Oil Sands Boom Dries Up in Alberta, Taking Thousands of Jobs With it

Energy Experts Debunk Right-Wing Defense Of Oil Subsidies

President Obama Proposed Repealing $4 Billion In Annual Tax Subsidies For Oil And Gas Companies. From an Associated Press summary of President Obama's proposed budget for fiscal year 2013:

Obama would repeal more than $4 billion per year in tax subsidies to oil, gas and other fossil fuel producers. The budget proposal says the plan "eliminates inefficient fossil fuel subsidies that impede investment in clean energy sources and undermine efforts to address the threat of climate change.''

Energy Expert: "The Incremental Change In Production That Might Result From Changing Oil Subsidies Will Have No Impact On World Oil Prices." According to Severin Borenstein, co-director of U.C. Berkeley's Center for the Study of Energy Markets, cutting subsidies for oil companies "would not affect gasoline prices."

Right-Wing Media Falsely Claim That Cutting Tax Breaks For Oil Companies Will Boost Gas Prices

Oil Industry Analyst: Impact Would Be Negligible

Tom Kloza, an oil industry analyst and founder of the Oil Price Information Service, agreed that the impact would be negligible. "It is a small amount of money considering the huge sums flowing in and out of oil futures," he said, referring to the commodity markets.

Playing Politics with Gasoline Prices

Former API Economist: Ending Oil Subsidies Would Have "Very Little" Effect On Gasoline Prices

Energy Experts Debunk Right-Wing Defense Of Oil Subsidies

Says the oil industry subsidies that President Barack Obama is attacking don’t exist
Bill Johnson on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 in a news conference

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

The nonpartisan taxpayer watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense estimates the U.S. tax code currently contains about $5 billion in yearly tax breaks that are exclusive to the oil and gas industry, and says the industry also benefits from an extra $5.5 billion worth of general business tax provisions that companies in other industries also claim.

"The oil and gas industry often argues the tax breaks they take advantage of are available to every industry," the group’s vice president, Steve Ellis, said in an email. "But obviously other industries can’t realistically claim the Intangible Drilling Costs tax credit (created in 1918) or the Expensing of Tertiary Injectants tax credit or the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit for blending ethanol into fuel."

...While use of the word "subsidy" to describe tax credits for the energy industry seems most popular among Democrats, plenty of Republicans have used that phrasing, too.

...A March 2012 Congressional Budget Office report on federal financial support for energy development and production also refers to energy tax preferences as "subsidies."

Bill Johnson says subsidies for the oil companies that Barack Obama has attacked don't exist
Is your name Synthaholic? Fuck off.
Really, is 20 seconds of your time worth more than my 38 years in this industry? :dunno:

The Solar Industry Created More Jobs In 2014 Than Oil And Gas Extraction

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

solar2.jpg

Canada’s green energy sector has grown so quickly and has become such an important part of the economy that it now employs more people than the oil sands.

Green energy sector jobs surpass total oil sands employment - The Globe and Mail

Do you even have the ability to have your own opinion, or are you just a cut and paste twatwaddle?
Have you ever asked that question of USMB's cut-n-paste queen, PoliticalChic?

Of course not, you hack.

Is your name Synthaholic? Fuck off.
Really, is 20 seconds of your time worth more than my 38 years in this industry? :dunno:

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

solar2.jpg

Canada’s green energy sector has grown so quickly and has become such an important part of the economy that it now employs more people than the oil sands.

Green energy sector jobs surpass total oil sands employment - The Globe and Mail

Do you even have the ability to have your own opinion, or are you just a cut and paste twatwaddle?

Of course not, you hack.
It doesn't matter to you if one cuts and pastes, or speaks from decades of experience. You'll believe what you want to. :slap:

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

solar2.jpg

Of course not, you hack.
It doesn't matter to you if one cuts and pastes, or speaks from decades of experience. You'll believe what you want to. :slap:
Decades of experience does not make one objective. Quite the opposite, especially when your livelihood is entangled in that opinion.

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

solar2.jpg

Of course not, you hack.
Decades of experience does not make one objective. Quite the opposite, especially when your livelihood is entangled in that opinion.
And I suppose when you need a tooth pulled you call the plumber? :dunno:

:slap:

solar-jobs-638x534.jpg

solar2.jpg

Of course not, you hack.

No, but I certainly don't ask the dentist if he believes dentists make too much money, or if he believes dental hygienists could pull that tooth just as capably.

The answers I would receive would be biased/slanted.

And stop hitting me!

Of course not, you hack.

No, but I certainly don't ask the dentist if he believes dentists make too much money, or if he believes dental hygienists could pull that tooth just as capably.

The answers I would receive would be biased/slanted.

And stop hitting me!
This is why folks such as yourself turn to Josh Fox for information on hydraulic fracturing as opposed to the myriad of available industry publications that are filled with... science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. :lol:

Have a gander...

World Oil - Upstream News | Technology | Exploration | Drilling | Production | Statistics | Careers | Events

Oil & Gas Journal- Oil and Gas News, Prices, Oil Drilling, Exploration and Production

American Oil & Gas Reporter

Welcome to Exploration & Production | Exploration & Production

P.S. - :smiliehug:

Have a gander...
I will when I sober up.
:lol:

I've been perusing such publications since I graduated in the '70s. Absolutely fascinating stuff. A lot of the technical articles are over my head as they can get quite detailed and in-depth. The offshore industry just blows me away.

I was at a national convention years ago (www.ipaa.org) and noticed Noble Drilling on some guy's name tag. I told him how I'd love to visit an offshore platform and that I'd help pay for gas if I could hitch a ride on a tender. He thought that was funny enough so he gave his card and told to call and ask for his secretary and they's arrange something. Like a doof, I didn't follow up. Self Brotch slap... :slap:

Forum List

Back