Oil Prices return to pre-Katrina levels...

archangel said:
everyone is just so content when the price goes down to $2.00 they seem to fail to wonder how another country can make a profit at $0.14 per gallon...brainwashed I suppose! :huh:
No, $0.14 per gallon is called a subsidized price..But the money comes from somewhere, it doesn't grow on trees anymore.

Mr. P said:
No, $0.14 per gallon is called a subsidized price..But the money comes from somewhere, it doesn't grow on trees anymore.

subsidized price covers your debate....sorry they sell it and still make a profit at the so called "subsidized" price...please give me the link showing they are selling at a loss...I posted the link showing the selling price!

archangel said:
subsidized price covers your debate....sorry they sell it and still make a profit at the so called "subsidized" price...please give me the link showing they are selling at a loss...I posted the link showing the selling price!
I've not said they lose money..
I don't think a link, even if I had one would do you any good. You obviously don't understand what a subsidy is.

Mr. P said:
I've not said they lose money..
I don't think a link, even if I had one would do you any good. You obviously don't understand what a subsidy is.

I did not get nasty with you...and yes I am aware of what a subsidy is...this was not the issue...I made it clear that it was a government run fuel seller...
they are selling fuel at the $0.14 per gallon rate and are not losing money...subsidy or not! They are making a profit...is this so hard to understand? :eek:

archangel said:
I did not get nasty with you...and yes I am aware of what a subsidy is...this was not the issue...I made it clear that it was a government run fuel seller...
they are selling fuel at the $0.14 per gallon rate and are not losing money...subsidy or not! They are making a profit...is this so hard to understand? :eek:
I understand a subsidy very well..If it wasn't there then there would be NO PROFIT at .14...understand? It comes from someones pocket..The population comes to mind.

Mr. P said:
I understand a subsidy very well..If it wasn't there then there would be NO PROFIT at .14...understand? It comes from someones pocket..The population comes to mind.

There is a profit at $0.14 per gallon because the government runs the fuel producing industry...they bi-pass the corporation and distributors added costs to include profits for investors in a stock market...they pump the raw material and process it and still make a profit...so therfore there is plenty of raw material and the cost to process it is obviously not as much as our wonderful oil moguls would have you believe...subsidy is when a government helps in the cost to produce....since the government is the producer they do not have to pay themselves as we would have to do if we subsidized our oil industry...which we do but the savings is not passed on to the consumer...what part of this do you not understand....we are in fact getting ripped off at the pump!

Mr. P said:

We are their largest customer. They use our dollars to subsidize their gasoline.

This is kind of like Alaska not charging State Taxes because the oil revenue is enough for them.

Still waiting.. We should be about 10 cents higher than Kathianne, on average.. She's $2.99, and we're still $3.15 in the cheap parts of town, and $3.29 in the rest.. Pre-Katrina, we were at $2.64-ish

$3.19 here now. This is the highest it has ever been in CO. Usually cheaper here because we have refineries in Commerce City, just around the corner. (Fricking smelly-ass place.)

Forum List

Back