oil here, with our very strict environmental standards, then we just end up importing it from overseas. Typically from thrid world shitholes that don't give a flying fuck about the environment. So in the end, we actually reward those countries for crapping all over the environment while at the same time denying jobs right here in the US.

So that is the Hussein's energy policy- reward other countries that abide by lesser standards than ours. He'd rather give a raghead a job, than some redneck American.

OK, think about this. Do you really think that America has so much oil we could flood the market world wide and bring down the price two dollars a gallon?

Yes, and why is that? Some of it is because some foreign countries cannot refine their oil, so they ship the oil here to have us refine it and ship it back. Don't see a problem with that, at least thats jobs for refineries and shipping.

Another reason of course is the Hussein economy has more Americans than ever unemployed, so there is far less usage, as well as they can't afford to buy as much as they normally would.
Why, because your MessiahRushie told you so. That settles it. :cuckoo: The Pinko Slime Of Politics told him we have more oil than Saudi Arabia so all we have to do is get it out of the ground and gas will be under $2 a gallon.

Of course what the pathological liar leaves out and the DittoNutzie is too stupid to figure out is that this oil is very very EXPENSIVE to get out of the ground and more expensive to refine, much too expensive to sell at $2 per gallon!!!!! "New technology" ain't cheap!!!

March 07, 2012
RUSH: Folks, with new technology, we have more oil in the ground that we can get than they have in Saudi Arabia. That "2% of the world's reserves" means 2% of what has been brought up, 2% of what has been produced, not 2% of the supply. This has been an out-and-out lie, and I don't know how else to categorize it.

March 07, 2012
RUSH: But again, we have much more than 2% of the world's reserves."Reserves" only mean what's been discovered. It only means what has been brought out of the ground. Not 2% of what's in the ground, not 2% of the world supply. We have far more than 2% of the world's supply! We have more oil in the ground -- and this is not me saying it; this is several geological surveys and studies in many different publications. We have more oil in the ground than Saudi Arabia does.

Last edited:
What do you want to do, go back to windmills and blacksmiths or admit that oil is what fuels the world? The ultra radical left are no dummies. They understand that a couple of incidents of sabotage can be used to gain a political advantage. Barry is the last chance for the radical left wing and if it takes an accident that inconveniences people in Louisiana or Michigan what do you think they will do? You already saw the propaganda value that Dean saw in it.

We just had an incident near by on a gas pad,someone broke in and drained fuel oil out of equipment onto the ground. The price of fuel oil is almost 5 bucks,so what do you think the motive was.

The only way to insure that a pipeline will never fail is to not build it.

So if one does build a popeline it behooves one to build it in places where when it fails, the damage can be corrected.

Of course that makes the cost of building it more expensive, doesn't it?

And THAT is why this debate rages on.

The owners of this pipeline do not mind risking somebody else land to make a little more money.

Why should they?

No skin off their nose if they destroy somebody elses land.

Just don't build that kind of stuff in Cos Cobb or Fire Island.

Cause that's where the MASTERS kids live and those kids ACTUALLY matter to the MASTERS.

It's a hell of a long way to the Vatican.

Rail cars carry untold quantities of toxic materials and liquids through heavily populated areas day and night. Pipelines are much safer, but because they involve liquid hydrocarbons the petrophobes pounce.

The keystone line would also transport other products north to south,not just oil from Canada.

Good point. The other day I overheard a radio news story about the government's intention to investigate inventory controlling- as in "controlling" inventories to bolster prices.

How idiotic. Inventory bottlenecks exist because there is no such pipeline as the Keystone.

Why, because your MessiahRushie told you so. That settles it. :cuckoo: The Pinko Slime Of Politics told him we have more oil than Saudi Arabia so all we have to do is get it out of the ground and gas will be under $2 a gallon.

Of course what the pathological liar leaves out and the DittoNutzie is too stupid to figure out is that this oil is very very EXPENSIVE to get out of the ground and more expensive to refine, much too expensive to sell at $2 per gallon!!!!! "New technology" ain't cheap!!!

March 07, 2012
RUSH: Folks, with new technology, we have more oil in the ground that we can get than they have in Saudi Arabia. That "2% of the world's reserves" means 2% of what has been brought up, 2% of what has been produced, not 2% of the supply. This has been an out-and-out lie, and I don't know how else to categorize it.

March 07, 2012
RUSH: But again, we have much more than 2% of the world's reserves."Reserves" only mean what's been discovered. It only means what has been brought out of the ground. Not 2% of what's in the ground, not 2% of the world supply. We have far more than 2% of the world's supply! We have more oil in the ground -- and this is not me saying it; this is several geological surveys and studies in many different publications. We have more oil in the ground than Saudi Arabia does.

I was addressing why we export gasoline, you moron. :clap2:

As for having huge amounts of oil in our own land, that's what scientists are saying. Just because Rush sites, makes it false?

Last edited:
Hawk, do you understand the differance between carogen and oil? Do you have any idea how much water and energy it takes to get carogen out of the rock? And after that, you still have to refine it.

Oil, in the traditional sense, the liquid stuff, we have about 2% to 3% of the worlds supply. By the time you get the oil out of oil shale, EVs will be looking super cheap.

Ahhhh, the brilliance of CON$erviNutzis, there's nothing toxic about toxins. :cuckoo:
Give this DittoNutzi arsenic in his water, it's only natural.

And a little mercury never hurt anyone in coal fired power plant emissions, it is just bad in CFL's.

12D6E004938FD04D.gif

Wow you libs are derranged. All you can do is change the subject. I wasn't talking about shale oil, or coal power plants.

Carry on, dipshits.

What do you want to do, go back to windmills and blacksmiths or admit that oil is what fuels the world? The ultra radical left are no dummies. They understand that a couple of incidents of sabotage can be used to gain a political advantage. Barry is the last chance for the radical left wing and if it takes an accident that inconveniences people in Louisiana or Michigan what do you think they will do? You already saw the propaganda value that Dean saw in it.

Agreed. The perspective should be, "Best Foot Forward". Damage by use of inferior or substandard materials, even incompetence should be criminal, though, and the Penalties to include 100% restoration and 100% damages.Consider that there are not only innocent reasons for accidents but both incompetent and criminal.

Where there are issues with the integrity, or maintenance, or inspection of pipe-line, I would ask where the Fuck is Government Regulation and Oversight. Yes, Government has a role in prevention and safeguarding. Yes the Oil Companies have a Responsibility, even in foresight. There is always what you know V.S. what you tell us, My bets on the truth coming out one way or another.
I'm reading a book, "Cyber War" by Richard A. Clarke (Harper/Collins, 2010, NY), and his take on all this recent oil spillage is that he has his reservations about recent spills could be cyber sabotage. He cited some potential consequences from hacking and controlling SCADA systems. “You could cause trains to derail, blow up generators, melt power lines. The recent pipeline in San Francisco, which is still being investigated, could have happened as a result of this. The control system can be made to appear perfectly normal, while the functionality is being messed with, by blocking one end of the pipeline, causing it to explode.” He learned from his colleague Professor William W. Kaufmann, who taught defense analysis and strategic nuclear weapons policy at MIT for decades, and later at Harvard and the Brookings Institution. He was also advisor to six Secretaries of Defense, shuttling between Boston and Washington every week for decades.

Before jumping to political conclusions, these avenues truly should be delved into, and our response should be better than in a recent debacle that closed down the NY Stock Exchange, where the solution was to "pretend it never happened."

It's a great book, and I recommend it to those who are concerned about the spate of pipeline busts from the tons of spillage in Kalamazoo where only speculations are assuming faulty corporate errors sans any viable proof, and records that do not back the thesis.

In short, we need to wait and see about ruling out this possibility of someone manipulating events for political advantage by disadvantaging communities into hasty finger-pointing at some convenient illusion to explain away a political cause of the disaster. On a chart of major powers in the world, the US has the largest capacity for Cyber offense and the lowest score for overall cyber war strength, determined scientifically (p. 149, ibid). IOW, someone could have done this, and the North Koreans, who rated highest score, would know when and where before we did.

So while the truth comes out sooner or later, if it comes out too much later, it could have a devastating political consequence if the event is criminally politicized by cyber terrorists.

Scary? Tell me.

Last edited:
We are not in need of more oil. Our biggest export now is diesel and gasoline. So time is not a factor here. Environmental and human damage is.

I totally agree with you on Quality, and Disaster Preperation. Best laid plans, ect. Our mill has one section that makes pipe for pipelines like this. There are many grades of pipe, with differant costs and strengths. Dealing with this type of crude, you need to go with the best, as in most expensive. Less is risking damage to the humans near the line, as well as their property, and the environment we all share.

The USA imports more than 11 million barrels of Oil each day.

Deducting the exports of refined petroleum products, the net inports are still over 8 million barrels per day.

The truth does not have a bad taste. Despite that, it could still leave your mouth on occasion.

http://205.254.135.7/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=727&t=6

Last edited:
Definately shows the President's wisdom in making sure there is time to consider all the factors on a project like this.

You are making it Political. I think I need to Puke. .......... :puke3:

There, that's better. :D

It was made political when the GOP tried to rush it through. The projected course through the Sandhills was insane. That is the area where the water goes down for a vast aquifer. An aquifer that we use for extensive agriculture.

The standards of the Democrat Senate, three years is just a twinkle in the eye, but after three years of study, what was left to know?

I wonder if Harry Reid waits three years before he uses the can...

It might explain why he's so full of his contents.

We are not in need of more oil. Our biggest export now is diesel and gasoline. So time is not a factor here. Environmental and human damage is.

I totally agree with you on Quality, and Disaster Preperation. Best laid plans, ect. Our mill has one section that makes pipe for pipelines like this. There are many grades of pipe, with differant costs and strengths. Dealing with this type of crude, you need to go with the best, as in most expensive. Less is risking damage to the humans near the line, as well as their property, and the environment we all share.

The USA imports more than 11 million barrels of Oil each day.

Deducting the exports of refined petroleum products, the net inports are still over 8 million barrels per day.

The truth does not have a bad taste. Despite that, it could still leave your mouth on occasion.

How much petroleum does the United States import and from where? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
The tar sand carried by the Keystone spill line is for export, so it will have no effect on imports!!!

The truth has a bad taste for you, but will never leave your mouth.

Forum List

Back