Oil Pulling.. a Miracle?

"Basically all you do is rinse your mouth out with vegetable oil"...

"If done correctly..."

That's like saying "if you wipe your ass correctly..."

I mean- come on.

No, you swish it through your teeth for about 15 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach. Not vegetable oil, sunflower or sesame oil. Then just spit it in the toilet.

It does help with sinuses and if you have problems with your teeth, it strengthens them. Some people think it pulls the toxins from the body too but I don't believe it goes that far.

Does anyone know exactly what it's supposed to do?

I mean..does it make your teeth white, does it cure arthritis, or does it fix your sinuses? Those are all widely divergent issues...

I know if you swallow it you're likely to experience the joys of a colonic cleansing...

sheesh a lot of questions I can't answer..

I imagine it pulls a variety of toxins and such from your mouth, which would be a good thing.

If you consider that your mouth is the typical gateway to your body along with your skin, a method of cleaning the toxins and such makes logical sense..

Holy crap, you have to swish that shit for 15-20 minutes!! That's just nasty!

"In the morning, before breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr Karach puts it as ' sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough. It is then spit from the mouth , the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean."

Ugh. 15-20 minutes. How is that even humanly possible?

Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy, An Ancient Ayurvedic natural remedies for Great Health

I mean..does it make your teeth white, does it cure arthritis, or does it fix your sinuses? Those are all widely divergent issues...

I know if you swallow it you're likely to experience the joys of a colonic cleansing...

Never swallow it.

Believe me, I have no intention of swallowing it.

They suggest doing it 2-3 times a day.

That's like an hour of oil swishing.

That's crazy.

Never swallow it.

Have you tried this out Sarah?

Believe me, I have no intention of swallowing it.

They suggest doing it 2-3 times a day.

That's like an hour of oil swishing.

That's crazy.

No, just once in the morning. I used to do it religiously for sinus probs and it did help a lot but it took a lot of time in the morning when I'm already doing a million other things. If you're looking for a great oil to cook with etc, read all about coconut oil. It's good for your metabolism and other issues.

Coconut Oil Cures

Love Earth Clinic.

Never swallow it.

Yes. I am having problems with my eyes, dry eye. My eye doctor gave me several things to try one was a steroid and it helped the most but I can't stay on it. I'm thinking of trying oil pulling again for that.

Never swallow it.

Yes. I am having problems with my eyes, dry eye. My eye doctor gave me several things to try one was a steroid and it helped the most but I can't stay on it. I'm thinking of trying oil pulling again for that.

My wife has had that dry eye problem for years and has tried several medications, the hot wet towel seems to work best. I wonder if this oil pulling is working for that. I'll have to see how it goes for her.

My wife has had that dry eye problem for years and has tried several medications, the hot wet towel seems to work best. I wonder if this oil pulling is working for that. I'll have to see how it goes for her.

I hope it works for her.

You must do it first thing in the morning before drinking, eating brushing or anything. And it is imperative that you do it for exactly 20 minutes. Just swish it around your mouth over your teeth under your tongue but do not gargle it. After 20 minutes spit it out and rinse out your mouth. They say use a tongue scrapper too.

The theory is that a lot of ailments we suffer from come, from the germs we have in our mouths, which makes sense since this is the major area where our bodies can be entered and we eat, drink and breathe through the mouth. The oil draws out or kills a major portion of these germs and the 20 minute time frame is very important. Less time and the oil will not make it in between the teeth and those hard to get places. Too long and the oil breaks down and the germs are re-released. You will notice the oil changes from thick to thin fluid.

Here is a good link that is very informative.

Oil Pulling For Detoxing? No, But Helps With Gum Disease & Immunity -- Natural Health Newsletter

Last edited:
Any evidence it does work?

Sounds funky to me. Why is it called "oil PULLING"? That's sort of weird.
Yes. "Pulling" is kinda peculiar. Could it be adapted from some foreign word?

It supposedly pulls toxins out of your body. I think it only pulls from your mouth and sinus area, I don't see it pulling toxins from further than that.

Never swallow it.

The fifteen minutes x3 is what puts me off. I couldn't deal with that regimen if it were capable of restoring my sexy male persona, complete with hair and Pepsodent smile.

"Basically all you do is rinse your mouth out with vegetable oil"...

"If done correctly..."

That's like saying "if you wipe your ass correctly..."

I mean- come on.

No, you swish it through your teeth for about 15 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach. Not vegetable oil, sunflower or sesame oil. Then just spit it in the toilet.

It does help with sinuses and if you have problems with your teeth, it strengthens them. Some people think it pulls the toxins from the body too but I don't believe it goes that far.

Its a good substitute hair conditioner in a pinch, but you have to shampoo very well after using olive oil. I read it can be used to "erase" wrinkles also. I plan to use makeup when the time comes, save the olive oil for cooking.

The fifteen minutes x3 is what puts me off. I couldn't deal with that regimen if it were capable of restoring my sexy male persona, complete with hair and Pepsodent smile.

No, you just do it once in the morning before you eat anything.

My wife and daughter started this treatment about a week ago and they believe it's working for them. Heck, I'm ready to try it.

--------------------:confused:

“That sounds ridiculous,” exclaimed Rick in disbelief. “It will never work. How could it? It doesn’t make any sense.” Rick suffered from chronic sinusitis. At night when lying down, his nose would stop up, making it difficult for him to breathe and to sleep. The congestion also caused him to experience frequent headaches.

The therapy I was telling him about was oil pulling. Although oil pulling has its origins in Ayurvedic medicine, which dates back thousands of years, this modern version is relatively new, at least in the United States. Oil pulling is very simple. Basically all you do is rinse your mouth out with vegetable oil, much like you would with a mouthwash. As simple as it sounds, if done correctly it has a very powerful cleansing and healing affect not only on the mouth and sinuses, but the entire body.

A few days later, Rick called me on the phone. “Wow! This oil pulling stuff really works,” he exclaimed. “My sinuses began to drain immediately. I expelled a lot of dark yellow, gross looking mucous. I’m breathing easier and sleeping better and my headaches are gone!”

I wasn’t surprised with Rick’s success. I hear many similar responses from others with various health problems. “I was skeptical at first,” says Cynthia. “I couldn’t see how swishing oil in my mouth could help with my arthritis. After eight days I noticed the pain in my hands diminished considerably. There was also marked improvement in my neck and I could move my head from side to side without any pain. I was amazed at how quickly I got results. I haven’t felt this good in along time!”

Oil Pulling For A Brighter Smile and Better Health by Bruce Fife

I translated it for my GF but substituted oil for....ahem....something else.:eusa_shhh:
This is hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back